[DEV][WIP][ROM] JellyBean for Samsung Vibrant- TAJB (Build 1 - Alpha)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ali1276

Jan 11, 2011
DFW
FROM THE MODERATOR:
Read this carefully This is not a working Rom but Rather an Pre-Alpha JB work in progress only

~~~Oka1~~~
Finally, the moment we have all been waiting for! Jelly Bean on our Samsung Vibrant presented by Team Android JellyBean!​

Team Members:
ali1276
FaultException
mkalter (i9000 forums)
capez (i9000 forums)

Disclaimer:

If you are not an experienced flasher, you should probably not flash this to your phone, that being said, I am not responsible if you brick your phone flashing this, if you drop your phone with excitement after flashing this, or if anything goes wrong.

Information:

This is not a daily driver, and if you flash this onto your phone with the intent of it being your daily driver, well then, lets just say that you have some learning to do. Also, please keep this thread clean. IF YOU WANT TO SAY THANKS, CLICK THE THANKS BUTTON INSTEAD OF POSTING “THANKS”! Let us try to keep this thread focused on the development of Jelly Bean for our Samsung Vibrant. If you post unhelpful posts, I will ask for them to be deleted by oka1.

What is working?
• Touchscreen
• GPU
• Buttons w/ haptic feedback
• Project Butter
• ADB

What is not working?
• WiFi
• GSM
• Audio
• Everything else you can name

Download:

N/A

Change log is in 2nd post

Flashing Instructions:

1. Make sure you are coming from an ICS ROM
2. Go into CWM Recovery
3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
4. Flash the ROM from your SD Card
5. ENJOY!

Credits

Entire TAJB team: mkalter, capez, FaultException and myself
Nasif619
Stratosk
DerTeufel1980

Last edited by a moderator:

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
HOLY MOTHER OF GUFHGwhaeghgskjhihgfkhgskhgkhgs

Thank you!!!
I will most certainly not try this today, but hell yes!!!
Project Butter works too?!?!!??!?!
momhgdrojgdojhgosjhodh *jizz*

Just curious, I will be able to flash this from a Miui V4(ICS) rom and then go back onto Miui using my nandroid backup afterwards, correct? Downloading now, flashing tomorrow.

P.S. I also got this video from I9000 forums, with JB port, you may want to think to this video as it teaches people how to flash etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: imilleson
D

DinoSoup

Holy ****. Quick, pat this guy on the back!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda app-developers app

jnusz

Feb 3, 2011
FE, I think it's awesome that you put in so much of your time to not only maintain CM9 for us on the vibrant but to also flash and do some testing on other roms.

I wish I had the kind of time you seem to have.
To everyone working on this rom... Keep up the nice work on this rom, I look forward to seeing JB on the Vibrant since the manufacturers aren't willing to put forth the effort for us.

Reactions: FaultException
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FROM THE MODERATOR:
    Read this carefully This is not a working Rom but Rather an Pre-Alpha JB work in progress only

~~~Oka1~~~
    Finally, the moment we have all been waiting for! Jelly Bean on our Samsung Vibrant presented by Team Android JellyBean!​

Team Members:
    ali1276
    FaultException
    mkalter (i9000 forums)
    capez (i9000 forums)

Disclaimer:

If you are not an experienced flasher, you should probably not flash this to your phone, that being said, I am not responsible if you brick your phone flashing this, if you drop your phone with excitement after flashing this, or if anything goes wrong.

Information:

This is not a daily driver, and if you flash this onto your phone with the intent of it being your daily driver, well then, lets just say that you have some learning to do. Also, please keep this thread clean. IF YOU WANT TO SAY THANKS, CLICK THE THANKS BUTTON INSTEAD OF POSTING “THANKS”! Let us try to keep this thread focused on the development of Jelly Bean for our Samsung Vibrant. If you post unhelpful posts, I will ask for them to be deleted by oka1.

What is working?
    • Touchscreen
    • GPU
    • Buttons w/ haptic feedback
    • Project Butter
    • ADB

What is not working?
    • WiFi
    • GSM
    • Audio
    • Everything else you can name

Download:

N/A

Change log is in 2nd post

Flashing Instructions:

1. Make sure you are coming from an ICS ROM
    2. Go into CWM Recovery
    3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    4. Flash the ROM from your SD Card
    5. ENJOY!

Credits

Entire TAJB team: mkalter, capez, FaultException and myself
    Nasif619
    Stratosk
    DerTeufel1980
    Guys,
    Do not worry, I am still working on it. I have gotten WiFi, Bluetooth, and audio fixed. All that is left is GSM and then I will release an update. I am working on a source build.
    Things we are working on (in that order)

1. Internal/External Storage
    2. WiFi
    3. GSM
    4. Bluetooth
    5. Audio
    6. GPS
    Sup gents! Yeah, I still lurk around here sometimes, and have been following this thread a bit. I'm wondering if I might be able to help with the sd mounting.

Back in the early ICZen days, when it was a Crespo port, I was manually fixing the sd mounting to show and mount both sd's. I'm downloading the alpha now so I can take a look at the services and framework-res, and see if I can help y'all out. No promises, but I'll give it that ol' college try.

EDIT - In yours guys testing, have you also been editing the framework-res/res/xml/storage_list.xml? I notice in the alpha its only got the string for the sd, and not the one for the emmc mounting.

EDIT 2 - I got it to boot with an edited framework-res and services.jar, but sysui and settings are fcing on me. Think I'm making progress maybe, gonna try a few more things after dinner.

EDIT 3 - I'm trying, and still failing. Got her booting now, sysui working, but settings is still throwing an fc when I go into storage. I'm running out of time tonight, about to go pick up the gf so I have to put this down for now, I'll pick it back up when I can, and keep an eye on the progress over here.
    Thanks, do you mind uploading the framework-res and services.jar. Also, yes I was editing the storage_list.xml in framework-res.

What I have so far isn't working, I was trying a rush job before I went to pick up my girlie, and wasn't paying that much attention to what I was trying. I don't want to upload it cause its probably way off base and confuse the issue. I'll give it a more detailed run this weekend when I get some time, and upload for you what I have at that point, working or not.

I also tried just the services.jar they used in the i9000 build and it didn't work, I wonder if its really fixed in that rom. It would boot fine, but nothing mounted.

Sorry for getting off topic but I had to say this.
    Brick your awesome, please help out where you can so that us people that are holding onto the vibrant can continue to show it still has life and can fight the good fight.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

I may not be over here much, but I'm still highly active in Vibrant development on another site. I love how these two year old phones can handle the newest OS's, and outperform many newer devices. Just with ICS, not including this JB, we are running a newer firmware build than the SGS3 ships with out of the box. Gotta love it, and with this many people still rocking it and building for it, Vibrant development is far from dead. I think we have more people building for the Vibe now than we did when I started in pre-EDT days.

Sorry ali, back on topic now. :)

Sent from the ICZen Experience