[Q] How to move on with building android from source?

Search This thread

CuriousUser

Feb 10, 2014
Hello, first of all, forgive me if I'm in the wrong forum section; I'm sorta new here, and this is my first topic.
Second of all, I'm not an experienced android programmer and I'm also a teenager, so sorry if I sound like a noob; dont expect me to know all that you guys suggest. Also I have some basic experience with Java coding. (sorry if this is all off-topic but just giving a heads-up and letting you know so that you can maybe change your answers a bit so I can understand)

But ANYWAY, what I'm trying to do this for is to eventually port cyanogenmod to my device.
I currently cannot post links because I'm new here; look up "building android from source", and it should say "Getting Started: building android from source" at the fifth link from the top (xda-university).
I'm stuck at "installing repo and syncing".

What url should I put in "URL to android manifest"? (And yes, I am using Terminal in an Ubuntu VM) And now that I think of it, it should be some link of cyanogenmod but my device isn't supported; no repository for my phone. Correct me if I'm wrong. If it helps, my phone is a Samsung Galaxy Admire 4G (SCH-R820).

Again, sorry if I sound like such a noob, it's probably because I am. :rolleyes:
Any help is appreciated, thanks!
EDIT: Sorry, just found out I was in the wrong forum section, can someone delete this thread or show me how to do so? thanks...

Last edited: