[request]remove ATT carrier logo from stock ICS notification bar.

Search This thread

itiskonrad

Dec 5, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hmm, according to the status bar xml, it should be showing the carrier on your phone... I'll have to explore it a bit more, see if I can find the setting somewhere... Any ideas?

megaghostgamer

Nov 19, 2011
Hmm, according to the status bar xml, it should be showing the carrier on your phone... I'll have to explore it a bit more, see if I can find the setting somewhere... Any ideas?

It shows the carrier when I pull down the notification bar at the bottom but I want the one in the top left and I wouldn't know

Sent from my VS920 4G using xda premium

KronicSkillz

Jan 30, 2013
LG G8
Is it possible to remove the toggles area as well?

you can remove almost anything from any system app but i'm not sure what you are talking about do u want to remove quicksettings from status_bar_expanded.xml?

if so it's easy

SystemUI.apk/res/layout/status_bar_expanded.xml

find this line:
<include layout="@layout/quicksetting" />
erase it, that should do the trick.

i told you guys you can ask me questions on my tutorial thread :p

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2362717 i check this thread for questions i don't come here much tho

anytime u see <include layout="@layout/xxxxxx
the xxxxxx is the layout file it's calling, so u can either remove that or go to that layout, and remove specific items from it and keep others.

for instance in quicksetting.xml we find

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<merge android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content"
xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
<FrameLayout android:id="@id/quicksetting_expanded" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content">
<com.lge.systemui.ArrowHorizontalScrollView android:eek:rientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/quicksettings_container" android:background="@drawable/status_bar_background" android:scrollbars="none" android:clipChildren="false" android:clipToPadding="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:divider="@null">
<LinearLayout android:gravity="center_vertical" android:id="@id/quicksettings_page" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
</com.lge.systemui.ArrowHorizontalScrollView>
<ImageView android:layout_gravity="left" android:id="@id/arrow_left" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/indi_noti_visual_cue_left" />
<ImageView android:layout_gravity="right" android:id="@id/arrow_right" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/indi_noti_visual_cue_right" />
</FrameLayout>
</merge>

the 2 imageviews are the arrows at the left and ride side of the panel, the com.lge.systemui.xxxxetc is a call to a smali file in /com/lge/systemui/arrowhorizontalscrollview/

so for this instance to change things inside the smali is much harder

however if u understand the code u can use this layout to change the height of the panel (layout_height) however sometimes this can cause problems in a multi xml layout, if its not on wrap_content which will wrap multiple layouts or items, while fill_parent will fill the layout (usually the size of the screen or frame an item is in)

also if you look closer you will see that the smali code references an id called "quicksettings_page" sometimes this can be used to find another xml that will do more edits, other times smali references will accept textview arguments like this.

<com.xxxx.xxxxx.xxx>
<textview android:textColor="ff2686ff" />
</com.xxxx.xxxxx.xxx>

so they are purposely leaving a way for you to edit the output text color without having to edit smali code.

if u play with layouts you will figure it out pretty fast its mostly common sense. if u have questions u can pm me, i'm not an expert but i can usually figure it out, when i'm not sure i ask a guy called @Ticklefish

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

I almost forgot the original reason i came here.

the original question.

systemui.apk/res/layout/status_bar.xml

find a line that calls "carrierlabel" or somethign like that.

it's usually a smali reference <com.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcarrierlabelxx

something like this

<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.CarrierLabel android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:gravity="left|center" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />

sometimes removing it can cause problems and it can be hard to remember the line and put it back if u need to, so most people use this arguement.

<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.CarrierLabel android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:visibility="gone" android:gravity="left|center" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />

if you add that and make sure there is a space on both sides it should remove carrierlabel.

decided to open a q & a thread for systemUI/framework-res and lockscreen.apk

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

It shows the carrier when I pull down the notification bar at the bottom but I want the one in the top left and I wouldn't know

Sent from my VS920 4G using xda premium

read my above post if u want to add it i'll post the exact line for you to add and tell you where.

ADD to /SystemUI.apk/res/layout/status_bar.xml

Code:
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.CarrierLabel android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:gravity="left|center" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />

i don't think it really matters where it goes as long as its inside the first linearlayout with gravity left, try it and if its in the wrong spot we can tinker, the cetner there is center vertical, the left is horizontal.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts