Google Wallet on i9020A/i9020T/i9023

Search This thread

kibmcz

Jun 6, 2010
kibmcz.ca
Samsung Galaxy S21
EDIT: This has been discontinued and downloads removed

Just after getting the 2.3.6 ota on my USA import Nexus i9020a I decided to try the Google Wallet files from the NS4G 2.3.7.... They worked. I even could add the prepaid 10$ card and i'm on SaskTel in Canada :).

Attached is a flashable zip that should work on all i902x models (i can't test it since i'm in Canada).

Install Method: Unsigned, must flash through ClockworkMod Recovery.
Compatibility: i9020A/i9020T/i9023 (2.3.6)
Other Roms: It may work on roms other than the 2.3.6 ota but if it doesn't just remove the files listed below via ADB.

Code:
/System/Shopper.apk
/System/Wallet.apk
/Lib/libshopperimageutils-3.so
/Lib/libshoppervorbisencoder-2.so
/Lib/libshopperzxingutils-4.so

Note: Credit goes to YourMainDude for the files i used in the Nfc fix :)

Attachments

• Screenshot-1.jpg
    Screenshot-1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,316
  • Screenshot-2.jpg
    Screenshot-2.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,233
  • Screenshot-3.jpg
    Screenshot-3.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,286
  • nexus-s_wallet.jpg
    nexus-s_wallet.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 689
Last edited:

kassemja

Jun 1, 2010
Sydney
Working on T-Mobile nexus here in Australia. Received 10 dollar gift card.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

jungbum

Mar 23, 2011
Confirmed not working. Force closes upon boot and when opening the Wallet app i9020T T-Mobile GSM, CM7.1 Nightly 210, TEUV LOS simms22 Edition

Tenhi

Jun 3, 2010
Interesting... i thought the ones here were only the rfid ones. I guess some testing to do lol.

The fun part is once the 10$ is gone its dead... no credit card LOL.

You should try, but don't forget to bring cash, just in case :p... And maybe google will provide some other way to add funds to prepaid card, we'll see..

jungbum

Mar 23, 2011
This is the message I'm receiving. Is it just Wallet app that's force closing, or is 'nfcrel' different element that has to do with security?

The application Wallet (process com.google.android.apps.wallet.nfcrel) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

kibmcz

Jun 6, 2010
kibmcz.ca
Samsung Galaxy S21
You should try, but don't forget to bring cash, just in case :p... And maybe google will provide some other way to add funds to prepaid card, we'll see..

Definitely will try some time... got the locator app installed now LOL.

This is the message I'm receiving. Is it just Wallet app that's force closing, or is 'nfcrel' different element that has to do with security?

Try launching the app with DDMS open to see what exactly fails. Be sure to post the log chunk from the crash ( I cant do much about it but at least we will know why its not working.

It could be a security module that's not in AOSP yea.

Last edited:

vennstrom

Feb 27, 2008
Just pushed it to the phone, working on China-Mobile here in China, even got the USD10 Google Pre-paid card. Just dunno where to use it here.

Stock 2.3.6 Rooted

Tenhi

Jun 3, 2010
Can't add prepaid card :(. Just stuck on "Adding card...". Maybe I should try with T-mobile sim...

I'm using I9020T EUR...

Edit: Did you use mobile data or wifi to activate prepaid card?

Last edited:

vennstrom

Feb 27, 2008
I used wifi, market enabler on (not that it matters) but who knows...took a bit time when adding the card but eventually it went through

lilnev

Jun 28, 2010
Zurich
Another confirmation doesn't work on CM7 nightly 2.3.7 210.

Force close.

How do I remove this properly from my phone?

lilnev

Jun 28, 2010
Zurich
I wish this would work on the CM nightlies.. the cantine at work uses paypass, i could pay for lunch every day !

kibmcz

Jun 6, 2010
kibmcz.ca
Samsung Galaxy S21
In looking at the NS4G 2.3.7 update i noticed the nfc libs were updated. I got a crazy idea for cm nightly users... try the nfc libs from the NS4G 2.3.7.

The updated files are:
Code:
\system\lib\libnfc.so
\system\lib\libnfc_jni.so

Report back on how it works :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT: This has been discontinued and downloads removed

Just after getting the 2.3.6 ota on my USA import Nexus i9020a I decided to try the Google Wallet files from the NS4G 2.3.7.... They worked. I even could add the prepaid 10$ card and i'm on SaskTel in Canada :).

Attached is a flashable zip that should work on all i902x models (i can't test it since i'm in Canada).

Install Method: Unsigned, must flash through ClockworkMod Recovery.
    Compatibility: i9020A/i9020T/i9023 (2.3.6)
    Other Roms: It may work on roms other than the 2.3.6 ota but if it doesn't just remove the files listed below via ADB.

Code:
    /System/Shopper.apk
    /System/Wallet.apk
    /Lib/libshopperimageutils-3.so
    /Lib/libshoppervorbisencoder-2.so
    /Lib/libshopperzxingutils-4.so

Note: Credit goes to YourMainDude for the files i used in the Nfc fix :)
    to bad I don't think there is a way to add money to the prepaid Google card, and I don't have a citi bank credit card (nor am I going to get one just for this) so I wont get to much use out of it until they add a little more functionality to it.

If you tap the Google prepaid card, it should move towards the top of the screen, and there is an add funds button in there, as well as a number for money network and stuff. Havn't tried the add funds yet, but it asks for CC info so I assume it works.

Why not? There are many places there in Canada that support Master card paypass system. It should work...

http://www.google.com/wallet/where-it-works.html
    Nightly 210 is 2.3.7 (GWK74) build though.

Ah.. Good to know CM is going past 2.3.4. I'm thinking its a library that's exclusive to the builds for the Nexus S models (eg. something that isn't in public code yet).
    please don't just assume that I know that, if I knew I wouldn't have said anything. So that was actually pretty rude. sorry for getting you excited;)
    Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

Fair enough. Thanks for being sorry. That's a lesson to double check everything you say, just to be on the safe side. And no, this doesn't apply only to xda or IT, but to everyday life as well. Sorry for putting you in the same category as those people.