[ROM][9/25/12] MIUI.us Presents MIUI v4.1 2.9.21 Jelly Bean [4.1.1][Stock CM9 Kernel]

Search This thread

weblexa

Jun 11, 2011
Spokane, WA

MIUI.us is Proud to Present
MIUI 2.9.21 Jelly Bean for the Samsung Fascinate

miuiusanim1.gif

With the Exclusive MIUI.us Toolbox

This is a community support ROM only!

The developers do not provide much support for this ROM on these forums.
Support is mostly provided on forums.miui.us.

New releases are released each Friday.

Jelly Bean Google Apps package is now included with this ROM. No need to flash separately.

A DATA WIPE IS REQUIRED IF UPDATING FROM ANY PREVIOUS MIUI VERSION 2.8.10 OR BELOW!
Flashing any version of Devil Kernel will cause a boot loop! I will fix this when I have some free time.
Installation Instructions

It is no longer required to flash CM10 before flashing MIUI v4.1 if coming from a Gingerbread, ICS, or JB based ROM.

• Place ROM zip file in your SD card
  • Boot into recovery
  • Create a Nandroid
  • Factory reset device
  • Wipe Cache & Dalvik
  • Install zip from SD card
  • Reboot and enjoy!

What Doesn't Work
  • Wifi Tethering via the native tethering app. Use a third part tethering app.
  • 3G signal bars still broken. Voice signal bars fully functional though.
  • Torch

Data fix for Non-Verizon devices: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/102417300/datafix_jb.zip. Flash in recovery. Should work on Mesmerize and Showcase variants.

**Consider 3G signal bars and the torch function things that just aren't going to be fixed anytime in the foreseeable future. Getting these to work is going to take some major code rewriting, and unfortunately, I just don't have the time or skills required for that yet. You can use one of the many available third party flashlight apps to get the same functionality as the torch. I will continue to research and try new ideas to get these working, but please don't expect it anytime soon.

Everything else is assumed to be working. If you find something broken that isn't listed above, please let us know so we can look into it. Once the bug is confirmed, it will be added to the list above until it is resolved.

Downloads:​

Please do not mirror or link my downloads, just link back to this thread.
Current MIUI Release
Past MIUI Releases

Thanks

• JT1134, sbrissen, teamhacksung, and everyone else who had a hand in making CM10 possible for the Fascinate
  • dfgas for some bug fixes regarding data/calls
  • MIUI for the awesome ROM

I will do my best to keep up with this thread. Please understand that it can be difficult keeping up with multiple threads though. If you're looking for a quick response, please consider posting in the Fascinate section on the MIUI.us Forums.

Last edited:

weblexa

Jun 11, 2011
Spokane, WA
Bug Fix History

2.9.7 Changes
  • Added GooManager for OTA updates
  • Fixed bugs with camera
  • Bluetooth fixed? Let me know
  • Added Jelly Bean Gapps package

2.8.31 Changes
  • Updated to Jelly Bean
  • Reboot Recovery menu option hot boots. Use ROM Manager to boot to recovery.
    [*]MIUI.us Toolbox not compatible with Jelly Bean yet.

Bugs Fixed Prior to 2.8.31:
  • Removed Updater app due to force closes
  • Fixed Permissions Manager so that Superuser permissions can be managed through Permissions Manager instead of Superuser.apk
  • Removed Superuser.apk
  • Implemented tweaks to improve performance and battery life
  • Fixed voice signal bar. Data signal bar still broken.
  • Fixed SMS/MMS functionality
  • Added 3-Way Reboot Mod (Options are Normal, Recovery, and Hot Boot)
  • Fixed Compass
  • Fixed Themes
  • Fixed GPS
  • Fixed Roaming Indicator Off message
  • Fixed Superuser Permissions issues
  • Fixed force close issues
  • Fixed most bugs with the Camera app

Last edited:

Tkun

Oct 10, 2010
I didn't expect to see this so soon, so this was a pleasant surprise. Also, nice to see that it's now an official MIUI.US build. I'm gonna test this out asap.

Relaxasaurus

Nov 10, 2010
Many thanks for all your work weblexa! I bit the ICS bullet earlier this week and went with AOKP build 28 which is awesome (faster and more stable than Gummy in my experience), but can't wait to try this out.

thisguy23

Sep 19, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Not sure what happened but I setup this rom and then rebooted into recovery and flashed beta 6 glitch and boom can't bot into rom. Error says something about encription error and how I have to wipe all user data. Back to AOKP 28

Tkun

Oct 10, 2010
Not sure what happened but I setup this rom and then rebooted into recovery and flashed beta 6 glitch and boom can't bot into rom. Error says something about encription error and how I have to wipe all user data. Back to AOKP 28

The rom already included Glitch (it says so in the title), so flashing a Glitch kernel was redundant, but that's beside the point. I think the reason you were encountering that error was because you were flashing beta 6 instead of beta 6.1.

weblexa

Jun 11, 2011
Spokane, WA
MMS is confirmed to be working. If you are having any trouble sending or receiving MMS, please back up your data and do a full data wipe. Also wipe cache and dalvik and fix permissions. If MMS still isn't working, please let me know.

Last edited:

thisguy23

Sep 19, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Update: all setup and running great. This rom is slower than aokp. I sure miss GPS. Had to navigate the old way again. Will report any issues.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

.Ejekt

Apr 13, 2009
I can't believe I'm asking this...
How does one get into recovery on this rom? Three button boot got me stuck in recovery so I'm assuming there's another option that I'm missing.

weblexa

Jun 11, 2011
Spokane, WA
I can't believe I'm asking this...
How does one get into recovery on this rom? Three button boot got me stuck in recovery so I'm assuming there's another option that I'm missing.

Sorry, forgot to post instructions in the OP. Open up the Updater app, press the menu button and select Reboot Recovery. I'll ad these instructions to the OP soon. I'm working on getting the 4-way reboot mod back in the ROM for next week.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

wcouri

Jan 16, 2011
Sure did miss the MIUI goodness. Running like a champ on the mez, although MMS doesn't seem to work.

meany

Oct 9, 2006
Better and better

Wow, Web, fantastic stuff, getting better by the week. I like what the MIUI.us team did with putting both 1g and 3g meters in the bar. Thanks for MMS, I can also confirm it works after a data wipe without SetDNS. I was having some general data connection issues with 3g prior to this release, but no longer.

Cheers!

MezManiac

Mar 19, 2012
Chicago
Time Without Signal

I thought 2.3.23 fixed the time without signal issue, but it seems to be still an issue for me. When i go to settings<battery<cell standby- it says that 50% of the time "spent without signal. Is anyone else having this problem? If so, web can you please look into this?

This just concerns me since, first and formost, i dont want to be missing calls and etc. But also when I flash a different rom, aokp for example, I dont have this issue. To me, this means a rom problem and not a hardware problem. Plase look into this.

iamchrisc

Jul 28, 2011
Has anyone experienced random lockscreen freezes that require a battery pull? Not sure if it's the theme I'm using or a bug in the ROM itself

weblexa

Jun 11, 2011
Spokane, WA
Not to get off topic or anything, but... I'm looking for a few people to test my Mesmerize and Showcase ports. I'll be releasing them officially for MIUI.us after they have been tested and work. I am planning to have the test ports done Friday or Saturday of this week.

Anyone who is interested in testing either the Mesmerize port or the Showcase port, please PM me. I'll PM you the download link as soon as I have the ports done. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

MIUI.us is Proud to Present
    MIUI 2.9.21 Jelly Bean for the Samsung Fascinate

miuiusanim1.gif

With the Exclusive MIUI.us Toolbox

This is a community support ROM only!

The developers do not provide much support for this ROM on these forums.
    Support is mostly provided on forums.miui.us.

New releases are released each Friday.

Jelly Bean Google Apps package is now included with this ROM. No need to flash separately.

A DATA WIPE IS REQUIRED IF UPDATING FROM ANY PREVIOUS MIUI VERSION 2.8.10 OR BELOW!
    Flashing any version of Devil Kernel will cause a boot loop! I will fix this when I have some free time.
    Installation Instructions

It is no longer required to flash CM10 before flashing MIUI v4.1 if coming from a Gingerbread, ICS, or JB based ROM.

• Place ROM zip file in your SD card
    • Boot into recovery
    • Create a Nandroid
    • Factory reset device
    • Wipe Cache & Dalvik
    • Install zip from SD card
    • Reboot and enjoy!

What Doesn't Work
    • Wifi Tethering via the native tethering app. Use a third part tethering app.
    • 3G signal bars still broken. Voice signal bars fully functional though.
    • Torch

Data fix for Non-Verizon devices: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/102417300/datafix_jb.zip. Flash in recovery. Should work on Mesmerize and Showcase variants.

**Consider 3G signal bars and the torch function things that just aren't going to be fixed anytime in the foreseeable future. Getting these to work is going to take some major code rewriting, and unfortunately, I just don't have the time or skills required for that yet. You can use one of the many available third party flashlight apps to get the same functionality as the torch. I will continue to research and try new ideas to get these working, but please don't expect it anytime soon.

Everything else is assumed to be working. If you find something broken that isn't listed above, please let us know so we can look into it. Once the bug is confirmed, it will be added to the list above until it is resolved.

Downloads:​

Please do not mirror or link my downloads, just link back to this thread.
    Current MIUI Release
    Past MIUI Releases

Thanks

• JT1134, sbrissen, teamhacksung, and everyone else who had a hand in making CM10 possible for the Fascinate
    • dfgas for some bug fixes regarding data/calls
    • MIUI for the awesome ROM

I will do my best to keep up with this thread. Please understand that it can be difficult keeping up with multiple threads though. If you're looking for a quick response, please consider posting in the Fascinate section on the MIUI.us Forums.
    2.6.29 is up!
    2.6.22 is up at roms.miui.us! I'll update the OP when I get home tonight.

Full 2.6.22 Changelog: http://www.miui.us/content.php?241
    Ok guys... Test build has been uploaded. You can download from here: LINK REMOVED - DOWNLOAD OFFICIAL BUILD AT ROMS.MIUI.US - md5: 2c148a22f645eb634e9465f0418ef84e

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE FLASHING
    First, I want to apologize for taking so long to get around to working on this. I had a some personal things I had to take care of over the last few weeks. I appreciate everyone's patience.

Ok, now that that's out of the way, I have decided to release this test build to anyone who wants to flash it to provide me feedback since so many of you showed interest in testing.

THIS ROM IS AN ALPHA BUILD OF MIUI v4.1 JELLY BEAN. I HAVE FLASHED THIS ONTO MY DEVICE AND CAN CONFIRM IT BOOTS. I CANNOT, HOWEVER, CONFIRM IF ANYTHING WORKS. THIS INCLUDES CALLS/DATA/SMS/MMS, ETC. YOU SHOULD ONLY FLASH THIS BUILD IF YOU UNDERSTAND THIS.

FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS:
    1. Download MIUI v4.1 from above
    2. Make a Nandroid of your current ROM
    3. Download and Flash CM10 from here: http://enderszone.com/android/jb/cm-10-20120819-UNOFFICIAL-fascinatemtd.zip
    4. Download ROM Manager from the Play Store and back it up to your SD Card (Optional)
    5. Wipe Data & Cache
    6. Flash CM10 and let it fully boot.
    7. Boot to recovery, wipe data & cache and flash MIUI v4.1
    8. Optionally install ROM Manager from SD Card.

A couple things I noticed when I flashed this:

1. Seems to be a little lag at first. Seemed to go away after 10 minutes or so.
    2. Reboot Recovery option hot boots the device. adb doesn't boot to recovery either. Only way I've been able to get into recovery is by using ROM Manager.

Please do not post feedback or report bugs for this build in this thread. I don't want any confusion in the thread. Please shoot me a PM to provide feedback or report bugs instead. I would also appreciate confirmation of what works/what doesn't work by PM as well. When sending me bug reports, please specify which device you have (Fascinate, Mesmerize, or Showcase). Once this build is confirmed working, I will do the Mesmerize and Showcase ports.

Once we confirm that calls, data & SMS/MMS is working, this build will become official and the OP and roms.miui.us will be updated.
    2.6.1 is up! Finally got the force close issues figured out. See OP for download link. Thanks for being so patient while I figured this out!