FC09 direct google link.

Search This thread

mkasick

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 10, 2009
So true about the hellish nightmare that would be sprint support if they did attempt to roll out an OTA MTD switch.. god my head hurts just thinking about it.. it's sad that Samsung has to be different and not use MTD like several other manufacturers.
BML vs MTD isn't really the issue. If anything, BML is actually more flexible here as it supports a partition table and Odin supports repartitioning, whereas the MTD partition table is hardcoded into the kernel. But you're right, there's no way to cleanly repartition while preserving user data and it wouldn't be feasible to do in an OTA.

Although frankly, I assume the lacking /system space is a convenient excuse for not releasing an ICS update. It's quite likely there wouldn't be an official update at this point even if there was enough space.

Reactions: sonarchist

duce102

Feb 4, 2011
North Carolina
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
So ur saying ppl aren't even able to receive this update cuz they haven't even gotten el30 yet??
What about if ur on fb15 would u get the update msg or only if u were on el30?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA
Edit: why does everyone beat me to the punch? Lol
I'm pretty sure he means everyone's on aosp

Sent from my HP TouchPad on CM9 using Tapatalk

Reactions: zanderman112

MДЯCЦSДИT

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 21, 2010
Make sure you are using a root explorer and not astro...

It is in /cache
Not /sdcard/cache/

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Reactions: zanderman112

notsosmrtgeek

Dec 22, 2010
portage
I'm. Taking one for the team I have been on stock almost a week now. Its killing me. I'm on the computer ever day. And trying not to flash. But I gotta stay strong. Lol. But still. No update. :-(

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Reactions: thomasskull666

lilajrestnom

Jul 31, 2011
Philadelphia
I'm. Taking one for the team I have been on stock almost a week now. Its killing me. I'm on the computer ever day. And trying not to flash. But I gotta stay strong. Lol. But still. No update. :-(

Lol u can do ittt you'll get it sometime soon don't they usually get it around to eveyone within like 10 days or so..? I think..?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

notsosmrtgeek

Dec 22, 2010
portage
I don't know if xbox. Releases. The blur or sense. I might have to give it a go for a day. And flash back.

Top Liked Posts