[Q] Ace II i8160, startup error always with all new roms

Search This thread

embodio

Nov 30, 2009
Hello and happy new year ,

Οver three months I try to flash my mobile and always writes me the same error "unfortunately, samsung setupwizard has stopped" . Τhe device always hangs at the point where I choose system language on screen. To be able to work on my device should I have make it "flash" with version of android 2.3.6. Ι have tried to do "flash" with roms too, "pac-rom android 4.2.2" and "10.2 cyanogenmod", and always my device hangs at the point of the loading logo. I've done "flash" with these roms , as stated above, in my friend's phones ,same as mine, and has been correctly installed. The devices are not stuck like mine and working properly. Why my device is not working properly as the other? I am disappointed :( . I would like to help me :crying:

Aarek

Jan 26, 2014
Warsaw
Try to wipe data/factory reset in CWM after you install new ROM. But you have to know that you lost all of your data.

Samwix26

May 8, 2013
As far as I understand, you are on GB 2.3.6 ? :confusing:

If this is the case, flash Jelly Bean 4.1.2 then you could flash Customs ROMS based on 4.x :)

embodio

Nov 30, 2009
Try to wipe data/factory reset in CWM after you install new ROM. But you have to know that you lost all of your data.

I've done it several times what you're saying. The error message is always the same when the device become "flash" with the version 4.1.2. A friend who is technical in Mobile phones, IPHONE, HTC told me, that should be reprogram the motherboard or replace. If this is the only way, then we are talking about 100 euro cost. He said that, because the device does not show the serial number and the baseband has this "ΧΧΧΧ". I do not know if anyone here on the site also has solved a similar problem without changing the motherboard

Ryccardo

Nov 12, 2013
Imola
You must flash 3-part firmware (PIT + CODE/PDA + CSC) when switching between 2.x and 4.x!
(Google MB4.zip for the to 4.x conversion)

Ryccardo

Nov 12, 2013
Imola
Please I would like you to give me much information about what you say, a more complete guide

Install Odin and USB drivers, extract mb4.zip (http://d-h.st/6QB) until you get .pit, CODE and CSC files.

Open Odin, load the 3 files (CODE goes into PDA), reboot your phone in download mode (hold volume-, home and power until you get a yellow triangle then press volume+ then connect cable to PC), click start in Odin and let it work, after it boots to "Samsung Galaxy, choose your language" reboot into recovery, open the CWM zip, wipe data/cache then flash the rom you want

embodio

Nov 30, 2009
Install Odin and USB drivers, extract mb4.zip (http://d-h.st/6QB) until you get .pit, CODE and CSC files.

Open Odin, load the 3 files (CODE goes into PDA), reboot your phone in download mode (hold volume-, home and power until you get a yellow triangle then press volume+ then connect cable to PC), click start in Odin and let it work, after it boots to "Samsung Galaxy, choose your language" reboot into recovery, open the CWM zip, wipe data/cache then flash the rom you want

I knew pretty much everything that you say. Unfortunately, my friend, every time a file is missing me. This file is the modem file for this mobile, where fixes the baseband.This file I have not ever found in no one zip file. Can you find it for me, I should be grateful to you .

Ryccardo

Nov 12, 2013
Imola
Is it a P? a L? a Chinese/HK model?
(Unluckily I don't know those variants well, you'll have to extract various firmwares until you see one with modem.bin.md5 and ipl.bin.md5 then flash those 2 files...)

embodio

Nov 30, 2009
Is it a P? a L? a Chinese/HK model?
(Unluckily I don't know those variants well, you'll have to extract various firmwares until you see one with modem.bin.md5 and ipl.bin.md5 then flash those 2 files...)

The device writes from behind model: GT-i8160. I have done that you say , I have unzip the modem.bin file and when i had try to "flash" it , the odin program has stopped with an error.

tofueatsbread

Mar 7, 2013
The .md5 file you get when you download and extract stock firmware..

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk

Ryccardo

Nov 12, 2013
Imola
The device writes from behind model: GT-i8160. I have done that you say , I have unzip the modem.bin file and when i had try to "flash" it , the odin program has stopped with an error.
You can't flash single images with Odin (well, maybe if you wrap them back in a .tar) or just use Heimdall

embodio

Nov 30, 2009
Anyway , I have sent my device to the Samsung service and they will replace my phone's board. Thanks everyone for your advice.