By irrenhaus, Member on 26th July 2009, 03:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st July 2009, 07:36 PM |#101  
Flag Minneapolis, MN US
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Lag observations
Version 7.

I found the less I used submenus, the faster everything goes. Everything on the phone, I mean, or at least what I do. I was running into system apps force close/wait pop ups, I think because I had too much running at once, and when I emptied my subdirectories, those things seemed to have subsided and lag has decreased. I've only been in this configuration for a few minutes.

I do think this is a fantastic and much-needed endeavor, but since it's really so fundamenal to the system (runs all the time, gets used a lot, gets used when people are in a hurry) and seems very complex, it's very ambitious.

So far I seem to be running well just having all my games (too many) in a folder, which cuts down on the app drawer clutter a lot, and one folder of less used shortcuts (settings for specific apps, volume tweaker), but if I start organizing too much more than that, things start to slow down and get buggy.

It's not worth its own post, but I'd love to be able to rename my subdirectories.

31st July 2009, 07:49 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Hi, I don't probe the last version but in the update 7 I can't create a shortcut if it is in a submenu. I have to do with add>add shortcut.
Br.
31st July 2009, 08:47 PM |#103  
Flag Minneapolis, MN US
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Tried using any zip from CM recovery 1.4, not signed?
I'll adb push it, but the update via recovery would be handy. (I got the "not signed" error again).

EDIT: In your adb push install instructions, the step to adb remount in order to install the first time (not the backup) is missing. I read through the whole thing, and basically hybrid-ized the two to get success. I think I got it this time.
31st July 2009, 09:03 PM |#104  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 0

More
My installation...
The best way that i have found to install this, without ADB is to download the .zip, unzip it, take Launcher.apk and put it on the root of my sdcard.
reboot my g1 into recovery (home+power)
drop to console (alt-x)
and type
Code:
mount system
mount sdcard
mv system/app/Launcher.apk system/app.Launcher.old (this is to backup the current Launcher)
mv sdcard/Launcher.apk system/app
reboot
I do it this way because i get boot loop if i do it through terminal emulator.

I like this! keep up the good work!
31st July 2009, 09:16 PM |#105  

More
im running a rogers rom and the launcher name is HTCLauncher.apk. ive tried renaming the advanced launcher to HTCLauncher.apk, and also just removing the htclauncher and only putting launcher.apk, with no luck. after rebooting, the phone hangs during bootup.

any ideas?

thanks!
31st July 2009, 09:16 PM |#106  
Flag Vancouver

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berish

im running a rogers rom and the launcher name is HTCLauncher.apk. ive tried renaming the advanced launcher to HTCLauncher.apk, and also just removing the htclauncher and only putting launcher.apk, with no luck. after rebooting, the phone hangs.

any ideas?

thanks!

check in your system/app if there is an HTCLauncher.odex... if there is, then this launcher won't work...
31st July 2009, 10:33 PM |#107  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Im getting acore FCs on version 8 when I try to open a folder. I tried it twice with the same result, anyone else? Corrupt download maybe?
31st July 2009, 10:47 PM |#108  
OP Member

More
Oh ****...
Yah I found the error I've made. Inserting a null pointer for the application intent into the database is a bad idea oO Let me some minutes to fix it and I will upload a new version.
Sorry about that, trying to fix all the things which came with it ^^

The drag and drop thing is still a todo entry.. so please be patient
31st July 2009, 10:52 PM |#109  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irrenhaus

Oh ****...
Yah I found the error I've made. Inserting a null pointer for the application intent into the database is a bad idea oO Let me some minutes to fix it and I will upload a new version.

No worries, just wanted to let you know, and I must say, I didnt get the big deal until I made some folders, now Im hooked! lol
31st July 2009, 11:16 PM |#110  
OP Member

More
I finally fixed it.
Hope that doesn't generate new bugs
1st August 2009, 12:09 AM |#111  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 232

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Oh ****...

v9 is confirmed working; no more FCs. You will need to delete and re-create any subfolders that you created with v8 though.

Quote:

No worries, I just didn't know if this was implemented yet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)