[ROM] Official LineageOS 14.1 for Falcon (WEEKLY)

Search This thread

matmutant

Mar 17, 2011
~/
andrux-and-me.blogspot.com
Moto G
Moto E
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
[COLOR="Red"]* Your warranty is now void.[/COLOR]
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

About
Lin·e·age
/ˈlinēij/
noun
  1. lineal descent from an ancestor; ancestry or pedigree.
  2. a sequence of species each of which is considered to have evolved from its predecessor.

some words of wisdom:
WIP

Latest features :

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 14.1 for Falcon (WEEKLY), ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
matmutant, luca020400, LuK1337, Google, LineageOS Team, Motorola
Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2017-01-26
Last Updated 2017-02-01

matmutant

Mar 17, 2011
~/
Moto G
Moto E
Download & Install

LINKs:
All Downloads
Nightly Changelog
OpenGapps choose ARM>7.1>micro/nano/pico (micro might still be too big... unless you use the custom install options that allows you not to install everything from the package)
Either way, you might want to further customize your installation (both gapps and system apps), refer to this tutorial
REMEMBER:
ONLY use TWRP 3.0.2-1 or up
/!\ Before installing, read post #3. /!\
HOW TO INSTALL
Requirements: Unlocked Bootloader, a Nougat compatible Custom Recovery and the Downloaded Zips.
NB: as with CM14.1, with a Lollipop compatible recovery like TWRP 3.0.2-0, you will get stuck to recovery, It is MANDATORY to update to 3.0.2-1.; the following error is still present : E:unknown command [log] but will not prevent install.

1. Place the rom and other like Gapps on the internal Storage or on a USB OTG
  2. Reboot to recovery using the hotkey ( PowerOff+Vol- => With Vol- Go to Recovery => Select the recovery option with Vol+ )
  3. Do Wipes (Data, Cache, Dalvik and System partitions) if you are in a different ROM.
  4. Select the Zips
  5. Swipe to install (if using TWRP)
  6. Reboot and wait 2-3 min

HOW TO DIRTY UPDATE
Same as above, without the need of wiping of reflashing gapps.

HOW TO COME FROM CM13/14?
The Best practice way is to follow the clean install way.
BUT it is also possible to update from CM13/14 using an EXPERIMENTAL data migration build.
Here are the Official recommendations :
  • This build will allow you to ‘upgrade’ from CM to the signed LineageOS weekly
  • This build may wipe permissions (you’ll have to re-allow app permissions), but should retain all user data
  • This build will be watermarked with an ugly banner to ensure that you don’t permanently run this EXPERIMENTAL release, and upgrade to a normal weekly after.
  • The process for this installation will be as follows:
  1. Install EXPERIMENTAL migration build on top of cm-13.0 or cm-14.1 build (don’t try to install LineageOS 13.0 on top of CM 14.1, that will not work).
  2. Reboot
  3. Install LineageOS weekly build
  4. Reboot
  5. Re-setup your application permissions

Given the EXPERIMENTAL nature of this process, we are going to remove this option in two months time.
As Always, DO A TWRP BACKUP before trashing your device!

Last edited:

matmutant

Mar 17, 2011
~/
Moto G
Moto E
Notes, Bugs, and miscellaneous.

Tips and notes:

When choosing a Gapps package ensure it can fit into /system when flashed.
Nano gapps package is recommended as it fits and provides everything in a base package you will need for gapps support. Then, you can install the other google apps from the store later on if needed.

Remember nightly builds are experimental: they can and will be broken from time to time. Always have a backup at hand.

To transfer files from/to PC when plugged in you will get the charging mode prompt status in the status bar, then click it to change from charging mode to transfer files.

Considering the quite low amount of Falcon users left over here, I'm not sure about making a full-sized FAQ;
For now, the following will take that purpose:

[SIZE=+1]Q1: Question?[/SIZE]
answer​
[SIZE=+1]Q2: How to get Root?[/SIZE]

go to : https://download.lineageos.org/extras
and choose "su (arm)" download.​

Last edited:

matmutant

Mar 17, 2011
~/
Moto G
Moto E
Question, is there a list of what is working and not working on this rom as far as of hardware?

Thanks

Basically, what worked on CM14.1 works on Lineage on this device, I didn't thoroughly tested it, but I didn't encounter much regressions after the migration (I performed the "Experimental" migration, to be in worse case scenario)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    [COLOR="Red"]* Your warranty is now void.[/COLOR]
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

About
    Lin·e·age
    /ˈlinēij/
    noun
    1. lineal descent from an ancestor; ancestry or pedigree.
    2. a sequence of species each of which is considered to have evolved from its predecessor.

some words of wisdom:
    WIP

Latest features :

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1 for Falcon (WEEKLY), ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
    matmutant, luca020400, LuK1337, Google, LineageOS Team, Motorola
    Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2017-01-26
    Last Updated 2017-02-01
    Download & Install

LINKs:
    All Downloads
    Nightly Changelog
    OpenGapps choose ARM>7.1>micro/nano/pico (micro might still be too big... unless you use the custom install options that allows you not to install everything from the package)
    Either way, you might want to further customize your installation (both gapps and system apps), refer to this tutorial
    REMEMBER:
    ONLY use TWRP 3.0.2-1 or up
    /!\ Before installing, read post #3. /!\
    HOW TO INSTALL
    Requirements: Unlocked Bootloader, a Nougat compatible Custom Recovery and the Downloaded Zips.
    NB: as with CM14.1, with a Lollipop compatible recovery like TWRP 3.0.2-0, you will get stuck to recovery, It is MANDATORY to update to 3.0.2-1.; the following error is still present : E:unknown command [log] but will not prevent install.

1. Place the rom and other like Gapps on the internal Storage or on a USB OTG
    2. Reboot to recovery using the hotkey ( PowerOff+Vol- => With Vol- Go to Recovery => Select the recovery option with Vol+ )
    3. Do Wipes (Data, Cache, Dalvik and System partitions) if you are in a different ROM.
    4. Select the Zips
    5. Swipe to install (if using TWRP)
    6. Reboot and wait 2-3 min

HOW TO DIRTY UPDATE
    Same as above, without the need of wiping of reflashing gapps.

HOW TO COME FROM CM13/14?
    The Best practice way is to follow the clean install way.
    BUT it is also possible to update from CM13/14 using an EXPERIMENTAL data migration build.
    Here are the Official recommendations :
    • This build will allow you to ‘upgrade’ from CM to the signed LineageOS weekly
    • This build may wipe permissions (you’ll have to re-allow app permissions), but should retain all user data
    • This build will be watermarked with an ugly banner to ensure that you don’t permanently run this EXPERIMENTAL release, and upgrade to a normal weekly after.
    • The process for this installation will be as follows:
    1. Install EXPERIMENTAL migration build on top of cm-13.0 or cm-14.1 build (don’t try to install LineageOS 13.0 on top of CM 14.1, that will not work).
    2. Reboot
    3. Install LineageOS weekly build
    4. Reboot
    5. Re-setup your application permissions

Given the EXPERIMENTAL nature of this process, we are going to remove this option in two months time.
    As Always, DO A TWRP BACKUP before trashing your device!
    Notes, Bugs, and miscellaneous.

Tips and notes:

When choosing a Gapps package ensure it can fit into /system when flashed.
    Nano gapps package is recommended as it fits and provides everything in a base package you will need for gapps support. Then, you can install the other google apps from the store later on if needed.

Remember nightly builds are experimental: they can and will be broken from time to time. Always have a backup at hand.

To transfer files from/to PC when plugged in you will get the charging mode prompt status in the status bar, then click it to change from charging mode to transfer files.

Considering the quite low amount of Falcon users left over here, I'm not sure about making a full-sized FAQ;
    For now, the following will take that purpose:

[SIZE=+1]Q1: Question?[/SIZE]
    answer​
    [SIZE=+1]Q2: How to get Root?[/SIZE]

go to : https://download.lineageos.org/extras
    and choose "su (arm)" download.​
    There you go, a rotating room. It's just like this!

18kzzflijj1sdjpg.jpg