FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Guide] Root Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5200/P5210 without pre-rooted firmware

174 posts
Thanks Meter: 93
 
By LYandroid, Senior Member on 18th November 2013, 02:25 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th January 2016, 03:05 PM |#261  
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYandroid

hello,
sorry for the late replay, have you flashed the recovery successfully? what does Odin give you when you attemp to flash the recovery?

Finally I got it! I think that it was an Odin problem, I tried 20 times or more and than I also soft bricked the device... I restarted the pc and it worked at the first run... Now it works really well... Thanks!
 
 
2nd February 2016, 10:45 AM |#262  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi There
first off thanks for the support you give.
I have been trying to root and flash my GTP5200 using Odin and both TWRP and CWM.
Odin says it completes the task every time (with both TWRP and CWM). But whenever I reboot my p5200 in recovery mode it returns to the stock android "downloading" screen.
I have tried using different versions of Odin, The most up to date (and according to the sources) relevant TWRP and CWM MD5's but the issue persists.
Any advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYandroid

hello,
sorry for the late replay, have you flashed the recovery successfully? what does Odin give you when you attemp to flash the recovery?

3rd February 2016, 11:19 PM |#263  
LYandroid's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Benghazi
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draedus

Hi There
first off thanks for the support you give.
I have been trying to root and flash my GTP5200 using Odin and both TWRP and CWM.
Odin says it completes the task every time (with both TWRP and CWM). But whenever I reboot my p5200 in recovery mode it returns to the stock android "downloading" screen.
I have tried using different versions of Odin, The most up to date (and according to the sources) relevant TWRP and CWM MD5's but the issue persists.
Any advice?

from your post it seems you are trying to get to recovery but to me it shows that you are entering download mode again,make sure you are entering recovery mode by pressing volume up (the button near SIM slot) and power button until you get to recovery mode.
The Following User Says Thank You to LYandroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LYandroid Ad-Free
4th February 2016, 08:48 AM |#264  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYandroid

from your post it seems you are trying to get to recovery but to me it shows that you are entering download mode again,make sure you are entering recovery mode by pressing volume up (the button near SIM slot) and power button until you get to recovery mode.

Hi and thanks for the response. I was trying to get into recovery mode by pressing the (not download :P) vol up. That would inevitably send me into a boot loop. As if CWM or TWRP were not there. I must now add that I did get a version of TWRP to work and am now having issues with flashing and have encountered the bootloop issue in a whole new way... Can't seem to get a "good" version of a stock ROM or the pimpdroid version I was originally attempting to load. Always seem to return to CWM and can't go any further with any success. So I'm off to try and start the whole thing from scratch via KIES (/spit)
Thanks, again, for the response. If I hit panic again I'll be back for help. You guys are rockstars

Added: Done and Dusted! Rooted, twerped and flashed to pimpdroid. Thanks for the response.
22nd February 2016, 07:43 PM |#265  
Senior Member
Flag Rotterdam area
Thanks Meter: 32
 
Donate to Me
More
Thanks for this. Up till today it still worked like a charm.
I'm succesfully rooted with ease.

One point of critisism:
Root failed after reboot after installing Recovery. When I flashed recovery I didn't reboot at all, only then stock recovery wasn't installed back.
1st March 2016, 11:44 PM |#266  
LYandroid's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Benghazi
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thieuke

Thanks for this. Up till today it still worked like a charm.
I'm succesfully rooted with ease.

One point of critisism:
Root failed after reboot after installing Recovery. When I flashed recovery I didn't reboot at all, only then stock recovery wasn't installed back.

Glad you made your device rooted .
as for your point the recovery doesn't root your device by default, you have to flash it yourself, that's why i included the root file in this topic .
and yes when you have flashed the recovery it won't reboot the device automatically because of the "uncheck auto reboot" step,so it won't get replaced by stock recovery.
and lastly you can only have one recovery per time hope it helps .
2nd March 2016, 04:57 AM |#267  
Senior Member
Flag Rotterdam area
Thanks Meter: 32
 
Donate to Me
More
I don't think you've understood what I meant.

The first post it said to restart the phone after flashing recovery, and after that reboot into recovery. That didn't work.

What worked was: flash recovery. Reboot into recovery, flash rom.
4th March 2016, 08:25 PM |#268  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thank you for the knowledge you provide here Much appretiated! I am glad I can find really useful information around here.

I finally managed to successfully root my p5210 and I can finally understand the whole process. However, I seem to be failing when trying to install another rom - for example pimpdroid beta - cwm does not work with it and twrp says it was a successfull install but it keeps returning to twrp. When I hit reboot, it goes back to twrp.
12th March 2016, 09:00 PM |#269  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
It says could not verify whole-file signature
13th March 2016, 04:28 PM |#270  
LYandroid's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Benghazi
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thieuke

I don't think you've understood what I meant.

The first post it said to restart the phone after flashing recovery, and after that reboot into recovery. That didn't work.

What worked was: flash recovery. Reboot into recovery, flash rom.

"What worked was: flash recovery. Reboot into recovery, flash rom"
i think you meant after a second try it worked,but i totally understand what are you saying, afterall you had already managed to root your device
Quote:
Originally Posted by tLustej.miCin

Thank you for the knowledge you provide here Much appretiated! I am glad I can find really useful information around here.

I finally managed to successfully root my p5210 and I can finally understand the whole process. However, I seem to be failing when trying to install another rom - for example pimpdroid beta - cwm does not work with it and twrp says it was a successfull install but it keeps returning to twrp. When I hit reboot, it goes back to twrp.

your welcome ,Pimpdroid developer said that the version 4 BETA of this ROM is broken for unknown reason,that could be the cause of this problem,for now try the version 3 instead,it may work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker_vann

It says could not verify whole-file signature

Did you make sure that you have custom recovery in your device? because the "Can't verify signature" message only appears on stock recovery AFAIK.
15th March 2016, 03:10 PM |#271  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Hey man, awesome work! I've made video of your tutorial: https://youtu.be/U9TSr-5P20Y
The Following User Says Thank You to hamsturcio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hamsturcio Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy tab 3 10.1, root galaxy tab 3 10.1, root p5200, root p5210

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes