FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Unlimited Data Users

473 posts
Thanks Meter: 68

By Bsmith0731, Senior Member on 30th May 2014, 05:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am a heavy data user on Verizon.

Either my Note 3 just has a horrible connection which I dont doubt that it deserves some of the blame or Verizon Throttles me.

I'm talking about 50-70 gig a month usually.

Does any other unlimited data users see their speeds below 1 mbps while connected 4G?

Its horrible.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

30th May 2014, 07:15 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 194

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsmith0731

I am a heavy data user on Verizon.

Either my Note 3 just has a horrible connection which I dont doubt that it deserves some of the blame or Verizon Throttles me.

I'm talking about 50-70 gig a month usually.

Does any other unlimited data users see their speeds below 1 mbps while connected 4G?

Its horrible.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Not on download, I did see it on upload the first few days of xlte.

But, my typical usage is 8 or so GB/month

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk
31st May 2014, 02:33 AM |#3  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 434

More
Doubt it's the Note but since I've been on the nc2 I notice I lose connection and speed. Look at the pic and see the red bars. Some days I have a bunch of them.Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1401500004534.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	2772192

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
31st May 2014, 02:42 AM |#4  
Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 379

More
I have not had a single problem with cell service since I switched to VZ years ago until just lately.

Lately, half the time I try to text I get a "no network connection" error (I have UL Data)

Today, I got cut off on a call smack in my home area and the phone said "you are out of your coverage area" WTF??
31st May 2014, 03:24 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 395

More
I have had more dropping 4G in the middle of my coverage area than ever with the note . My Rezound never dropped data .

31st May 2014, 04:23 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
It's gotta be a Samsung Verizon combo. I had the same horrible coverage with my Galaxy Nexus. I had a Note 2 on ATT and it was perfect.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
31st May 2014, 04:40 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
I'm currently using a note 2 with unlimited data and not seeing any problems .. I'm going to add a second line with a note 3 it's priced at $200 with 2/yr contract, could it be the nc2 build you guys are using? Has anybody tried the nc4 KK and had problems?

edit:

When I mean nc4 I mean this rom with nc4 modifed for note 3

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2760380

edit2:

have you flashed the nc4 modem?
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sam...dem-radio.html
31st May 2014, 12:36 PM |#8  
Flag New Berlinville
Thanks Meter: 1

More
my signal in and around my area has been below par for the last few months. My real problem has been when I leave the area (usually the county for some strange reason) everything was fine except for making calls. When i would push send it would tell me my number is either inactive or invalid. Battled for over a month with Verizon on the issue and called them out on several occasions about them "doing something funny" to my line because I have unlimited data. went through a few replacement devices and nothing changed. Finally told them it didnt matter any more because I was gonna go to AT&T and now I can call anywhere when I travel! On the other hand my service at home is below par now but still works.
The Following User Says Thank You to mo33ktm380 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mo33ktm380 Ad-Free
31st May 2014, 02:08 PM |#9  
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,274

More
I average around 40-45gb of data a month now without tethering and have never noticed any throttling or significant drop in speeds.
The Following User Says Thank You to airmaxx23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift airmaxx23 Ad-Free
31st May 2014, 04:59 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJM

I'm currently using a note 2 with unlimited data and not seeing any problems .. I'm going to add a second line with a note 3 it's priced at $200 with 2/yr contract, could it be the nc2 build you guys are using? Has anybody tried the nc4 KK and had problems?

edit:

When I mean nc4 I mean this rom with nc4 modifed for note 3

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2760380

edit2:

have you flashed the nc4 modem?
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sam...dem-radio.html

I tried nc2 and I'm now on nc4 neither have helped me much.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
31st May 2014, 06:05 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 188

More
For what its worth I had to go all the way back to the MJ7 radio. Both NC2 and MJE caused terrible drops and no service.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)