Thanks Meter: 22

By poseidon5213, Member on 26th April 2012, 05:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd August 2019, 09:23 PM |#19831  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RdT21

Then you need to increase your budget to maybe get a samsung S8. It's just a little above 400USD now.

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk

do you think S8 is a device needed to be considered? it's not outdated?

23rd August 2019, 12:35 AM |#19832  
Flag Puerto Princesa City
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForMartha

For the specs that you need it's not yet outdated.

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk
25th August 2019, 06:27 PM |#19833  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey guys, looking to upgrade from my Pixel XL (OG) as the performance and battery have become abysmal. Budget is max £600, but that means there's a lot of choice:

1. Asus Zenfone 6 - £500 - I liked the swivel camera, full display, and apparently the dev scene should be good. Big battery is a plus too. Not sure on camera quality but if there's a gcam port is that fine?
2. Redmi K20 Pro - £350? - only thing I'm not too sure on is the camera quality, and the UI/software.
3. Samsung S10+ - £550 used - seems perfect except for the Exynos CPU in the UK. Is that deal breaking?
4. OnePlus 7 Pro - £550 - seems like a no brainer but I just wanted to check

I use mainly use my phone for texting, camera, web browsing and music so good camera, screen, battery are a MUST. Ideally one with a good DAC would be nice too. Software-wise, I'm not sure if OneUI/Oxygen would offer a better experience than on the Asus or Redmi? I'm comfortable with root if needed.
26th August 2019, 03:39 PM |#19834  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 8,014

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForMartha

Its very outdated and not worth buying...if for no other reason the idiotic placement of the fingerprint scanner. I bought my S8 plus launch day and it lasted for 2 mos before i got rid of it for that reason.

S9 plus is also outdated but at least its newer tech, the fingerprint scanner is in a proper position and it has dual speakers.

Definitely go that way over the S8plus or S8
27th August 2019, 01:56 AM |#19835  

More
Lg
I am hoping that some can help me decide between buying a new LG g6, or a used LG v30.

The upside of a new g6 is that I won't have any problems with a new device so that's the inherent upside.

The upside of the lgv30 is the massive 128GB storage, faster cpu, better camera, bettery battery.

The downside of getting a used one is it can have screen burn in, potentially a pretty degraded battery, and other unforseen problems, and it costs more a little bit more. The seller gives it a 9/10 and 30 day refund though. People have said it is really a sprint variant named: ls 998 that has been converted to a us 998, is that fine for carriers like T-Mobile and Att? Will I be able to root it?

Here is g6
No link allowed, but it is the T-Mobile factory unlocked variant for $140. Is T-Mobile variant the best for Usa?

Here is lt v30 (I'm assuming it's the v30+?)
No link allowed, it is us 998 variant unlocked for $160.
28th August 2019, 09:48 AM |#19836  

More
iPhone7
29th August 2019, 07:08 AM |#19837  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hey guys, I'm looking for a replacement for my s7. It's served my quite well so far but someone's gotta keep the economy going, right?
Unfortunately I have some very specific requirements which so far no device has been able to satisfy, well satisfyingly...

The device should have a decent amount of custom Roms available and most importantly it should pack a screen as small as possible (I'm talking 5.1" and the likes....). Also I would love a headphone jack.
So far worthy contenders are the pixel 5c and one of the one plus whatevers (one of the more recent ones).
However these all have flaws Imho (no headphone jack, no SD card, crazy huge screens).

But I also see that perhaps a phone matching these requirements simply just doesn't exist.

So, does anyone know if there are phones that are at least close to satisfying my requirements?

Thanks in advance,
Greetings derelektrischemoench
29th August 2019, 01:47 PM |#19838  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Headphone Jack
MUST HAVE Micro SD slot OR it will have to have 512gb or 1Tb models available (probably more than $600??)
6-8gb RAM
OLED
Decent battery
Android 9
A decent radio and reception (why i didn't get the Samsung A50/A70) *ATT*

In the $300-$500 range would be nice.

I often work outside of cell and internet/wifi reception and my MP3 collection is 220+ GB alone.
30th August 2019, 11:57 AM |#19839  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Deleted
4th September 2019, 03:02 PM |#19840  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Which Tough Phone
There are now a plethora of tough-phones available from China ( Elephone , Cubot , Blackview ) but nothing seems to be ticking all of my boxes . I loved the Motorolla Defy , I kept it updated until a Modded version of KitKat .
I initially had an interest in toughphones due , to all year round commuting on a motorcycle and needing a waterproof sat nav . I am back on the bike and have travelling in mind , and needing a decent toughphone

I have small hands so anything 6 " plus seems inoperable with one hand
Earphone Jack would be greatly appreciated ( Lack of earphone jack is borderline a dealbreaker )
Decent battery life , while using my GPS on my current phone , its dead/ overheating within 6 hours ( Huawei P10 lite - Chinese spycrap )
NFC , Wireless charging are massive plus points .
Decent Screen/ camera Bumper - Many do not have much lip/bumper around the screen ( crap design )
USB C Essential ( faster / more reliable charging )
Fairy decent camera - will be going on holiday with this
Waterproof - will want beach/ snorkelling snaps

Some phones I am considering and why ( no particular order )
Ulephone 6E - Modern efficient Chipset, nice looking phone - Sadly no audio jack, a little on the larger size , no sufficient bumper around screen
Doogee S90 - Robust , Extended battery but , No notification LED ( KMT ) , No Audio jack
BlackView 6800Pro Massive battery , good size ( 5.7") , fairly good looking good spec ( NFC wireless charging ) Cheap but , no audio jack , not much screen bumper/lip

Getnord Lynx , Smaller screen , Decent Battery, very good looking, Headphone jack ( apparently ) , Ram charging mount compatible but , low RAM ( 2GB ) , little internal Storage ( 16GB )

Any help with making a decision would be appreciated, I have been spending hours going around and around trying to choose .
10th September 2019, 09:08 PM |#19841  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehta23

4. OnePlus 7 Pro - £550 - seems like a no brainer but I just wanted to check

Not a no-brainer… I just picked the OP7 over the OP7 Pro and know I'm not the only one. Can't recall all the points in an article I read about this, but in a nutshell:

- same chip
- OP7 is slightly smaller, I have large hands and really wouldn't want a larger phone, it's almost too bulky for me arlready
- OP7 Pro has bigger battery but more pixels so battery life ends up being the same or slightly in favor of OP7
- do you really need those pixels? For my use (apps, movies, photo) can't see it making a difference, except more work for the phone
- IIRC the 7 Pro camera is "better" but for me cameras were good enough years ago, the last thing I need is bigger files

Only one person's view, just wanted to offer a contrasting viewpoint.
The Following User Says Thank You to who ah way For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift who ah way Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)