Hockey fans! The PowerPuck

Search This thread

BigCrisco39

May 2, 2011
Just made this prototype. Took apart my qi charger and cut a puck in half and carved out space for USB and the charging coil.

Who wants one? Jump Starter?
2ujujy6e.jpg
uvuzezud.jpg
7apereba.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

BigCrisco39

May 2, 2011
Just been working on it today. Now the puck has indicator lights. Red/Plugged in. Green/Charging.

Sent from my neXus⁴

sbreen94

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
Alright this is damn cool. Haha really awesome man!! :D:good: I'd definately get one if you are selling!

Last edited:

The_Blue_Bomber

Aug 21, 2011
I would like this. My dudes at Anaheim are taking the Cup this season.

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

Icculus760

Jun 7, 2010
That's awesome! I don't want to pay for one though. I'd totally pay for two or more!! I (Boston Bruins though:D). You still tweaking it? Can you make one without drawing blood? :D

BigCrisco39

May 2, 2011
I'm working on a way to mass produce them and get better charging. It's a little slow because it's charging through rubber.

I want to get a Team Canada Gold Medal edition and 2014 Pittsburgh Penguins Stanley Cup Champions.
:)

Sent from my neXus⁴

Reactions: leezrd

jonnyboy2212

Dec 23, 2010
I would like to have one!

I'm working on a way to mass produce them and get better charging. It's a little slow because it's charging through rubber.

I want to get a Team Canada Gold Medal edition and 2014 Pittsburgh Penguins Stanley Cup Champions.

Sent from my neXus⁴

If you solve the charging issue and one piece over to Germany ;)
My girlfriend loves ice hockey. (Eisbären Berlin) famous german hockey team.

Thanks
Jonas

ZooBaAr

Apr 30, 2011
Venus
Essential Phone
Google Pixel 7
Great stuff for us hockey nutz. did Kidgenius inspire you?
Would love to know what you cut the puck with and what coil you put in. I used kidgenius DIY thread to make one for myself but the puck mod would be cooler
ty.
Z

Last edited:

leezrd

Nov 18, 2010
charleston,sc usa

Sent from my neXus⁴

I would get one if had a penguins one.. We would have beat them at soldier field, but that was a game of outdoor gritty and not indoor skill

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: BigCrisco39

BigCrisco39

May 2, 2011
OK. I was able to fix the power of the charge. It now charges normal.
I am working on making these pucks but the manufacturer I got to mold the pucks for me won't be able to start for another month.
I am fine tuning the PowerPuck by making them for guys on my team and family members. I should have the final product to sell by playoffs.

Also, would anybody like colored pucks? I'm thinking pink pucks would be good for the lady fans out there.

Sent from my neXus⁴

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just made this prototype. Took apart my qi charger and cut a puck in half and carved out space for USB and the charging coil.

2ujujy6e.jpg
    uvuzezud.jpg
    7apereba.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I want one, for a friend that is. You accept pay pal?
    You cut your finger for making this?:eek:
    Be careful:p

Sent from my neXus⁴

Sent from my neXus⁴

I would get one if had a penguins one.. We would have beat them at soldier field, but that was a game of outdoor gritty and not indoor skill

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app