[RADIO] The HTC HD2 Master Radio Thread

Search This thread
Hi,

Does anybody know which rilphone.dll is the best for Leo_RADIO_2.15.50.14?

Thanks.

Considering the fact that it is the latest radio at the moment, I would suggest that you use the one that comes with the radio itself. It is pretty new and using a different rilphone.dll than the one that is already there could cause undesirable effects on your HD2. Until now nobody asked about this, it is risky to try it. Do you have problems with the radio and your ROM?

tortxu80

Apr 8, 2009
Toledo
Ok thanks,
I don't know that a rilphone.dll comes with the radio.
Since radio 2.10 my battery works only half a day or a night without ussing it.
I'll try to install a new rom and this new radio.

Thanks tmihai20

Ok thanks,
I don't know that a rilphone.dll comes with the radio.
Since radio 2.10 my battery works only half a day or a night without ussing it.
I'll try to install a new rom and this new radio.

Thanks tmihai20

I think I made a little mistake. It does not come with the radio. But you should try a ROM like Artemis or one that has the newest Manilla files, my battery lasts about 2 days and a half with the new radio and with the latest Artemis made by Sternas, who is a little fanatic about having the newest files inside his ROM. And he does an extremely good job.

Taken from the first post of this thread

*-What is rilphone.dll?
* rilphone.dll is a Windows Mobile "driver" that tells to your OS what are the commands suitable for your Radio ROM. When a new Radio ROM is released, sometimes a new rilphone.dll will come with it because a new radio may contain a new command for a different scope (battery optimization, best signal calibration, etc..)

*-Why change rilphone.dll?
* Replacing your rilphone.dll is a dangerous task and it should be done only if you experience real problems with your current one. Remember that rilphone is an essential library for your phone to work correctly, so.. you can break the phone part of your ROM or make it to work correctly with your current radio (but in any case this can't break your device's hardware). In short, replace it only if you know what are you doing!!

Last edited:

rrsaylor

Apr 6, 2009
I think I made a little mistake. It does not come with the radio. But you should try a ROM like Artemis or one that has the newest Manilla files, my battery lasts about 2 days and a half with the new radio and with the latest Artemis made by Sternas, who is a little fanatic about having the newest files inside his ROM. And he does an extremely good job.

Taken from the first post of this thread

what radio are you currently using you said 2 and a half days? im getting 2 and a half hours!!!!!!

please help lol im using the latest radio provided by the tmo US upgrade.

thanks in advance.

Grey Area

Mar 10, 2008
Which files are recommended for a T-mobile UK HTC HD2 if I want to try and install Android on it?

Also, I want Android to install from the SD card - I read somewhere that some 16GB cards don't work so well - I need to buy a bigger one than my current 2GB anyway (TomTom is hogging most of that) but I don't want to buy one that ends up not working.

Hoping you can help (by the way use small words 'cos I'm very new at this)

kurt-willems

Jan 15, 2009
ANS
Which files are recommended for a T-mobile UK HTC HD2 if I want to try and install Android on it?

Also, I want Android to install from the SD card - I read somewhere that some 16GB cards don't work so well - I need to buy a bigger one than my current 2GB anyway (TomTom is hogging most of that) but I don't want to buy one that ends up not working.

Hoping you can help (by the way use small words 'cos I'm very new at this)

Radio 2.12 and 2.15 are working fine in combination with android sir.
SD cards from 8GB also.

Grey Area

Mar 10, 2008
Thanks for the advice on files...but as I said I'm very new...do I run the CustomRUU file from my Windows PC or on the phone itself somewhere? If I run it on my PC, should I have the phone connected via ActiveSync or as a disk drive?

Thanks!

kurt-willems

Jan 15, 2009
ANS
Thanks for the advice on files...but as I said I'm very new...do I run the CustomRUU file from my Windows PC or on the phone itself somewhere? If I run it on my PC, should I have the phone connected via ActiveSync or as a disk drive?

Thanks!

Yeah, you need to run it from your PC.

- Connect your device by Active Sync and launch the CustomRUU as administrator.

Maybe this can help you also.
Ps, everyone was born without knowledge, it's something we learn by doing it:cool:

Grey Area

Mar 10, 2008
OK - first issue...little red box that says I need HSPL on my device first...where to get that from? I did a web search but there (again) seems to be about 1,000 different versions...

If you could link me to one that you know works I'd appreciate it...

Also, from viewing that video my phone has;

ROM version 1.66.405.2 (76641) WWE
Radio version 2.07.52.22_2

What are my chances of getting Android to work without doing any flashing?

Last edited:

kurt-willems

Jan 15, 2009
ANS
OK - first issue...little red box that says I need HSPL on my device first...where to get that from? I did a web search but there (again) seems to be about 1,000 different versions...

If you could link me to one that you know works I'd appreciate it...

Also, from viewing that video my phone has;

ROM version 1.66.405.2 (76641) WWE
Radio version 2.07.52.22_2

What are my chances of getting Android to work without doing any flashing?

Here you have the link about HSPL sir:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=611433

If I was you I take HSPL2 and set the HSPL value to 1.66

You can't run Android with Radio 2.07 so you need to do something. :eek:

Ps; maybe you didn't think about this option; but if you don't have a branded device you can maybe upgrade your Rom version to the new one. (3.14.405.2 WWE) in this case you don't need to install HSPL neater upgrade your Radio version, because new Stock Rom 3.14 have Radio 2.15 integrated.

Grey Area

Mar 10, 2008
I've tried an "official" ROM upgrade but the HTC site won't let me download it when I use my serial number - I'm assuming that means I don't have an unbranded version, and that T-mobile have "crippled" my phone in the same way that Sky cripple their Netgear routers.

Thanks for all the advice! Once I get a bigger microSD card I'm going to give it a go. I hope you can continue to help me when I'm crying my eyes out because I've broken it!

Last edited:

kurt-willems

Jan 15, 2009
ANS
I've tried an "official" ROM upgrade but the HTC site won't let me download it when I use my serial number - I'm assuming that means I don't have an unbranded version, and that T-mobile have "crippled" my phone in the same way that Sky cripple their Netgear routers.

Thanks for all the advice! Once I get a bigger microSD card I'm going to give it a go. I hope you can continue to help me when I'm crying my eyes out because I've broken it!

Yes, it seems that you have a branded device.

Your welcome sir; we are all here to help each other. :cool:

pr0x2

Mar 22, 2010
I installed x15 but it goes like this: 5mins it works perfectly and than I got 5mins of no connection at all and than again 5mins it works perfectly.

I want to fix it because my battery life is waaaaaaay better with the newest radio.

joker.mn

Nov 16, 2008
i need help on wirelesslan and radiorom as you can read in these two threads related to wlan and radioroms: :/ sadly, noone was able to help me so far. maybe people reading this thread can help me.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=9282863#post9282863
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9352359&postcount=255

My wirelesslan chip does not work.
Is there any chance this is due to the radio rom used?
Should i use the riphone.dll to fix it?

which radio rom would you suggest for solving these wlan problems?

wallace1

Jun 17, 2010
Santa Cruz
Hello everyone! I need some tips.. I have an HD2 LEO, I live in Miami-FL well Im using Energy rom and 2.15.xx.. radio, And I have installed Tytungs build and Im having battery drains I wast like 10% of my baterry in 1 hour in standby, If there is someone who can help I will be grateful! I hope somebody help me with that problem!

I installed x15 but it goes like this: 5mins it works perfectly and than I got 5mins of no connection at all and than again 5mins it works perfectly.

I want to fix it because my battery life is waaaaaaay better with the newest radio.

Try disabling GSM/3G switch. Go to Settings -> Wireless Controls. Put 3G - Change to auto mode to off. It will remain on GSM only and it won't try to switch to 3G when available or needed. If you are not using a mobile data plan, it would be perfect (I am only using WIFI).

Hello everyone! I need some tips.. I have an HD2 LEO, I live in Miami-FL well Im using Energy rom and 2.15.xx.. radio, And I have installed Tytungs build and Im having battery drains I wast like 10% of my baterry in 1 hour in standby, If there is someone who can help I will be grateful! I hope somebody help me with that problem!

The battery drain can have a lot of reasons. It could be that your SD card is the problem. Are you using Internet connection? Try another build. Try changing your kernel.

triniboi

Dec 20, 2008
United Kingdom
Recommended Radio for Trinidad & Tobago (Caribbean)

Hi guys at the moment I'm using Duttys HD2 ROM Family V7 and Radio_2.15.50.14. I live in the UK where it works fine on both Windows Mobile & Android. When I'm in Trinidad it does not work that well in Android, but works ok in Windows Mobile.

The mobile provider there is Bmobile. Is there anywhere I can find information for recommended radios for this region?

Cheers.

RainesX

Nov 4, 2008
Karlshamn
how do i know if i need to upgrade the riphone.dll and what riphone.dll to use if upgrade is needed/usefull?
i run stock wm6.5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the Eugenia Radios Project Thread!

So... I've extracted the Radio ROMs from all the HTC stock ROMs out there and I'm giving you the download link for these, in case you want to flash only the RADIO ROM!

Downloads:
    Leo_RADIO_2.15.50.14**: MultiUpload
    Leo_RADIO_2.14.50.02**: MegaUpload
    Leo_RADIO_2.12.50.02_2: MegaUpload
    Leo_RADIO_2.11.50.26**: MegaUpload
    Leo_RADIO_2.11.50.20**: MegaUpload
    Leo_RADIO_2.10.50.28_2: MegaUpload
    Leo_RADIO_2.10.50.26**: MegaUpload
    Leo_RADIO_2.10.50.19_2: MegaUpload
    Leo_RADIO_2.08.50.05**: MegaUpload
    Leo_RADIO_2.07.51.22_2: MegaUpload

Leo_RADIO_15.37.50.07U_2.10.50.08_2 (from KR_1.74.911.2): MegaUpload - 4Shared - RS (Mod edit - added 04/21/10 by Digital Outcast)
    Leo_RADIO_15.36.50.07U_2.09.50.29_2 (from TMOUS_2.11): MegaUpload - RS (Mod edit - added 04/21/10 by Digital Outcast)
    Leo_RADIO_15.34.50.07U_2.08.50.08 **(from TMOUS 2.09): MegaUpload - RS
    Leo_RADIO_15.33.50.07U_2.07.50.27 **(from TMOUS 2.07): MegaUpload - RS
    Leo_RADIO_15.??.??.??U_2.06.50.23 **(from TMOUS 2.05?): MegaUpload - MediaFire
    Leo_RADIO_15.29.50.07U_2.06.50.04 **(from TMOUS 2.02): MegaUpload - RapidShare
    Leo_RADIO_15.28.50.07U_2.05.50.11 **(from TMOUS 2.01): MegaUpload - RapidShare
    Leo_RADIO_15.36.50.07U_2.09.51.03 **(from HTC **1.72): MegaUpload
    Leo_RADIO_15.31.50.07U_2.07.51.05 **(from HTC **???? ): MegaUpload - RS
    Leo_RADIO_15.30.50.07U_2.06.51.07 **(from HTCWT 1.61): MegaUpload - RapidShare
    Leo_RADIO_15.28.50.07U_2.05.51.05_2 (from HTC ** 1.48): MegaUpload - RapidShare
    Leo_RADIO_15.26.50.07U_2.04.50_22_2(from HTC ** 1.43): MegaUpload - RapidShare

Thanks to zaharakis for the RapidShare mirrors :)

Rilphone.dll:

Installing:
    For installing a RADIO ROM you need HardSPL installed to your device.
    Rename the extracted file to "RUU_Signed.nbh" and flash with the CustomRUU: it won't hardreset your device.

FAQ:
    *-What is the .7z extension? How can I decompress it?
    * The .7z extension is a 7-Zip compressed file. You can decompress it with the latest version of almost every (de)compression software. Anyway, the best for decompressing 7z files is 7-Zip (Freeware).

*-What is a Radio ROM?
    * The Radio ROM is the software part of your device that is powering on/off and controlling your radio interfaces. This includes Bluetooth, 2G/3G Phone, WiFi, GPS..... And it also includes the OEMSBL (Radio BootLoader) and other device specific firmwares needed for using your radio interfaces and for interfacing them with the OS (Windows Mobile/Android).

*-What is rilphone.dll?
    * rilphone.dll is a Windows Mobile "driver" that tells to your OS what are the commands suitable for your Radio ROM. When a new Radio ROM is released, sometimes a new rilphone.dll will come with it because a new radio may contain a new command for a different scope (battery optimization, best signal calibration, etc..)

*-How can I install a new rilphone.dll to my already installed ROM?
    * You can make a CAB or use Resco Explorer... However, it has to be put in \Windows\ directory (and, of course, you need to reboot after the installation!)

*-Why change rilphone.dll?
    * Replacing your rilphone.dll is a dangerous task and it should be done only if you experience real problems with your current one. Remember that rilphone is an essential library for your phone to work correctly, so.. you can break the phone part of your ROM or make it to work correctly with your current radio (but in any case this can't break your device's hardware). In short, replace it only if you know what are you doing!!

Happy flashing!

The Eugenia Project Developer
    -kholk
    mega upload thread is shut down... pls provide us some other mirror site... pls

http://www.xda-developers.com/feature/megaupload-com-has-been-shut-down/

Sir, i just want to let you know that the all the link in HD2 MAster Radio thread is given the download from Megaupload... but i hope you may b aware that the MEGAUPLOAD has been shutdown forever...

the given all links are from Megaupload but i cant download from that.. it showing an error msg as UNABLE to OPEN

i will provide mirrors.

EDIT: Links removed again because other mirrors are available.

HTC HD2 Radio Roms
    HTC HD2 RADIO ROMS (tmous hd2 users DONT flash any of those roms! 2.XX.51.XX roms bricks tmous-hd2!)

Leo_Radio_2.15.50.14 (3.14 htc) recommended for htc hd2
    Leo_Radio_2.12.50.02 (3.04 taiwan)
    Leo_Radio_2.11.50.26 (3.02 htc test)
    Leo_Radio_2.11.50.20 (3.01 htc test)
    Leo_Radio_2.10.50.28 (1.78 korea test)
    Leo_Radio_2.10.50.19 (1.77 korea)
    Leo_Radio_2.10.50.08 (1.74 korea)
    Leo_Radio_2.09.51.03 (1.73 dopod)
    Leo_Radio_2.07.51.22 (1.66 htc)
    Leo_Radio_2.07.51.05 (X.XX ?)
    Leo_Radio_2.06.51.07 (1.66 htc test)
    Leo_Radio_2.05.51.05 (1.48 htc)
    Leo_Radio_2.05.50.11 (2.01 tmous test)
    Leo_Radio_2.04.50.22 (1.43 htc)

TMOUS HD2 RADIO ROMS (tmous hd2 users only flash the following roms!)

Leo_Radio_2.15.50.14 (3.14 tmous) recommended for tmous hd2
    Leo_Radio_2.14.50.04 (3.14 tmous)
    Leo_Radio_2.10.50.26 (2.13 tmous)
    Leo_Radio_2.09.50.29 (2.11 tmous test)
    Leo_Radio_2.08.50.08 (2.09 tmous test)
    Leo_Radio_2.08.50.05 (2.08 tmous test)
    Leo_Radio_2.07.50.27 (2.07 tmous test)
    Leo_Radio_2.06.50.04 (2.02 tmous test)

thanks to everyone for dumping and creating the nbh's (3.14 htc rebuilt nbh myself).
    i also renamed all nbh's and repacked them into rar's with equal name for overview.

hspl is needed to flash the radio roms independent from main rom.
    leoadvancedruu highly advised to flash radio rom without hard-reset.

for now, those can be used until kholk reuploads them elsewhere.
    please hit the thanks button if you use my links. thanks.

enjoy
    multiupload just wants me to install their terrible malware download manager, and megaupload links are dead. anyone know where to find working links?

HD2 Wiki
    RADIO Mirrors added

Hello everyone,
    i'd just like to inform you that i have added all Radios mirrored by HD2Owner (thank you, Sir!) to my own MediaFire HD2 Repository, which anyone may access to their liking. The Link is in my Signature.
    By the looks of it, the 2.09 Radio versions are gone from HD2Owner's mirror, so i cannot provide links to them either. I suppose they must be flawed or something.
    Hope it helps anyway.
    I didn't check if the actual download link was still good. I have re-uploaded an archive with both radios http://www.multiupload.nl/3AXAACB5CG, just flash the radio that doesn't say TMOUS :)