Zaggfolio Review W/PICS!!!!!!

Search This thread

Jake-CT

Jul 27, 2011
Great pictures - would it be possible to say how much it weighs without the tab inside?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

sudhirkhanger

Jun 29, 2010
huh? not sure what you mean by that bro. its a case all in itself. you have to slide the tab in the case and you can take it back out if ya want to. the keyboard also comes out if you need to take it out. its just like any other case but it has an awesome keyboard.

I thought it was just a keyboard and tablet fits over it. I guess it's a full case with keyboard. Sweet. I will wait for a deal as 100 is just too expensive.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

How do you charge the tab with this case? Do you have to remove it?

Samsung has put both ear phone jack and charging cable at weird places. I would rather have it on side. I rarely use my tablet in vertical position.

johnnyvol

Apr 26, 2011
I thought it was just a keyboard and tablet fits over it. I guess it's a full case with keyboard. Sweet. I will wait for a deal as 100 is just too expensive.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Samsung has put both ear phone jack and charging cable at weird places. I would rather have it on side. I rarely use my tablet in vertical position.

The placement of the charging port has really been my only gripe so far with the tab. I've had a few tablets over the last year and I hardly ever use one in portrait. With the port on the bottom in landscape I just don't see how I could charge and use at the same time.

Quite often I would use my ipad and charge it simultaneously while in landscape. I'll work around it though with the galaxy. Awesome tablet with Task's ROM.

sudhirkhanger

Jun 29, 2010
Originally Posted by donniezazen

The placement of the charging port has really been my only gripe so far with the tab. I've had a few tablets over the last year and I hardly ever use one in portrait. With the port on the bottom in landscape I just don't see how I could charge and use at the same time.

Quite often I would use my ipad and charge it simultaneously while in landscape. I'll work around it though with the galaxy. Awesome tablet with Task's ROM.

Some apps like netflix work only in landscape and thumb keyboard is super easy to use. The only days when I have to charge and use the tablet is when I watch netflix all day otherwise battery works all day for me.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

Evan2ac

Sep 18, 2011
This is an interesting product but ultimately its a failure.

The problem is the MASSIVE brick behind the keyboard. This is just a bluetooth keyboard and they needed to add such a massive brick in the back of it??? and dont even start with "the battery is in there" because that is false. Even a tiny battery that can fit inside that keyboard would run bluetooth all day.

You may as well carry around a slim laptop.

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
This is an interesting product but ultimately its a failure.

The problem is the MASSIVE brick behind the keyboard. This is just a bluetooth keyboard and they needed to add such a massive brick in the back of it??? and dont even start with "the battery is in there" because that is false. Even a tiny battery that can fit inside that keyboard would run bluetooth all day.

You may as well carry around a slim laptop.

I have to disagree with this being a failure. Far from it bro. Slim laptop? What slim laptop will run android? None. So I think ill have to stick to this.

Evan2ac

Sep 18, 2011
I have to disagree with this being a failure. Far from it bro. Slim laptop? What slim laptop will run android? None. So I think ill have to stick to this.
and that is a GOOD thing. Windows OS is ridiculously superior to Android. You cant even print from android without a headache...

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
and that is a GOOD thing. Windows OS is ridiculously superior to Android. You cant even print from android without a headache...

You don't know what you're talking about. You are very ignorant, uneducated and probably don't own anything Android. Download one app and press print. You have know clue dude. Suck it again 5th element. You're a second away from another ban.

used2hvatreo

Jun 26, 2008
Houston

WTF? why are you even in this thread then? why don't you go buy a windows tablet and be done with it?

@Task,

I'm gonna be grabbing one tomorrow I think, I have the clip case too, but having a keyboard case makes this thing 1000x better than a windows laptop.

-- Sent from my laptop computer at my office by me with a tag at the bottom that apparently pisses of 5thelement

slamorte

Dec 28, 2007
I'd pay the $100 dollars for the ZaggFolio if it wasn't for the ugly checkered print case.

Tivo7

Sep 12, 2011
SystemUI.apk
Yeah i know how ya feel bro, im not much for the carbon fiber print either. But its growing on me just because the keyboard is awesome.

The keyboard is going to change the way you see carbon fiber...you're gonna want to start putting carbon fiber on everything thinking it will give you the same "goodness" that the keyboard does.

slamorte

Dec 28, 2007
OK - I'm going to eat my words about the ugly pattern - it's not as bad in real life - I just picked one up at Best Buy. The keyboard works great, but I've got a couple of gripes that might force me to return it...

1. I could barely squeeze the tab into the case! It took A LOT of force to get it in and twice as much to get it back out. Unless there's some trick to sliding it in, this could be a major problem

2. The case covers the volume rocker completely!! The keyboard does have volume control keys, but I don't plan to have bluetooth on at all times. Even if I did, I'd have to open the case and use the keyboard keys to control the volume. Boo

3. The charging port is inaccessible! This is a huge problem given my stated problem numbers 1 and 2

I'm really impressed by a fully covered tab with a keyboard (unlike the Logitech), but I'm not sure I can overlook the problems. Boo

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
OK - I'm going to eat my words about the ugly pattern - it's not as bad in real life - I just picked one up at Best Buy. The keyboard works great, but I've got a couple of gripes that might force me to return it...

1. I could barely squeeze the tab into the case! It took A LOT of force to get it in and twice as much to get it back out. Unless there's some trick to sliding it in, this could be a major problem

2. The case covers the volume rocker completely!! The keyboard does have volume control keys, but I don't plan to have bluetooth on at all times. Even if I did, I'd have to open the case and use the keyboard keys to control the volume. Boo

3. The charging port is inaccessible! This is a huge problem given my stated problem numbers 1 and 2

I'm really impressed by a fully covered tab with a keyboard (unlike the Logitech), but I'm not sure I can overlook the problems. Boo

i had the same issue with it being too tight but it loosened a little and now its easy to get in and out of the case. the volume rockers are not covered. if they are on yours you should get a different one because im using mine right now. the keyboard DOES have volume controls bro. look at the top right of the keyboard, theres vloume up, volume down, mute, play/pause, stop, ff,rw. everything you need to control media. It sounds liike you got a different keyboard.

Reactions: ZenDood

slamorte

Dec 28, 2007
Just Googled a bit more and found the issue. I have a Verizon Galaxy Tab - apparently the power and volume rocker is in a different place on the Verizon models. The rocker is on the left short side of the tablet (when the camera is on top).

task650 - I know the keyboard does have volume buttons, but I'd still rather the rocker be exposed. Did the case just loosen up over time, or did you play around with it?

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Just Googled a bit more and found the issue. I have a Verizon Galaxy Tab - apparently the power and volume rocker is in a different place on the Verizon models. The rocker is on the left short side of the tablet (when the camera is on top).

task650 - I know the keyboard does have volume buttons, but I'd still rather the rocker be exposed. Did the case just loosen up over time, or did you play around with it?

I kept having to take it out and put it back in and over time it just got easier.

slamorte

Dec 28, 2007
I've taken it in and out a few times - it scratched the paint off a little on one of the top corners - very disappointing.

The keyboard does work well though. I'm considering just taking the keyboard out of the case and tossing it in my bag to use.

hoodoomagic

Jun 25, 2010
Does anyone else have problems with the music controls? I'm using google music beta and whenever I try to pause/play/stop etc using the keyboard I get an error message saying that the file isn't supported for playback for some reason.

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Does anyone else have problems with the music controls? I'm using google music beta and whenever I try to pause/play/stop etc using the keyboard I get an error message saying that the file isn't supported for playback for some reason.

Its the file. Not the keyboard. I had it happen so I deleted the mp3 and downloaded a different copy and it works fine now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So the reason Im doing a review for this case is because i saw another review without them. Gotta have pictures to make a review a review ya know. So here it is. Im doing this from my car so I'll add more pics when I can actually get home.

-Its really well made and has a nice feel to the case.
    -It doesn't add too much bulk
    -The keyboard is really nice and doesn't lag at all with no problems connecting
    -Price of this case is $99.99. Kind of spendy but i think it's worth it.

-Zaggfolio Keyboard Case-
    IMG_20110918_201501.jpg

IMG_20110918_213234.jpg

IMG_20110918_203049.jpg

IMG_20110918_204156.jpg

IMG_20110918_213117.jpg
    yes, i have the same problem bro. but i'm goig to try and remedy that issue today. ill let ya know how it goes and tell you how to do it if it works.

Figured out how to keep the case closed. when you close it you can feel it clip closed but what you have to do is push down on the tab to lock it in. it actually stays closed really firmly now.
    Price?

Sent from my Galaxy Tab!

Its kinda spendy but worth it in my opinion. Its $99.99.
    thanks for the review! i'm on the edge between this one and this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005F0X6Z6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A2ZATBG5IJYVW5

any opinions?

also, would it be possible to post a nice clear photo of the entire keyboard? :]

i would go with the zagg, ive tried the other one and it sucks in my opinion. the first picture in the op is about as clear as it can get bro.
    Does your clip stay locked? For some reason, mine keeps popping open. I saw this in another review where it wouldn't stay clipped. Other than that, the keyboard is AWESOME. Its very sturdy, spaced correctly and it feels like I'm using a nice laptop keyboard. I just hate that it doesn't stay clipped.

yes, i have the same problem bro. but i'm goig to try and remedy that issue today. ill let ya know how it goes and tell you how to do it if it works.