Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ManelScout4Life

Oct 18, 2006
Newark, NJ
untitled-22pjyp.png

untitled-11cbkj.png

AOSPA for legacy devices (non-nexus) is still in progress. Consider this build as a early preview.

Please do not answer questions that have been asked and answered before, just ignore/report them.

Removed
The gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip GAPPS!

You should use TWRP and always wipe system
and factory reset before flashing and cache/dalvik after!

shots_12pk0x.png

If you like my work, show me.

Last edited by a moderator:

ManelScout4Life

Oct 18, 2006
Newark, NJ

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png

BE WARNED, 4.2.0 is not the most bugless android, the issues are known.

FEATURES for 2.99,
  • Hybrid engine,
  • Per app Layout, this will let you choose the UI of any app, that means you can switch apps into their tablet layouts
  • Per app Size, scale apps individually, this is especially important if you use tablet apps, go as small or big as you like
  • Per app Color, this lets you select statusbar and navbar colors for apps individually, colors will shift when you jump from one app to another
  • Hybrid engine makes it possible to use any tablet ready app available on your phone, start with your regular Google apps and see what treasures lie hidden in them and just how well they work on your device.
  • You can use hybrid engine to use all available general interface UI's aswell: Phone, Phablet, Tablet. This is safe as milk, we don't change DPI, we don't trash your market, we don't shrink all your apps or force them into layouts, you don't need to edit system files for that.
  • Transparent bars and color pickers, new SystemUI drawables thanks to giannisgx89
  • Theming Engine
  • Statusbar Settings, Lockscreen Settings
  • Multiuser support
  • Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles
  • 4.2 Walls and sounds, Google stock apps
  • As we merge back our old CMPA feature catalogue this list will grow considerably over the coming weeks
  • New holo-styled theme chooser
  • T9 dialer
  • New papreferences app

DONATIONS,
to molesarecoming
to D4rKn3sSyS
to jaybob413
to aaronpoweruser

CREDITS,
AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid, AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past, heartfelt thanks to all of you!

LINKS,
Github: www.github.com/paranoidandroid
Gerrit: review.paranoid-rom.com

BANNERS,

aospa_green_01xq18.png

aospa_green_146qv9.png

aospa_yellow_0h0rxo.png

aospa_yellow_1ukoes.png

aospa_cyan_05kpwq.png

aospa_cyan_1bxo8t.png

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png

aospa_gray_1kwp32.png

ManelScout4Life

Oct 18, 2006
Newark, NJ
03/27 Changes:

Kernel video drivers updated
Notification LED stays on until you swipe away notification
(this works regardless of screen on/off)

03/26 Changes:

New PA Prefs 5.2!
Hybrid quick setting
Pop-up hybrid settings
Added last app pie button

Screenshot_2013-03-26-10-49-31.png

Paranoid Android said:
Statusupdate 24-25 March

This ones a bit bigger so lets just get to the point,

Pa-prefs gets a new pop-up/dialog based interface. It'll be way faster to navigate when you visit the app list.

A new toggle will show you hybrid properties for each foreground app. You tap it and it will open up the same pop-up again. This allows you to change stuff for apps faster than ever before. We've cut out some nonsense like that forceclose dialog.

Pa-prefs comes in holo dark, brings lots of stylechanges and refinements.

PIE wont freeze pixels on nex7 anymore, it will not cause choppy recents. These troubles were from Android but we've found a way to fix them, without checking hw-overlays.

Plus several bugfixes like always.

Last edited:

ainen

Aug 26, 2011
Re: UNOFFICIAL PARANOIDANDROID 2.99 (4.2.1) | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid m

YES! Thank you so much for this!

Last edited:
Reactions: terryxlee

Rocket42

Jul 22, 2011
Red Bluff, Ca
Re: UNOFFICIAL PARANOIDANDROID 2.99 (4.2.1) | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid m

Damn John. You're like the energizer bunny!!!!

EDIT: WHAT'S PIE?

Thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

cashyftw

Sep 11, 2010

Woo this is what I've been waiting for! Pie control!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Instagram: The_whitekanye
Twitter: The_whitekanye

Jayster0966

Oct 20, 2012
Orange County, CA
Hi folks!

I have run PA ROMS on my Captivate and Skyrocket before. Nice to see some development going on now for the GN2.

I do have to ask as well though, what exactly do you folks mean by "Pie Control" ?

Need to be informed and try this ROM soon.

Edit: For those that did not know as well, I guess this is a sample of pie control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gT5XOWU8u-o#!

WOW, I LIKE!

Last edited:

Rocket42

Jul 22, 2011
Red Bluff, Ca

I just fixed Pie Controls, re-uploading now.

If you don't know what they are google it

I just did but didn't find an explanation...hmmm
Found a silent video...bout it....looks cool

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL
Good stuff. Was about to start building this for you guys then this popped up :) Ill be building for the Sprint and Verizon GNotes.

EDIT: Oh and do you mind sharing what you did to get PIE controls? Just so I can add that in when I start building. Thanks.

Last edited:

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
what a sweet boot animation..landscape initial setup screen...wow!
very nice stuff man!

Yeah, I don't think I have the complete file either, even though it installed ok, it has no "development" under settings..

Last edited:

ainen

Aug 26, 2011

Is the new download link already there?

I don't believe it is yet. I just downloaded it again and it's the same size as when the link first went up. I'm sure he'll let us know when it's up.

Reactions: Careyst
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    untitled-22pjyp.png

untitled-11cbkj.png

AOSPA for legacy devices (non-nexus) is still in progress. Consider this build as a early preview.

Please do not answer questions that have been asked and answered before, just ignore/report them.

Removed
    The gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip GAPPS!

You should use TWRP and always wipe system
    and factory reset before flashing and cache/dalvik after!

shots_12pk0x.png

If you like my work, show me.

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png

BE WARNED, 4.2.0 is not the most bugless android, the issues are known.

FEATURES for 2.99,
    • Hybrid engine,
    • Per app Layout, this will let you choose the UI of any app, that means you can switch apps into their tablet layouts
    • Per app Size, scale apps individually, this is especially important if you use tablet apps, go as small or big as you like
    • Per app Color, this lets you select statusbar and navbar colors for apps individually, colors will shift when you jump from one app to another
    • Hybrid engine makes it possible to use any tablet ready app available on your phone, start with your regular Google apps and see what treasures lie hidden in them and just how well they work on your device.
    • You can use hybrid engine to use all available general interface UI's aswell: Phone, Phablet, Tablet. This is safe as milk, we don't change DPI, we don't trash your market, we don't shrink all your apps or force them into layouts, you don't need to edit system files for that.
    • Transparent bars and color pickers, new SystemUI drawables thanks to giannisgx89
    • Theming Engine
    • Statusbar Settings, Lockscreen Settings
    • Multiuser support
    • Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles
    • 4.2 Walls and sounds, Google stock apps
    • As we merge back our old CMPA feature catalogue this list will grow considerably over the coming weeks
    • New holo-styled theme chooser
    • T9 dialer
    • New papreferences app

DONATIONS,
    to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser

CREDITS,
    AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid, AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past, heartfelt thanks to all of you!

LINKS,
    Github: www.github.com/paranoidandroid
    Gerrit: review.paranoid-rom.com

BANNERS,

aospa_green_01xq18.png

aospa_green_146qv9.png

aospa_yellow_0h0rxo.png

aospa_yellow_1ukoes.png

aospa_cyan_05kpwq.png

aospa_cyan_1bxo8t.png

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png

aospa_gray_1kwp32.png

03/27 Changes:

Kernel video drivers updated
    Notification LED stays on until you swipe away notification
    (this works regardless of screen on/off)

03/26 Changes:

New PA Prefs 5.2!
    Hybrid quick setting
    Pop-up hybrid settings
    Added last app pie button

Screenshot_2013-03-26-10-49-31.png

Paranoid Android said:
    Statusupdate 24-25 March

This ones a bit bigger so lets just get to the point,

Pa-prefs gets a new pop-up/dialog based interface. It'll be way faster to navigate when you visit the app list.

A new toggle will show you hybrid properties for each foreground app. You tap it and it will open up the same pop-up again. This allows you to change stuff for apps faster than ever before. We've cut out some nonsense like that forceclose dialog.

Pa-prefs comes in holo dark, brings lots of stylechanges and refinements.

PIE wont freeze pixels on nex7 anymore, it will not cause choppy recents. These troubles were from Android but we've found a way to fix them, without checking hw-overlays.

Plus several bugfixes like always.

I'm going to try to make a new 4.2.2 build with video camera fixes real quick, if all goes well and I don't fall asleep you guys will have it within the next few hours.

Edit: There's tons of conflicts on some of CM's sources that I use for this build. This isn't happening tonight.
    ROM updated with newer PIE, didn't get around to changing stylus cursor

Use the newer GAPPs that are in the OP