[Tutorial] Unlock VZW Razr M/M HD (XT907/XT926) for U.S. Carriers *CDMA WS METHOD*

Search This thread

xlow78

Oct 19, 2012
Tried my friend's T-Mobile card and it couldn't find a network. Changed to GSM, no success. Any ideas why? Do you have to switch something else?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dragonhart6505

Jun 20, 2010
Reading, PA
Tried my friend's T-Mobile card and it couldn't find a network. Changed to GSM, no success. Any ideas why? Do you have to switch something else?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Run it again, reset the phone with the 'Mode' button under the Main tab and leave it connected until it fully boots

Sent from my N800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: xlow78

shnish

Sep 4, 2012
Does this actually fully unlock the phone, or just make it so it's usable with ATT? For instance, I have a Droid 3 that's factory unlocked, but doesn't work on att until its radio is changed. Also, can the razr m be updated OTA to 4.1 from stock, or will that render it unusable on att?

dragonhart6505

Jun 20, 2010
Reading, PA
Does this actually fully unlock the phone, or just make it so it's usable with ATT? For instance, I have a Droid 3 that's factory unlocked, but doesn't work on att until its radio is changed. Also, can the razr m be updated OTA to 4.1 from stock, or will that render it unusable on att?

It fully unlocks it to use on any GSM carrier. The latest update reverts the changed NV Item back to 01 if it was ever changed, but it doesnt stop you from doing it again so feel free to update and run this through. You dont need to change the radio or anything

shnish

Sep 4, 2012
It fully unlocks it to use on any GSM carrier. The latest update reverts the changed NV Item back to 01 if it was ever changed, but it doesnt stop you from doing it again so feel free to update and run this through. You dont need to change the radio or anything

Awesome. I've heard some people say that they can't obtain root through the newest update. If I were to buy a Razr M online and it had 4.1 on it with the newest build, I could still run it on ATT, correct? Do you know if RSD Lite works with the newest firmware?

dragonhart6505

Jun 20, 2010
Reading, PA
Awesome. I've heard some people say that they can't obtain root through the newest update. If I were to buy a Razr M online and it had 4.1 on it with the newest build, I could still run it on ATT, correct? Do you know if RSD Lite works with the newest firmware?

RSD lite wont do much other than let you go back to root. Nothing will currently allow you to unlock the bootloader, so you won't be able to flash roms. You dont need root to do this though

dragonhart6505

Jun 20, 2010
Reading, PA

Also, just to clarify, it doesnt matter what firmware your on, locked bootloader or not. You can then run it on ATT T-Mobile H2O or any of the MVNO's

shnish

Sep 4, 2012
Also, just to clarify, it doesnt matter what firmware your on, locked bootloader or not. You can then run it on ATT T-Mobile H2O or any of the MVNO's

Well, I asked about RSD Lite before because i used it to unbrick my droid if anything went wrong. It totally flashes to stock, and I never got myself in a situation where RSD Lite couldn't fix my phone. Do you know if RSD Lite works no matter what firmware you're on?

dragonhart6505

Jun 20, 2010
Reading, PA
Well, I asked about RSD Lite before because i used it to unbrick my droid if anything went wrong. It totally flashes to stock, and I never got myself in a situation where RSD Lite couldn't fix my phone. Do you know if RSD Lite works no matter what firmware you're on?

Rsd lite doesnt restore the bootloader back to a previous version. There is currently no way to do that. If your phone has the latest firmware update taken before unlocking the bootloader, your sol on that front. You can't go back. Not with Matts utility or rsd lite. It will restore the firmware to a previous version of Android so you may root but that is all you can do. Again, that is not necessary if all your looking to do is unlock for GSM carriers. Just run it as you are

jjdev

Jan 16, 2013
I am on the T-Mobile $30 unlimited data 100 min prepaid plan. Everything was working perfectly until this past weekend. I set the phone in airplane mode and after disabling it I was unable to receive any form of data or cellular signal. On the top right of the notification bar is a. Red triangle with a white cross in the center. I have tried removing and reinserting the sim card but I get a message saying " restricted access has changed".

This is the xt926 9.20.1. The phone is rooted. I have tried the sim on the nexus 4 and it works just fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387227163376.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387227163376.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:

dragonhart6505

Jun 20, 2010
Reading, PA
I am on the T-Mobile $30 unlimited data 100 min prepaid plan. Everything was working perfectly until this past weekend. I set the phone in airplane mode and after disabling it I was unable to receive any form of data or cellular signal. On the top right of the notification bar is a. Red triangle with a white cross in the center. I have tried removing and reinserting the sim card but I get a message saying " restricted access has changed".

This is the xt926 9.20.1. The phone is rooted. I have tried the sim on the nexus 4 and it works just fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

It happens sometimes for no reason. Go through the process again, restoring the phone with matts utility or red, and restore your apps with TBup. Honestly the only way ive found

secdroid68

Dec 16, 2013
Wylie, TX
need help

I have windows 7 64 bit but my device manager doesn't look like the fist post I do have comport and the QC diag port loaded on com 3. Mine doesnt have modem. I do have motorola stuff under other.

Can someone show or tell me how to set the driver up in device manager for a non pc person?

Anyone in the DALLAS TEXAS area that can do this for me?

Last edited:

dragonhart6505

Jun 20, 2010
Reading, PA
I have windows 7 64 bit but my device manager doesn't look like the fist post I do have comport and the QC diag port loaded on com 3. Mine doesnt have modem. I do have motorola stuff under other.

Can someone show or tell me how to set the driver up in device manager for a non pc person?

Anyone in the DALLAS TEXAS area that can do this for me?

On my channel is the video. Link next to my Razr M in signature will take u to following the process for unlocking

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS WORKS WITH THE LATEST UPDATE!!!! THANK YOU dreamliner2012 FOR RUNNING IT THROUGH AND CLARIFYING!

THE ORIGINAL METHODS STILL WORK FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO USE RADIOCOMM AND DFS INSTEAD!

ALL CREDITS TO CELLZEALOT'S THREAD AND ARNOLD SNARB'S POST

GIVE THEM YOUR PROPER THANKS!!!

this was done with stock bootloader, rom, no root, official EVERYTHING

video tutorial HERE
    heres the quick rundown -
    1: get the Motorola QC Diagnostics driver to install. hard with Win7 x64, but be diligent it does work.
    2: boot your XT907/XT926 into BP Tools mode (Vol Up and Down + Power, scroll down to BP Tools hit Vol Up)
    3: connect to your computer *duh*
    4: open CDMA WS 2.7 or higher (google)
    5: connect to your COM Port and press CONNECT
    6: click the SECURITY tab and enter 000000 as SPC and click SEND
    7: click the MAIN tab and click READ *dunno if you need to but I did for safe measure*
    8: click the MEMORY tab and select READ under NV ITEMS. dismiss the SPC prompt
    9: First Item to read is 8322. Last Item to read is 8323. click SAVE and name the .txt file whatever you want, just remember where you put it
    10: open the .txt file you just saved and under 8322 you will see 01 00 00 00 00 etc. change 01 to 00 and save the .txt file. DONT CHANGE 8323!!!
    11: back in CDMA WS click WRITE under NV ITEMS. dismiss the SPC prompt again
    12: find the .txt file you just edited and click OK
    13: reboot the phone and put in your preferred Sim
    14: in Settings go to More... under Wireless Networks and change your Network Mode to GSM/UMTS
    15: SUCK IT VERIZON :cool:

happy days ahead for all!

don't forget that THANKS button :victory:

***DISCLAIMER***
    NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR LACK OF ABILITY TO FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS RESULTING IN A BRICKED DEVICE!

originally posted this in the Motorola Droid RAZR M Q&A section but as I had originally used an XT926 to make this tutorial I thought I had better put this here >_<

---from cellzealot on how to load Win7 x64 drivers---

Here is a screenshot of Device Manager on my PC on WIN7 64 bit with the latest 6.2 Motorola USB drivers and my XT907 connected in BP Tools mode with all of the interfaces highlighted.
    There are 3 modems, 1 network device and 1 COM port that should be present and installed.
    The 6.2 driver set has signed versions for these device interfaces so no force loading should be required and they should install automatically when the phone is connected in BP Tools mode with USB debugging enabled.

Make note of the port number assigned to the COM Port as that is the port you will use for CDMA WS or DFS or any other QC based NV access tool.

The QC Interface is the Motorola QC Diag Port.

Right click and choose Update Drivers then choose Do not load drivers automatically. Allow me to choose from a list of available devices.

Scroll down to Ports: COM/LPT and then Motorola and then Motorola QC Diag Port.

It will warn about unsigned drivers, just click Install anyway and it will load the driver and show up with a COM port number assigned.

Use that COM port for CDMA WS to edit the NV.

If you continue to have problems, I suggest reflashing the firmware or just the modem and fsg.mbn in fastboot, and starting over.
    I have done this hack on several RAZR HDs in the past week, and for best results:

First READ 8322, change from 01 to 00,
    Then WRITE 8322, and WRITE 8322 again.
    Wait five minutes, then reboot.

At first, I was reverting to to 01 constantly. Following these steps exactly worked well.
    Just a notice:

There's Stargo's command line utility unlock-us-gsm newly included in CM12 builds for xt907, xt926 and xt897.

All you have to do to unlock US GSM with it is:
    Code:
    su
    unlock-us-gsm
    in terminal emulator app or adb shell.

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/89520
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/90141
    ALL CREDITS TO CELLZEALOT'S THREAD AND ARNOLD SNARB'S POST

GIVE THEM YOUR PROPER THANKS!!!

this was done with stock bootloader, rom, no root, official EVERYTHING

video tutorial HERE
    heres the quick rundown -
    1: get the Motorola QC Diagnostics driver to install. hard with Win7 x64, but be diligent it does work.
    2: boot your XT907/XT926 into BP Tools mode (Vol Up and Down + Power, scroll down to BP Tools hit Vol Up)
    3: connect to your computer *duh*
    4: open CDMA WS 2.7 or higher (google)
    5: connect to your COM Port and press CONNECT
    6: click the SECURITY tab and enter 000000 as SPC and click SEND
    7: click the MAIN tab and click READ *dunno if you need to but I did for safe measure*
    8: click the MEMORY tab and select READ under NV ITEMS. dismiss the SPC prompt
    9: First Item to read is 8322. Last Item to read is 8323. click SAVE and name the .txt file whatever you want, just remember where you put it
    10: open the .txt file you just saved and under 8322 you will see 01 00 00 00 00 etc. change 01 to 00 and save the .txt file. DONT CHANGE 8323!!!
    11: back in CDMA WS click WRITE under NV ITEMS. dismiss the SPC prompt again
    12: find the .txt file you just edited and click OK
    13: reboot the phone and put in your preferred Sim
    14: in Settings go to More... under Wireless Networks and change your Network Mode to GSM/UMTS
    15: SUCK IT VERIZON :cool:

happy days ahead for all!

don't forget that THANKS button :victory:

***DISCLAIMER***
    NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR LACK OF ABILITY TO FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS RESULTING IN A BRICKED DEVICE!

originally posted this in the Motorola Droid RAZR M Q&A section but as I had originally used an XT926 to make this tutorial I thought I had better put this here >_<

I NEED CONFIRMATION FROM ANYONE WITH AN XT907 ON THE LATEST UPDATE TO CONFIRM WHETHER OR NOT THIS STILL WORKS!! PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO I CAN UPDATE THE OP ACCORDINGLY!

If you do this can you use the phone on Verizon still or do you need to revert the changes?

sent from my xt926 RAZR maxx hd
    Nope the GPS is not working. Would I be able to pickup GPS over Wifi with it set to device only?

I will flash back into CM12.1 and unlock the GSM again and see if the phone works, if so I may try and delete them again but in CM12.1.

It takes some time to get GPS signal lock, use GPS Status & toolbox to donwload AGPS data and see satellites.