Thanks Meter: 2,051

By ultrashot, Inactive Recognized Developer on 28th February 2012, 02:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th December 2012, 08:40 PM |#131  
Thanks Meter: 367

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by herlek

Thanks, ultrashot. Very nice job. Was giving some problems with the connection but with installing windows Phone device manager it made connection.

Hi herlek. I reported the same behaviour in older Native Debugger thread. By my search it is problem of any custom ROMs. It is soluted, when I start use WPConnect (part of WP 7.1 SDK) instead Zune and rewrite any Registry values to older custom ROMs (especially old DFT based, see http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hp?t=1336137#5 etc.). Confirmed on all ROMs which I tested and all PCs (with installed, uninstalled and noninstalled WPDM too). Only WiFi tethering cause connection lost now. WMDC + VS 2008 Remote Tools + Ultrashot and WINCOs tools have more complex functionality, then WPDM, which sometime abuses too much PC sources. M.

17th January 2013, 05:13 AM |#132  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Surprised so many people have this just work out of the box. I have Dynamics 2.0 (WP7.8) rom on my HD7, WP7RootTools installed, root access granted. The farthest I've gotten is "error" in WMDC, this is also the most recent error. If it means anything I am running this on Windows 8, and Zune is running. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit - If anyone knows how to get rid of the donate to me under my user name that'd be awesome too. Too lazy to do find it myself :P
17th January 2013, 06:11 AM |#133  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
St.Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 2,051

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesKroll

Surprised so many people have this just work out of the box. I have Dynamics 2.0 (WP7.8) rom on my HD7, WP7RootTools installed, root access granted. The farthest I've gotten is "error" in WMDC, this is also the most recent error. If it means anything I am running this on Windows 8, and Zune is running. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit - If anyone knows how to get rid of the donate to me under my user name that'd be awesome too. Too lazy to do find it myself :P

"Error" in WMDC on PC doesn't mean anything at all since all works. Error on device is another thing.
13th March 2013, 05:36 PM |#134  
Thanks Meter: 367

More
I installed .Net 4.5 on PC and debugging stops working totally. edm2p.exe is not launched in device now from PC. Deploying or running without debugging is OK from Visual studio. I search solution still.

EDIT:

First help - probably one only possibility is renamimg edm2p.exe to edm2.exe and copying it to desktop VS2008 [VS2010 if installed] Debug Armv4i subdirectory.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
debugging, file manager for windows phone 7, rapi, wmdc, wp7

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)