Once you go G Flex you cant use any other phone.

Search This thread

Battleplan

Jun 4, 2014
Almost at two weeks of ownership and have been evaluating if I will be keeping the G Flex.

To begin, I wouldn't consider myself to be a hardcore phone junkie, but I like to upgrade every year or so, and my wife has always enjoyed my hand-me-downs. I don't root/flash ROMs, but that's primarily due to a fear of bricking my device, but I have considered doing so, particularly with my last phone (Note 2) primarily because of the absolutely RIDICULOUS amount of software bloat. I like Samsung, and the Note 2 was great, but holy cow....so much bloat!

Regarding the G Flex (on Sprint), I would like to try and dispel this recurring, rampant notion that the 720p screen is substandard. I just don't get it. I have shown my device to all of my friends and they are surprised when I tell them the screen is "only" 720p. The colors are vivid and the display is sharp. Video looks better on this device than on any other device I've used, which the curve definitely influences. Everyone who has watched video on the phone agrees...the curve, while subtle, definitely improves the viewing experience.

Speed is excellent. No slowdown or stuttering yet, but there is a weird effect when web-browsing sometimes...for a split second new pages will be very blurry (text in particular). Odd, and the only strange behavior I've noted thus far.

Keyboard is great. I used my Note 2 for over a year and CONSTANTLY had typos...even when I was trying to be careful. Capture is much better with G Flex and I need to correct far fewer mistakes. Back buttons are easy to use and are perfectly positioned, although are unwieldy to reach when I have the phone on a charging dock. Not a big deal by any stretch.

I absolutely LOVE the multitasking features. Clicking a link in an email will launch split screen, showing your email in the top half, and the other content (eg web browser) in the lower half. Why all devices don't automatically have this feature I'll never know.

Antenna strength seems comparable to my Note 2, or perhaps very slightly worse. Call quality is very good, earpiece volume is fine, and the speakerphone is sufficient for me.

Also, I have never had as many comments about a smartphone before as I have had with this. Multiple times in less than 2 weeks folks have said..."OMG...is your phone CURVED?" or something to that effect. It is, without question, a looker in the appearance department. The phone is dead sexy to look at...Samsung needs to take notes from LG's designs lately.

In all, I've been TRYING to find reasons to shoot down this device, but all in all, it is a great upgrade from my Note 2, although the lack of SD card capability was a drag. I have a couple more days to decide for sure, but thus far the only compelling reason I have to return it would be that LG devices don't hold their value like Apple/Samsung. I tend not to sell my devices though (my wife gets 'em when I upgrade), so thats not really an issue for me either.

Great stuff so far. And sorry for the long post..just trying to lend feedback for folks sitting on the fence.

P

podagee

I love my g flex but....
So far ive loved my device until about a few weeks ago...thats when it all started. Im running completely stock,no root, 4.4.2 and it runs great but ive been getting a signal reboot and data not connecting very often. Its a pain. I went to att and they seen no problems with the coverage or data. I been getting it daily now and it seems a phone reboot solves the problem. Its becoming a pain in my buns. And it sucks cause im stuck with this phone unless i pay it in full or warranty it. Other than that the phone is very awesome. No problems beside what ive mentioned. Will probably warranty my phone this coming week.

xqae24

May 22, 2014
Singapore
Hi, I have the G Flex for almost 2 weeks, and have been using it as my daily. After watching and reading the reviews online all the reviewers bashing it, already thinking its not a good phone I was skeptical about it before buying. Now after using this phone all i can say all the reviewers are getting paid by Samsung really well.
This phone is buy far the best and the most comfortable phone with biggest screen by far.
Faster and smoother then any phone in the market right now.
The screen is beautiful with HD screen all the apps are easier to use with one hand with this resolution compairing to full HD screens.
The UI on the G Flex is buy far the best and most castomisable with no hiccups.
Battery is the longest lasting of any phone.
Sound and speakers are very good.
Camera is also very good.
Does not get warm or hot when using it.
It has so many useful features like dubble tap to sleep or wake.
Swipe the navigation left and right to make it one hand use easier.
I have the Galaxy s4 now and when I try to use it. Its slow and in hand it feels like flat and dull.
The G Flexes Curve is so beautiful and comfortable after cuple of weeks that i cant never go back to any other phone.

I had all the top phones last year Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 5, Lg G 2, Htc One, Moto X and still have the Galazy s4 .
This is the best ,biggest, smoothest, fastest phone with a beautiful screen on the market right now. Don't trust the reviews, go buy it and use it, you will love it.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I'm not sure about not getting warm and hot. My G Flex gets all burning with me especially near the camera area especially when I'm playing intense graphics games. The uncommon resolution also makes it not available for many apps to run on, like themer.

Well other than that i think it's beast

Sent from my LG-D958 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I have the G Flex for almost 2 weeks, and have been using it as my daily. After watching and reading the reviews online all the reviewers bashing it, already thinking its not a good phone I was skeptical about it before buying. Now after using this phone all i can say all the reviewers are getting paid by Samsung really well.
    This phone is buy far the best and the most comfortable phone with biggest screen by far.
    Faster and smoother then any phone in the market right now.
    The screen is beautiful with HD screen all the apps are easier to use with one hand with this resolution compairing to full HD screens.
    The UI on the G Flex is buy far the best and most castomisable with no hiccups.
    Battery is the longest lasting of any phone.
    Sound and speakers are very good.
    Camera is also very good.
    Does not get warm or hot when using it.
    It has so many useful features like dubble tap to sleep or wake.
    Swipe the navigation left and right to make it one hand use easier.
    I have the Galaxy s4 now and when I try to use it. Its slow and in hand it feels like flat and dull.
    The G Flexes Curve is so beautiful and comfortable after cuple of weeks that i cant never go back to any other phone.

I had all the top phones last year Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 5, Lg G 2, Htc One, Moto X and still have the Galazy s4 .
    This is the best ,biggest, smoothest, fastest phone with a beautiful screen on the market right now. Don't trust the reviews, go buy it and use it, you will love it.

I've been saying this all along...if you buy a phone based on what reviewers have to say about it, you will miss out on alot of good things..

I came from a htc one max, another phone the reviewers hated, but that too was a fantastic phone, that everyone who had one agreed on.

Unfortunately it was on Sprint, and their network was just horrible in our area, so we went T-Mobile and couldnt be happier; I have a flex, and my wife/son have G2's, and we are all happy again..
    Can't Complain...

720p...is not a deal breaker in a screen. In fact, this phone wears it well. Battery life, well, no other phone compares to the G Flex. Feels good in the hand. Not embarrassing too talk on. Every TV in my house is a Sammy, my last 2 phones, Sammies...This LG Flex is a breath of fresh air.
    I love to flash ROMS...I don't miss doing so on the Flex, as long as I have ROOT.
    I can't complain...
    lots of people feel the same way..

Not every one will like every device, and, that's the beauty of CHOICE, especially Android!

If you don't like this phone, that's ok, there are plenty of others to choose from.

Personally, I think this phone is super sweet, has a beautiful screen, is fast as hell, with super battery life. Lots of unique features, IMO, and once we get custom recovery and a rom or 2, this thing will become super popular...but even if it doesn't, who cares, this isnt a popularity contest, and no matter what, its really unique and fun just the way it is right now.
    Imagine if Samsung and Apple made this same exact phone what would have happened. Everyone would be all over this and screaming that this is innovation. Thank you Lg that you made this beautiful LG G Flex.