[ROM] Unwatermarked, Official, Hero

Search This thread

jamizzal

Sep 29, 2007
NWK
Jesus people, STOP ASKING QUESTIONS THAT HAVE **JUST BEEN ANSWERED***.

What the hell is wrong with y'all?

YOU HAVE TO HAVE A2SD.
YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE NEW RADIO.
YOU HAVE TO HAVE NEW THE SPL.

Not only have these questions been answered in this thread, there are threads about each of these topics on the first page of the Dream forum, go read them and stop asking questions about how to install them in this thread. Its not that hard. You'll have to rename things 'upgrade.zip' 5 or six times and restart your phone. It's not rocket science but you have to at be able to read and follow instructions.

ok i understand all the rules needed and have used search but cant seem to find the answer. I have a 1gb card and want to use apps2sd my question is whats the difference between sdcards classes and can i even use apps2sd with a 1gb card please just answer this i have the new radio and the new spl the last thing i need is the apps2sd please....again i do appologize i have used search to no avail.

chief2842

Jun 15, 2007
Jesus people, STOP ASKING QUESTIONS THAT HAVE **JUST BEEN ANSWERED***.

What the hell is wrong with y'all?

YOU HAVE TO HAVE A2SD.
YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE NEW RADIO.
YOU HAVE TO HAVE NEW THE SPL.

Not only have these questions been answered in this thread, there are threads about each of these topics on the first page of the Dream forum, go read them and stop asking questions about how to install them in this thread. Its not that hard. You'll have to rename things 'upgrade.zip' 5 or six times and restart your phone. It's not rocket science but you have to at be able to read and follow instructions.

Question I have 26I is that the latest radio, asking because that's the latest one I see on H's page?

inportb

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 29, 2008
inportb.com

meww

Apr 28, 2009
Yes it work, using the rom right now, All I have to say is that we should have ****ing waited for this release, instead of chasing those leaked roms like idiots. It is fast, and had so many options.

jroid

Jan 8, 2009
I'm getting this error using adb:

Joelz-Mac:tools Joelz$ ./adb push /Users/Joelz/Desktop/app_s /system/sd
push: /Users/Joelz/Desktop/app_s/YouTube.apk -> /system/sd/YouTube.apk
failed to copy '/Users/Joelz/Desktop/app_s/YouTube.apk' to '/system/sd/YouTube.apk': I/O error

any ideas? then i try taking out the youtube.apk and push it again nd gives me the same error but for worldclassclock.apk

KidJethro

Aug 24, 2008
Ft. Stewart, GA
Well...

I've got the "special" spl...
Latest radio...
Working apps to sd unionfs method...
No problem extracting app_s to the ext2 w/adb- That took awhile.. :eek:

First thing I did was exactly as haykuro's directions said- wipe then flash. Bootloop.

Second- flash then wipe. Bootloop

Third- Wipe, flash, wipe. Bootloop.

No cheddar for me. :( The little android guy waving at ya is cool as hell though. :cool::D

Fortunately I did a nandroid immediately before I attempted this. I'll sit on it till someone figures it out.

Rock on haykuro. :)

ok people found the solution to the looping problem. Well ddms.bat showed me what was wrong. The command that haykuro posted did not work, the problem is that adb push app_s /system/sd will put all the apps in root of that sd card. Instead the files need to be in app_s folder, so here is what you guys need to do.

1) Flash the update with alt + w, alt + s.
2) Once it reboot you will see the HTC scree with little android. Let it loop. ADB mount you phone
3) once you phone is adb mounted type following command
adb push app_s /system/sd/app_s
4) wait for the files to transfer
5) once all the files are transferred type in adb shell reboot.
WELCOME TO THE HERO ROM WITH ROSIE UI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn this thread is moving fast...

I guess I'll give that a shot now.

Last edited:

xadaniman

May 17, 2009
Repeats HTC logo !!

My phone is repeating the HTC logo and wont continue, any suggestions on what might be the problem??

h4ck3r7y

May 1, 2009
Madison
For those asking for pics
Here are a few

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 505
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 411
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 420
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 384
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 364
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 381
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 385
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 542

erickrios

Sep 14, 2008
Miami, FL
Please do some Googling. You don't have to reformat to mount an ext3fs as ext2. If you really want to convert by removing the journal, Google!

I am googling the hell out of it, trust me, the problem is that I get a lot of linux references and I get lost, so if anyone knows an easy way to do this please let me know, I am a windows user but I can follow instructions very easy, all I need is to convert ext3 to ext2, that's all. Thanks.

rsweepe

Jan 26, 2009
ok people found the solution to the looping problem. Well ddms.bat showed me what was wrong. The command that haykuro posted did not work, the problem is that adb push app_s /system/sd will put all the apps in root of that sd card. Instead the files need to be in app_s folder, so here is what you guys need to do.

1) Flash the update with alt + w, alt + s.
2) Once it reboot you will see the HTC scree with little android. Let it loop. ADB mount you phone
3) once you phone is adb mounted type following command
adb push app_s /system/sd/app_s
4) wait for the files to transfer
5) once all the files are transferred type in adb shell reboot.
WELCOME TO THE HERO ROM WITH ROSIE UI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

everyone who is getting boot loop...DO THIS it works