[ROM][4.4.2][Unofficial][CMB ROMs][P880][31/05/2014]

Search This thread

animus7

Oct 13, 2013
postingheader-web.png

Welcome to CMB Roms- CM done Better... Dark Themed for his/her Pleasure

Why CMB?
We are just better :), in a nutshell we set out to give you the best of CM, with none of the annoying features (see list below), all this wrapped in a custom black theme. We used the KISS principal when deciding what to offer, we based our frameworks on CM alone (not FrankenFrameworks like some others out there), enabling us to provide updates and bug fixes as soon as CM does. This doesn't mean we are only relying on them for development, it just eases merging.

Features
  • Based on Android 4.4.2_r1, CM11.0
  • All current features CM11.0
  • Customized Dark Holo Theme With Gray ActionBars
  • Dark Mms
  • Dark Calendar
  • Dark Contacts
  • Ramdisk security tweaks, you can adb as root now!
  • Bash "tab to complete"
  • Remount helper, in adb shell

Old
    Code:
    mount -o rw,remount /system
    New
    Code:
    remount /system
    Better Right?? :)
We plan to add more features, suggestions are welcome (but sometimes ignored :p)

Downloads

CMB ROMs Downloads:All builds

Gapps: click here

The Team
  • @nycbjr - Team Leader, creative mastermind, Maintainer, Hammerhead (Nexus 5), Co-maintainer V500 (GPad 8.3) Pollux (Xperia Tablet Z), Odin (Xperia ZL), N5110 (Note 8)
  • @Drgravy1 Dark master of Calendar - Maintainer - Mako (Nexus 4), Grouper (Nexus 7 2k12), Flo (Nexus 7 2k13), Co-maintainer V500
  • @otisbartleh - Theme/Dark Apps consultant
  • @termleech - Team Cheerleader :)

Credits
  • Google, wow is all I can say!
  • CyanogenMod we wouldn't be doing this if if weren't for them (even if they are for profit now hah).
  • PA for the basis of our Gapps package!
  • TeamBaked, learned allot maintaining for that team. Thanks Travis!
  • If you are left out and feel you should receive credit please PM or tweet us and we will include credit.
CMB ROMS Github
Github (P880-dev)
@cmbroms Twitter
Google +
#cmbroms IRC

Disclaimer: CMB Roms is not responsible for anything you do to your device, but we will do our best to assist

Last edited:

Adam77Root

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 3, 2012
Reactions: sPEADy and aria12
M

mackief

So those annoying features in the list below are included or not?

ADB as root is plain insecure.

Also, where's GPL compliance?
Please, mate, keep quiet and calm, everyone has his own chance to make a custom ROM, obviously following the right rules and licenses, even if it sells simple features and slightly away from the ROM on which it is based.
Let he make what he have possibility to do, without suggesting it is a mundane job, and leave this job to the moderators of the forum.

Not to attack you, but I saw in my old forums feuds arise from discussions like this. :)

laufersteppenwolf

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 1, 2012
Baden-Württemberg
droideveloper.com
Please, mate, keep quiet and calm, everyone has his own chance to make a custom ROM, obviously following the right rules and licenses, even if it sells simple features and slightly away from the ROM on which it is based.
Let he make what he have possibility to do, without suggesting it is a mundane job, and leave this job to the moderators of the forum.

Not to attack you, but I saw in my old forums feuds arise from discussions like this. :)

I do see your point, however, I have to agree with @Adam77Root.
adb as root is definitely not a security tweak, but a security leak ;) :D (It still has its advantages, though ;) I, for one, prefer having the ability to always run adb as root rather than having to call su before)

Also, @animus7, please post a link to the kernel source ASAP in order to be GPL compliant ;)

M

mackief

I do see your point, however, I have to agree with @Adam77Root.
adb as root is definitely not a security tweak, but a security leak ;) :D (It still has its advantages, though ;) I, for one, prefer having the ability to always run adb as root rather than having to call su before)

Also, @animus7, please post a link to the kernel source ASAP in order to be GPL compliant ;)

I definitively agree with you, mate!
These are only opinions though, no one forces you to use this kind of features or the whole ROM.

Will go out of the discussion, then :)

aria12

Jun 12, 2012
Working Properly Booting But Gplay is Not Working

And system can't read SD card.

Edit : the problem should be fixed after add this in platform.xml :
<group gid="media_rw" />
We had the same problem with beanstalk 2 mouth ago.
Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    postingheader-web.png

Welcome to CMB Roms- CM done Better... Dark Themed for his/her Pleasure

Why CMB?
    We are just better :), in a nutshell we set out to give you the best of CM, with none of the annoying features (see list below), all this wrapped in a custom black theme. We used the KISS principal when deciding what to offer, we based our frameworks on CM alone (not FrankenFrameworks like some others out there), enabling us to provide updates and bug fixes as soon as CM does. This doesn't mean we are only relying on them for development, it just eases merging.

Features
    • Based on Android 4.4.2_r1, CM11.0
    • All current features CM11.0
    • Customized Dark Holo Theme With Gray ActionBars
    • Dark Mms
    • Dark Calendar
    • Dark Contacts
    • Ramdisk security tweaks, you can adb as root now!
    • Bash "tab to complete"
    • Remount helper, in adb shell

Old
      Code:
      mount -o rw,remount /system
      New
      Code:
      remount /system
      Better Right?? :)
    We plan to add more features, suggestions are welcome (but sometimes ignored :p)

Downloads

CMB ROMs Downloads:All builds

Gapps: click here

The Team
    • @nycbjr - Team Leader, creative mastermind, Maintainer, Hammerhead (Nexus 5), Co-maintainer V500 (GPad 8.3) Pollux (Xperia Tablet Z), Odin (Xperia ZL), N5110 (Note 8)
    • @Drgravy1 Dark master of Calendar - Maintainer - Mako (Nexus 4), Grouper (Nexus 7 2k12), Flo (Nexus 7 2k13), Co-maintainer V500
    • @otisbartleh - Theme/Dark Apps consultant
    • @termleech - Team Cheerleader :)

Credits
    • Google, wow is all I can say!
    • CyanogenMod we wouldn't be doing this if if weren't for them (even if they are for profit now hah).
    • PA for the basis of our Gapps package!
    • TeamBaked, learned allot maintaining for that team. Thanks Travis!
    • If you are left out and feel you should receive credit please PM or tweet us and we will include credit.
    CMB ROMS Github
    Github (P880-dev)
    @cmbroms Twitter
    Google +
    #cmbroms IRC

Disclaimer: CMB Roms is not responsible for anything you do to your device, but we will do our best to assist
    We are just better :), in a nutshell we set out to give you the best of CM, with none of the annoying features (see list below)

So those annoying features in the list below are included or not?

Ramdisk security tweaks, you can adb as root now!

ADB as root is plain insecure.

Also, where's GPL compliance?