[TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

Search This thread

korna

Jan 15, 2009
It looks random or time related. During a crash the device gets stuck. The image freezes for a few second. Then a reboot fellows.

• First time I was using the data.img of FroYo FRX07.1. (don't remember what I was doing but it did not last long).
  • Second time was a clean GBX0C 2.3.7. I went into settings and after entering and changing settings in two menus it crashed when entering the third.
  • Third time I was trying to move the android avatar from the desktop to the bin. It crashed before I could reach the bin.
  • Fourth time I did nothing and it crashed after a few seconds.

I run FRX07.1 without problems. Although it is a bit slower and I don't have audio with bluetooth.

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Try a different SD card perhaps, one with better random read/write performance.

Also checkout my Speed Improvements thread. Pay special attention to the SD card section - that buffer setting can really make or break your device.

Nubrig

Oct 20, 2009
Even though noone is in development any more (apparently) I'll state an issue I've had. The battery meter doesn't work right and sometimes the phone turns off. What happens next is that when I power it on it's stuck in a loop and doesn't boot. Only after a few tries and having it charged while turned off it powers on and I'm able to run Haret once again. Could it be the battery's fault and not a software issue? In WinMo the meter works quite well.

R^7Z

Without proper calibration, it's difficult to say whether it (the battery meter) was or was not accurate. I usually charge my battery to around 80% before booting into Android/running HaRET and majority of the times, Android shows it as 100%. Now if you ran a battery meter similar to TBattery in winmo, it would say something similar: 100% (for the MS and PA percentage) and 80% (for the KADC and RARC values). Obviously the latter is what I look at prior to disconnecting my device from the charger and booting from winmo to Android. Additionally, if you have an older battery that doesn't keep its charge (like it should), it would further the task of attempting to calibrate the battery in winmo and affect what is being reported in Android.
Now on to your issue with the phone turning off on its own. I've experienced this but it was not always due to the battery being completely discharged. Sometimes it would crash for another reason and the back/battery would feel warm/hot nine times out of ten, which would indicate that there was a process being hung or something similar (probably due to the fact that the display was never shut off/collapsed properly). Unfortunately, I don't think there was any solution (for our device) to the display only being lowered and not properly collapsed. I think I had a work around but since Android tablets have become more affordable, I've opted for the actual experience and since, have left my RAPH to it's own dealings. It's still a decent camera and mp3 player... :D
:cool:

Last edited:

Nubrig

Oct 20, 2009
Yeah I just thought I'd revive my old Touch Pro, but it's so old I can't even get it sold apparently! Guess I'll have to sell it as a GPS device..

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Even though noone is in development any more (apparently) I'll state an issue I've had. The battery meter doesn't work right and sometimes the phone turns off. What happens next is that when I power it on it's stuck in a loop and doesn't boot. Only after a few tries and having it charged while turned off it powers on and I'm able to run Haret once again. Could it be the battery's fault and not a software issue? In WinMo the meter works quite well.

Battery meter is inaccurate, and since you're not shutting down the phone properly (sudden battery failure) the data.img is becoming corrupt.

I'm betting if you start with a new data.img it will work, but obviously all your personal data (from /data in Android) will be gone.

Sorry. It is what it is. Be happy it runs Android at all...

Reactions: Supermatt01

Nubrig

Oct 20, 2009
I'm really happy indeed it can run Android even this way. It just seems like it's draining power more than it charges so it cannot stay powered on for more than a day even while charging.. Anyhow, I might try a new data.img just for the sake of my quriosity..

Jan 23, 2012
Verizon HTC Touch Pro .csv

Here are the files from my Verizon HTC Touch Pro, which is running the copper rom (i love windows mobile 6.5!)

Attachments

• TouchPro_Copper_csv.zip
    18.8 KB · Views: 22

ego-sum

Jul 7, 2008
Test results

First: arrrghhh and all your supporters - thx sooo much for this work, it is truly incredible and marvellous and I am deeply thankful for that chance to run Android on that Device.
I ran the FroYo for a few days and it ran stable and smooth, no battery drain on my end, just problems connecting via USB, but that's Desktop-Sided, bad OBEX-driver install by MyPhoneExplorer, syncing Thunderbird via WiFi now, all fine.

Ginger runs even faster and more responsive, also no rad batt drainage, stable too - only if I activate Wifi I always end up with an automated softreset after a few minutes.
I can connect, I see the IP, all fine, but then it resets. not in browser, no workload on WiFi, just connected, and leaving it for a minute or two - bam, down we go.
HW Info and WinMo-ROM in sig, using the integrated Kernel - if it auto-installs, otherwise its the one from the latest 2.2.2 FroYo Build - what else can I post...
Provider (prolly wont matter) is o2, habitat is Germany...
No clean wipe of the SD Card beforehand, 8 GB Card, 2.44 GB free, class 2 sdhc card (SanDisk).
startup modified only with "german_raph" kb-layout.
Any pointers? Any info needed?
thx so much for all the work that went into this project and all the best from Germany!

Edit: Trying different WinMo ROMs now, Blackstone Thread of this showed a guy who solved said prob with a fresh 6.1 ROM instead of his 6.5 ROM - giving it a try...

Add.: So far it's running smooth w/ WiFi on - running the latest German Stock ROM

Add.:
  • I am too ashamed to admit that I mistook your *.CSV File prereq for *.VCF File info for contacts... and thus just realized my mike won't work... but let's not dwell in the past...
  • I haven't had a single crash for 30 hrs since I went for a fresh 6.1 Stock ROM. Just some "sorry, App won't react, force quit or wait" - but at 12-20 MB free RAM that's logical and not too often.
  • Batt drain is worse than I thought, still checking if background processes are causing it - 6 hrs and down to 13% (which is inaccurate of course).
  • MX Player seems either too load heavy or incapable of playing any vid files, still checking...

Add.:
  • Batt drain is known problem from cell standby - tho network coverage is perfect in these parts, still working on identifying the problem
  • In flight mode (which I use often during sleep times) time is off by about 10-12 min. after about 8 hrs. network provider is off by 2 mins - I dont care much for that, others do as I read. ClockSync helps out, still testing, cause it works with NTP (Network Time Protocol) and in flight mode this obviously cant be the proper solution... might be kernel problems? Can't tell yet.
  • Free RAM is about 30 MB on startup

Add.:
  • "android.process.acore shut down on me right after startup - uninstalled latest apps thru MyPhoneExplorer, still no chance, had to kill data.img and reconfigure. Last tests were OMNAnd+ and GPS Test.
  • random flickering and activating capacitive keys might be solveable thru editing of raph_navi_pad.kl with root explorer - but whenever I do and reboot it's reset. seems it's fresh reloaded when android is loaded - can't tell yet. Prolly need to "#"-out the DPAD_UP, DPAD_DOWN, DPAD_RIGHT and DPAD_LEFT to stop the random moves - tho every capa-button could be deactivated - i still hope its really just the capa-button, not the physical one underneath as well - tho even the physical DPas is useless to me b/c of the bad Design of the button layout.

Add.:
Whatever I try to deactivate that blasted DPAD so that it would not select everything randomly and deselect MY selection - I cant manage to do it! I mounted and changed rootfs.img and the keyboard layouts in it, i mounted and altered system.ext2 but it still doesn't deactivate the keypad. What do I have to alter or delete to stop that capacitive Buttons from working?

Last edited:

drinkypoo

Jun 4, 2009
Albion, CA
hyperlogos.org
kernels

you can't download kernels from the build service any more, they are all gone

anyone have a newer kernel than what comes with this image, and is it any better in any way?

while I'm asking questions, how can you use a partitioned card? I can't find a guide. I tried adding no_partitions to the cmdline which made no sense to me and also didn't work, it just created a data.img. I partitioned the card and moved the old contents of data.img to ext2 on the second primary

edit: found the answer again, after still more searching. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1420264&page=57

edit edit: this software is useless without ext3. it crashes at the drop of a hat, any hat, and it takes out files almost every time it happens.

Last edited:
May 31, 2009
I'm desperated by wifi tethering - help me please!

Guys, first of all I want to thank you for your overwhelming nice work - you make my HTC Touch Pro useable. :good:

But I've got a major issue: I'm not able to provide a mobile WLAN-hotspot by my phone - neither by the native function (after tapping onto this butten I recieve a error notification and the button wents grey and no longer usable), nor by using Wireless Tether for Root Users (it says:
Code:
Uable to start tethering. Please try again!
), or Barnacle Wifi Tethering (
Code:
Starting...
Data network is ready
.ini file prepared
WIFI: Failed to load driver: Unknown error: 0
WIFI: Could not set address of wlan0: No such device
WIFI: Could not get address of wlan0: No such device
WIFI: Could not get flags of wlan0: No such device
NAT: waiting for local interface
Stopped unexpectedly!

I'm Using the GBX0C 2.3.7 (Startup: RAPH100) and modules-2.6.27.46-01365-gc8b9a4c.tar and have tried also FRX07.1_Full_Bundle_20110901 (Startup: RAPH100) and modules-2.6.27.46-01356-gd4c73bd.tar

Parts of my daily work depends on the Wifi tethering function, and I don't want to use another Smartphone than the HTC Touch Po (1).

Can you - please - provide me a solution, which is made for noobs like me?

Regards, your petit prince

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1167324&page=75

Supermatt01

Nov 20, 2010
Surabaya
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I know this thread is very dead now, but I wanted to mention that this works on my old TP on a 64 gigabyte sd card. Only thing is the market and a few system apps load as disabled and can't be switched on. But it's cool to know that it will work from 64 gigabytes deep. Thanks for all your hard work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey folks,

This is a completely new build, with all the new changes baked in. We wanted to do a semi-official test release to collect bugs and hopefully do a formal official release with everything settled. The main pain point is the CSV files (see pre-install prep).

So a brief overview:

• New acoustic routing code baked in. Should fix most if not all audio routing problems, and will provide more debugging if stuff does go wrong. Also allows for more granular tweaking, see the CSV files.
    • GPS fixes for GB - GPS not only works in GB now, but it doesn't kill sleep! I was able to use GPS, get a solid lock, and put the device to sleep no problem.
    • BT should work & well with the new acoustic code. Post results.
    • RHOD users now have a choice of kernels. .35+ all have the new acoustic - so .35, .39, 3.0 and 3.1 are all fair game now... This is bundled with .27!!
    • Keep in mind, autobuild .27 kernels will produce no audio in this build... Obviously the bundled kernel will work, and the absolute newest .27 autobuild kernel does work now - Feb.27 2012 or newer.
    • rootfs tweaks - first, it will detect which kernel you're on (.27 or .35+) and automatically apply the correct firmware. Second, is it will always copy/extract the modules... failures there were getting annoying, and this is surefire if brute-force...
    • Few Easter egg apk's...
    • Probably a lot I'm forgetting, this might change ;)

Pre-Install Prep REQUIRED!!!

This step is crucial, and I forgot all about it! You must copy all of the *.CSV file from your WinMo ROM - these are in the \Windows\ directory. There's a very easy way to do this. It involves the Total Commander app for WinMo (Direct Link for the perpetually lazy...) (included in EnergyROM and others probably).

Now you're in Total Commander looking at your \Windows\ directory. Whew... lots of files. Fear not! Hit the "CTRL" button, then the green "Plus" button. This opens the Select/Unselect files dialog. Put in *.csv, press "select" and voila. All CSV files are selected. Now - File -> Copy/Move -> I want you to copy these (should be 10) files to the ROOT of your SD card. No folders!!! This is hardset right now, until we get it all implemented into the build properly. Thanks!

Install

Assuming you've done the pre-install prep; this is installed just like the other XDAndroid builds - grab your startup.txt (don't forget rel_path= if you don't have it at the root of the SD!), ts-calibration and boot!

Download
    Caveat List

• CDMA users might get a crash in phone.apk and no service on boot. If waiting doesn't resolve the issue, then reboot. Should come up fine...
    • BT might still be flaky
    • The CSV files from a RAPH100 are attached for the lazy. I'd like to gather CSV's from each RHOD, I'm curious if any ROM devs have changed them out either... This could get interesting. If you folks don't mind, post up your CSV's, point out differences with mine, etc... We're trying to figure out how to unify these, if possible! Thanks!
    Please post back any issues, enjoy!

GBX0C Changelog
    • Camcorder: Now works (tested on rhodium).
    • Acoustic: Bug-fix : correct random loss of dual(rear)-mic.
    • MMS: Bug-fix: Slides with zero duration on Sprint.
    • Gps: Bug-fix: Init/de-init sequence fix (correct gps not starting up after being unchecked in Settings).
    • Gps: Bug-fix: End gps session with a correct rpc call (relevant to amss6125 devices).
    • Gps: Bug-fix: Don't send delayed position requests after session has ended (possibly relevant to Navigation issues).
    • Gps: New feature: Xtra (aGPS) -> verified to work on rhodium/cdma raph.
    • X1 specific: Screen rotation patch.
    • Added tytung's GPS injector app to AndroidApps\Other as well as updating/cleaning up some apps in AndroidApps.
    • Modified rootfs for newest apsta firmware & wifi firmware - wifi tethering now works flawlessly in the newest kernels! .27 is still bundled for the record...
    I can also confirm the gsensor problem. Seems GB needs different values! I'll look into it.
    Missing Apps from the Market... (Raph800, etc...)

I believe I addressed this on the first page, but for those of you using the Raph800, not seeing google maps in the market, changing the DPI back to 240 in startup.txt has resolved the problem. After you've downloaded your apps, simply restart with it changed back to 210 :D It fixes the incompatible issue as well.

Now, any luck on the sound fix? I found using the kernels, roofts, and zimage from the GBX0B build with Froyo 7.1 disables the sound their as well. For me, I could hear the person on the other line, they could not however hear me. Ringer and alerts worked fine.
    I do VGA Htc Calibrate. :)

Its possible to edit build that boot without ts-calibration on sdcard?

Yes, I don't see why not. I assume the app can just write the values directly to ts-calib inside the system? I think it's in /data, but I need to look.