Universal Root de la Vega v0.5 [ Root without tripping KNOX or Malware! ]

Search This thread

jcespi2005

Feb 15, 2006
Madrid
OnePlus 9 Pro
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I dont think thats gonna be happening anytime soon.

My suggestion: use the phone for a month. If you dont encounter any issues, then it wont have any issues hardware-wise. Trip the knox. You wont have any reasons to go for warranty anyway.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Agree :)

Enviado desde mi SM-N9005 mediante Tapatalk

yake

Mar 3, 2008
I dont think thats gonna be happening anytime soon.

My suggestion: use the phone for a month. If you dont encounter any issues, then it wont have any issues hardware-wise. Trip the knox. You wont have any reasons to go for warranty anyway.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Please be careful with this thinking.
I bought a GS4 to my wife and it worked flawlessly for 45 days. After that, without any change to the phone, the wifi/bt module became defective and now I am spending half o the phone's price to replace it's motherboard because that module is soldered on the motherboard.
My recommendation is to use the phone for at least 3 months before thinking in make changes that could void the warranty.

Enviado de meu GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk

tilt4life2

May 21, 2008
OK, I'll answer some of these if I can... but only since you called me out for a thanks. Also because I want to hit 100 posts and get "Senior" lol

Thank you for this amazing and super helpful answer. I'm in the same boat as you and leaning towards keeping the Note 3 -- I will miss the custom roms, but that stylus pen is amazing. I'm going to read up on SafeStrap and trying to find a rom without all the AT&T and Samsung bloatware.

lion_sta

Jan 22, 2010
Chisinau

ajster1989

Feb 1, 2011
NYC

No problem, that what XDA is for ;)

Your gonna love wanam xposed too, just for the theming of stock roms.

Check mine out.

uploadfromtaptalk1395105451325.jpguploadfromtaptalk1395105467210.jpg

Sent from another Galaxy... Note 3

Gydeon

Feb 10, 2008
My attempt to root AP N9005XXUDMJ6, CP N9005XXUDMJ4 and CSC N9005VFGDMJ1 using the file searched from www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ with search-string "N9005VFGDMJ1" resulted in the Knox Warranty Void-flag being set to 0x1.

Initially couldn't get Cygwin to work with URDLV.sh, but apparently you have to run URDLV.sh from the current directory (./URDLV.sh), not from a referenced path.

SuperSU attempt to disable Knox when opening the SuperSU app succeeded however, so I'm (at this moment) not getting any Knox-notifications. Also haven't seen any flash-counter symbol, probably since I used the same AP/CSC to flash with.

megaretro

Dec 8, 2008
Hi guys, I just moved from an s3 with a custom rom to a brand new note 3 (n9005) and just getting my head around knox and if I can for now
just to be safe warranty wise, dont want to trip it just incase of possible return issues (if they arise)

Currently the phone is running 4.3 jb and build number mj6, baseband mj4.
could someone please advise the best method to getting root and if vega or kingo would work without tripping knox.

My aim for a while at least and as the phone is brand new is just to remove some bloatware and eventually load a custom rom, by that point
(in a few months) I wont mind tripping knox as the phone would have displayed any hardware issues by then.

I appreciate any advise, thanks.

sauron82

Jun 12, 2012
Toronto
Hi guys, I just moved from an s3 with a custom rom to a brand new note 3 (n9005) and just getting my head around knox and if I can for now
just to be safe warranty wise, dont want to trip it just incase of possible return issues (if they arise)

Currently the phone is running 4.3 jb and build number mj6, baseband mj4.
could someone please advise the best method to getting root and if vega or kingo would work without tripping knox.

My aim for a while at least and as the phone is brand new is just to remove some bloatware and eventually load a custom rom, by that point
(in a few months) I wont mind tripping knox as the phone would have displayed any hardware issues by then.

I appreciate any advise, thanks.

This is for everybody:

Your best bet is to do nothing until you're ready to trip Knox. Even if you follow all the instructions things can still go wrong. If you're gonna root, you must accept the possibility that Knox will trip even if you do everything right. My Knox tripped with URDLV on MI6 bootloader, which wasn't supposed to trip it, but hey, sometimes things go wrong.

I'm really tired of seeing all the (same) Knox questions on the boards. Either trip it or don't. If you're worried about tripping it, then you shouldn't be doing anything.

Click thanks if I helped you
Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: megaretro

jeanmauri90

Mar 4, 2012
Does this root work on the att gnote3 firmware n900aucubnb4 ????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ajster1989

Feb 1, 2011
NYC
Does this root work on the att gnote3 firmware n900aucubnb4 ????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I would say that if you ever updated from the origonal release firmware, or you have a new note that was updated already then you should be fine, but if you have the updated software then no Samsung was pretty quick to patch this.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4.4.2 has been patched, URDLV will NOT work!

Universal Root de la Vega v0.5
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.

Rooting Method By @designgears & Root App @Chainfire

What is Universal Root de la Vega?
    It is simply a script to create Root de la Vega for any device that has the necessary hooks. In its current state, it should be considered beta, the code is still very messy and may not work in some cases.

What devices are supported?
    Just about every Samsung device with KNOX! (Excluding Exynos based devices)
    Samsung has caught on and has started patching bootloaders, you can still root, but you will trip KNOX.
    If you are running MJ4, MJ7, MK1, MK2 or higher you can still root, but you will trip KNOX!

How to find your AP / CSC (PDA) versions:
    Dial *#1234#

Prerequisites
    Basic knowledge of how to use terminal and odin or heimdall (this is not a general support thread)
    Odin or Heimdall
    Firmware File (see next section)
    Linux: p7zip
    Windows: Cygwin

How to find your stock firmware:
    Go to SamMobile and enter your device CSC in the in the black bar search field. (Free account required to download)
    If you cannot find it there, try Google, not my inbox
    After you have downloaded your firmware, make sure unzip it down to the odin tar/tar.md5/exe.

SM-N900V SM-N900A

How to use Universal Root de la Vega:
    Open a terminal to the directory containing URDLV.sh (not windows command prompt)
    Code:
    [B]Usage:[/B] ./URDLV.sh [full|csc] [stock firmware file path]
    [B]Example:[/B] ./URDLV.sh csc F:\N900PVPUBMI3_N900PSPTBMI3_SPR.tar.md5
    [B]Example:[/B] ./URDLV.sh full F:\OneClick_I537UCUBMI2.exe

full = AP and CSC [I](Creates a single file with both AP and CSC, no bootloaders, modems, etc.)[/I]
    csc = CSC only

[stock firmware file path] - needs to be the full file path!
    Drag and drop the file into the terminal window to get the full path.

What file types does Universal Root de la Vega support?
    tar, tar.md5
    exe (odin oneclick, thanks to exodin)

What's with the license?
    To many kangers on XDA these days... If you don't like it, you can GTFO. :cool:

Where can I download it?

By downloading Universal Root de la Vega you agree to the license above and you agree not to distribute files created with Universal Root de la Vega.

Universal-RDLV_v0.5.7z (1 MB)
    MD5: 465f08e6d57eccdb4a29fbd5f7560a6b

root_de_la_vega_sdcard.7z (1.3 MB)
    MD5: 3d1d592b397d7b829d86045d9ac40731

Donations are greatly appreciated, not required!
    If you would like to donate, head over here.

If you haven't already, pick up a copy of SuperSU Pro to support @Chainfire! Well worth the money!
    Basic Rooting Instructions
    1. Use Universal Root de la Vega to create a custom firmware (See Post #1)
    2. Boot into bootloader mode
    3. Open Odin or Heimdall and plug your USB cable into your computer and phone
    4. Use Odin or Heimdall to flash the firmware created in step #1
    5. Let your device fully boot after flashing has completed
    6. Copy the contents of root_de_la_vega_sdcard.7z to the root of the internal storage
    7. Reboot (very important!)
    8. After fully booting delete the files from the internal storage that were added previously
    9. Reboot (extremely important!)

Question & Answer

"Root de la Vega" What kind of name is that?
    It's named after Ralph de la Vega, CEO of AT&T Mobility.

Can I flash custom recovery/kernel without tripping KNOX flags?
    No.

Will this set a tripped KNOX flag 0x1 back to 0x0?
    No.

Will root survive a factory reset?
    Yes, it does.

Do I need to fully wipe my phone when rooting?
    Not always, most cases it should be fine, but sometimes you get lots of forces closes, the only way to fix it is to flash your csc and let it wipe.

Can I unroot?
    Yes, use SuperSU full unroot option or flash stock.

I am getting Force Closes after flashing, how can I fix it?
    Make sure you are flashing the cache(csc) and system(ap) file!
    Working on an update guys, please chillax.

Restoring the links to the current version.
    Can you, please, write a more detailed instruction?
    Especially the cygwin part?

Prepare :
    1/ download the MK2 firmware and save it into c:\temp - and extract it to c:\temp\MK2_stock
    2/ download the URDLV script and extract it to c:\temp\Universal-RDLV_v0.5
    3/ Extract the file c:\temp\MK2_stock\N9005XXUDMK2_N9005OXXDMK3_N9005XXUDMJ7_HOME.tar.md5 to c:\temp\MK2_stock
    4/ MOVE the file c:\temp\MK2_stock\N9005XXUDMK2_N9005OXXDMK3_N9005XXUDMJ7_HOME.tar.md5 to c:\temp\Universal-RDLV_v0.5
    5/ delete the files c:\temp\MK2_stock\aboot.mbn AND c:\temp\MK2_stock\cache.img.ext4
    6/ Create a folder called output in the folder c:\temp\Universal-RDLV_v0.5
    7/ download/save the URDLV rooting file in c:\temp\ and extract it to c:\temp\root_de_la_vega_sdcard

Follow the below steps on cygwin after doing the above :

In green is your computer name, in DarkOrange is the terminal current path ( = where you are currently located on your disk)
    in Red is what you need to type
    in Blue is what the URDLV script will display on your screen. There is nothing to do during this step exept waiting.

ComputerName ~
    $ cd c:

ComputerName /cygdrive/c
    $ cd temp

ComputerName /cygdrive/c/temp
    $ cd Universal-RDLV_v0.5

ComputerName /cygdrive/c/temp/Universal-RDLV_v0.5

$ ./URDLV.sh full N9005XXUDMK2_N9005OXXDMK3_N9005XXUDMJ7_HOME.tar.md5

================================================================================
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons
    Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
    http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/us
    ================================================================================

Universal Root de la Vega v0.5 -- By DesignGears

DO NOT DISTRIBUTE FILES CREATED WITH UNIVERSAL ROOT DE LA VEGA

Mode: full
    Filename: N9005XXUDMK2_N9005OXXDMK3_N9005XXUDMJ7_HOME
    Extension: md5

Extracting Firmware...
    Hooking System Image...
    -Verifying System Hook...
    --System Hook Found!

Creating Odin Flashable Tar...

Do NOT Rename The Odin Flashable Tar!

$

No need to close cygwin.

With Windows Explorer, go to c:\temp\Universal-RDLV_v0.5\output
    Extract the file N9005XXUDMK2_N9005OXXDMK3_N9005XXUDMJ7_HOME_VEGA.tar.md5 to c:\temp\Universal-RDLV_v0.5\N9005XXUDMK2_N9005OXXDMK3_N9005XXUDMJ7_HOME_VEGA.tar
    Go to the folder c:\temp\Universal-RDLV_v0.5\N9005XXUDMK2_N9005OXXDMK3_N9005XXUDMJ7_HOME_VEGA.tar
    Move the files cache.img.ext4 AND system.img.ext4 to c:\temp\MK2_stock

Go back to cygwin

$ cd c:temp/MK2_stock

ComputerName /cygdrive/c/temp/MK2_stock
    $ tar -H ustar -c boot.img modem.bin rpm.mbn system.img.ext4 cache.img.ext4 NON-HLOS.bin sbl1.mbn tz.mbn hidden.img.ext4 recovery.img sdi.mbn > MK2VEGA.tar

$ md5sum -t MK2VEGA.tar >> MK2VEGA.tar

$ mv MK2VEGA.tar MK2VEGA.tar.md5

$

Put your phone in download mode (vol down + home button + power button at the same time and then Vol up to confirm on screen instruction)
    Open Odin
    Plug your phone through USB, ODIN detects it.
    In odin, put in the AP field, the file c:\temp\MK2_stock\MK2VEGA.tar.md5
    Click Start.

When the phone reboots, in windows explorer, go to c:\temp\root_de_la_vega_sdcard and copy the folder root_files AND the file root_de_la_vega.sh to your phone.
    Reboot the phone.
    When it is started, delete the previously copied files from your phone.
    Reboot the phone.

Done

Hope this helps - if so don't forget to click the "Thank You" button
    I haven't forgotten about this, still working on a new version, however, the PS4 has slowed me down a lot ;)