[Q] Restoring settings after installing Darklord rooted ROM

Search This thread

Harlock1978

Jun 8, 2013
To install the last Darklord rooted ROM you have to wipe everything.

To restore all the App (Viber conversation) and settings (Wifi pwd, email account, contacts. SMS...) is sufficient the Backup done with PC Companion or I have to do a Backup with a specific program?

Thanks

nlooooo

Oct 29, 2011
Nis

To restore all the App (Viber conversation) and settings (Wifi pwd, email account, contacts. SMS...) is sufficient the Backup done with PC Companion or I have to do a Backup with a specific program?

Thanks

You can try with native Backup & Restore app from Sony.

bsined

Mar 22, 2013
Washington, DC

Thanks

First of all, if you have a Google account, your Wi-Fi, contacts, and some other settings are already backed up to the cloud and will be restored automatically. SMS and app settings are different.

PC Companion backups are weird. I tried them a while ago - couldn't figure out how to restore. If you're so worried about particular apps, do a dirty install (wipe only /cache and Dalvik cache), then backup your SMS and all apps that you'd like using the new version of Sony's Backup & Restore app in 4.3. Then reboot back into recovery, wipe /data, /cache, and Dalvik cache, then install the ROM, then boot and do the basic setup. Once Android is finished restoring everything it could automatically, restore the backup from the Backup & Restore app. Just note that if you receive any SMSes before completing the restore, you'll lose them. Thus, it's best to put the phone into Airplane Mode and connect to Wi-Fi in order to complete the restoration.

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012

Thanks

I don't know about PC Companion, but I use Titanium Backup to backup/restore all apps, as well as bluetooth pairings, saved WiFi connections, user dictionaries, etc. It also backs up contacts, sms, system settings, etc., but I rather use Super SMS Backup and Restore for handling SMS and Call Logs, Google Account for handing contacts, and hardly ever restore system settings, which I don't recommend unless you're updating to the same OS version, otherwise you might get errors.

I've been doing this for the past 4 years, and have the exact same data with me that has gone through 3 different phones, so I know it's 100% reliable.

Harlock1978

Jun 8, 2013
I tried TiataniumBackup, but it doesn't work because my phone is not rooted.
Unfortunately I alreday did the update when Sony asked for it before discovering that is not possible to root 4.3.

Harlock1978

Jun 8, 2013
Helium doesn't work, because it want the phone set to PTP, but when I connect it to the computer it suddenly automatically change to MTP.

I use a Mac

Any suggestion?

Thanks