Are we at EOL

Search This thread

jdawglx01

Jun 29, 2010
Mulder-and-Scully-the-x-files-79095_449_495.jpg

Android land is full of the unexplained.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xiutehcuhtli

monkey24699

Dec 11, 2010
Att might release lgog pro next month

Well rumors say att will drop the lgog pro next month and sprint was pretty quick In following suit when they dropped the original lgog. If the pro does drop on sprint it would definitely be eol. I mean I don't think they want to have two phones with super similar names. That would be a nightmare for sprint stores.

kc_exactly

Oct 21, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Well rumors say att will drop the lgog pro next month and sprint was pretty quick In following suit when they dropped the original lgog. If the pro does drop on sprint it would definitely be eol. I mean I don't think they want to have two phones with super similar names. That would be a nightmare for sprint stores.

I can't say I agree. You could be right. But, the Note and S3 kind of throw that logic away. The Pro has a similar name but it is actually a phablet.

I can't see the G sticking around much longer with the S4 and One launching. It would be a perfect time for the Pro to launch. The Note 3 probably won't come out until the fall so it has a few quarters to be the top dog phablet at Sprint.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium

airbear360

Mar 8, 2013
I'm just throwing it out there that as of today, I don't see any information listed for the device going EOL. The system I use to check this information does tend to not be as updated as it should, but it is stating no EOL listing for 90 days. Keep in mind this isn't absolute, just what I see in my inventory system. I apologize, but you'll have to zoom on the picture.

Attachments

• LG.jpg
    LG.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 195

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
Really doubt they would eol the g when the evolte and gs3 are inferior and have successors out but still not eoled. The g has not been replaced yet by anything from lg. It's still their high end flagship.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: kc_exactly

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok guys, this isn't the first time Sprint has EOL'd a phone after six month or so. As far as updates, we have already received a "major update" to JB so any additional updates will probably be security and bug fixes. The chance of us ever seeing 4.2 are pretty slim. Sorry but that's the way it normally plays out.

The whole 18mos thing Epic was referring to is most likely the Android Update Alliance. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong Epic. If that is the case, then try to find any official reference to it after it's initial announcement. I've already been down this path and came up with nil, nada, zilch. Any questions that I have posed has gone ignored and from what I can gather the same goes for tech news writers as well.

With the above out of the way, stock LG software is a dead end. For those having issues with stock, unlock and support/donate/test AOSP/CM as much as possible. Also do the same for efforts to get our phones merged with the Nexus4 code.

Please don't ask me to start another campaign like I did for Moto users. Even though the campain got the word out, in the end there were no updates/unlocks. It also killed any development I was working on and in the end, my itch for deving for months.
    So, the Sprint store near my house has none in stock and none on back order.

Here is the kicker. If your phone breaks the only option you have as a replacement phone is the Samsung Victory.

I looked at the screen myself. That is completely absurd. The Evo or the S3 aren't eligible for an exchange. So, no one break your phone. You will not be happy!

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium

Finn_weird_face.gif
    This sucks.
    The OpG is the best phone on Sprint at this time, so unless LG is dumping us for a shiny new model EOL on the OpG is just insane.
    EOL meaning of End of Life?
    Really doubt they would eol the g when the evolte and gs3 are inferior and have successors out but still not eoled. The g has not been replaced yet by anything from lg. It's still their high end flagship.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app