By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 11:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st May 2017, 02:07 PM |#2111  
Flag Milford, PA
Thanks Meter: 663

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by non-toxic

BTW: Is it possible to find (or get) a manual for "Lux Auto Brightness" app?
Or is it learning by doing?

Disregard my last comment. The built in guide and settings wizard are great!

23rd May 2017, 09:28 PM |#2112  
Flag Milford, PA
Thanks Meter: 663

More
Annnnd... I'm back. A couple questions, please.

1) Does Lux function by actually dimming the LED backlight, or does it simply shutter the pixels to limit the transmission of light?

2) Is there an easier way to toggle overly on/off when there's a conflict where Lux interferes with an app? I'm asking because the 'overlay' permission is becoming quite the hassle. For example, I fired up Endomondo for the first time on my HTC 10 and needed to grand permission for location, but had to amp up the brightness on the screen to see it in full daylight - so I had to get back into the car to be able to see the screen. Is this a case where once we disallow the overly, change permissions for any given app and then re-enable the overly the settings will persist?

Is there a workaround that will make this less painless?
10th June 2017, 04:29 PM |#2113  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Hi Vito,

I wanted to let you know that Lux crashes and stops immediately upon launch with Android O beta 3 released 2 days ago. It worked fine with the previous 2 betas of Android O.

This is with my Nexus 6P.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dcrandon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dcrandon Ad-Free
23rd June 2017, 12:19 PM |#2114  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello,
I've used the app for a long time on s4 and then p9lite, but since the upgrade to emui 5.0 and android 7.0 lux keeps turning itself off and on, is there any solution for that?
4th July 2017, 11:33 AM |#2115  
Flag Gloucester, MA
Thanks Meter: 46

Donate to Me
More
I know I can add apps to the Sleep List to prevent the overlay warning and put Lux temporarily to sleep. This works well except for that I do not know which app to add for the permission pop-ups that also triggers the overlay warning. Anyone know?
7th August 2017, 06:32 PM |#2116  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 410

More
For some reason, with Lux installed, any time I reboot my phone, as soon as the phone starts up the "Draw over other apps" settings screen pops up when I unlock my device. If I uninstall Lux, I do not have this problem. Anyone else having this issue? I'm using a OnePlus 5
8th August 2017, 11:30 AM |#2117  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 123

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillTheCat

Annnnd... I'm back. A couple questions, please.

1) Does Lux function by actually dimming the LED backlight, or does it simply shutter the pixels to limit the transmission of light?

2) Is there an easier way to toggle overly on/off when there's a conflict where Lux interferes with an app? I'm asking because the 'overlay' permission is becoming quite the hassle. For example, I fired up Endomondo for the first time on my HTC 10 and needed to grand permission for location, but had to amp up the brightness on the screen to see it in full daylight - so I had to get back into the car to be able to see the screen. Is this a case where once we disallow the overly, change permissions for any given app and then re-enable the overly the settings will persist?

Is there a workaround that will make this less painless?

1. It uses an overlay unless you root and use KCAL support or CF.lumen integration. See in the advanced settings.

2. If using the root methods, there's no overlay interference as it doesn't exist as explained before. Also the night mode and performance is greatly improved when using CF.lumen integration. Here's it's thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2711912
8th August 2017, 09:54 PM |#2118  

More
I've given up on Lux. It has not been updated in over a year, so I don't think the developer cares anymore. Plus, it's broken in Android o beta 8.0. So it's not likely to work after everybody upgrades anyway
10th August 2017, 05:42 PM |#2119  
Houston
Thanks Meter: 811

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrandon

I've given up on Lux. It has not been updated in over a year, so I don't think the developer cares anymore. Plus, it's broken in Android o beta 8.0. So it's not likely to work after everybody upgrades anyway

Why fix what isn't broken, it's been working fine for me since KK across two phones. There's no "write a goodbye post on xda" prompt before it let's you uninstall so I don't see why you felt the need to make this useless post.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs
11th August 2017, 07:32 AM |#2120  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakuu

Why fix what isn't broken, it's been working fine for me since KK across two phones. There's no "write a goodbye post on xda" prompt before it let's you uninstall so I don't see why you felt the need to make this useless post.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs

Well, Rakuu, you're sort of a jerk huh?

Anyway....since the developer hasn't replied to anything in a long, long time, and, as I just told you it's broken in Android O, I suggest you stick with Android 7 and never upgrade again, unless the developer does. To bad you'll be left out in the cold in about 2 months.
11th August 2017, 08:56 AM |#2121  
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrandon

Well, Rakuu, you're sort of a jerk huh?

Anyway....since the developer hasn't replied to anything in a long, long time, and, as I just told you it's broken in Android O, I suggest you stick with Android 7 and never upgrade again, unless the developer does. To bad you'll be left out in the cold in about 2 months.

calm down everyone..
I spoke to the Dev not too too long ago and the app is still being developed though at a much slower pace.
I'm sure something will turn up before or shortly after O is officially released.
To adapt something to work on an android O preview beta is not really a priority I imagine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)