Camera crashes every time I launch it. (caused by LastPass)

Search This thread

murf43143

Oct 29, 2007
*Edit 2* This is apparenly caused by "LastPass" which I just enabled prior to this crashing. Thank you to EddyOS for helping me out.

Good morning, *crazy realization / edit down below*

I just got my HTC One M8 yesterday and it is really nice, but one problem is that every time I click the camera app button, or launch the camera from the lock screen, I get this crash every single time.

I have reboot my phone, not installed anything weird or crazy, and this is just nonstop happening.

The only way I can actually get to my camera and use it, is if I turn t he phone off, flip the phone 90 degrees so I’m holding it like a camera, and pressing the volume down button to do the quick launch camera.

Everything else I try to get to the camera with crashes.

This is beyond frustrating.

Thank you for your time,
-----------------------
*Edit 1 - I realized that whenever I am holding the camera in "landscape mode" it works fine and doesn't crash / launches fine. As soon as I 'stand the phone up tall" it will crash. I can even launch the camera anytime if I am holding it in landscape mode when I press the camera app and it opens fine. As soon as I stand the phone up the camera crashes! This is the worst bug I have ever had in a phone and is starting to make me regret going with HTC again (going on 7 years straight with HTC but I feel let down).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-28-08-30-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-28-08-30-46.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

animaleyes76

May 23, 2011
Prague
Good morning, *crazy realization / edit down below*

I just got my HTC One M8 yesterday and it is really nice, but one problem is that every time I click the camera app button, or launch the camera from the lock screen, I get this crash every single time.

I have reboot my phone, not installed anything weird or crazy, and this is just nonstop happening.

The only way I can actually get to my camera and use it, is if I turn t he phone off, flip the phone 90 degrees so I’m holding it like a camera, and pressing the volume down button to do the quick launch camera.

Everything else I try to get to the camera with crashes.

This is beyond frustrating.

Thank you for your time,
-----------------------
*Edit 1 - I realized that whenever I am holding the camera in "landscape mode" it works fine and doesn't crash / launches fine. As soon as I 'stand the phone up tall" it will crash. I can even launch the camera anytime if I am holding it in landscape mode when I press the camera app and it opens fine. As soon as I stand the phone up the camera crashes! This is the worst bug I have ever had in a phone and is starting to make me regret going with HTC again (going on 7 years straight with HTC but I feel let down).

Factory reset?

murf43143

Oct 29, 2007

If I had to factory reset this phone less than 12 hours after I received it in order to get the most basic functionality out of it, this sucker is going back and it will be the first time in 6+ years I have not gone with an HTC Flagship.

Nice phone but very disappointed with a few things (this crash is beyond making me mad) and this is coming from an HTC fanboy. I just can’t stand to see Samsung be the only ones with no competition thus bringing down quality for everyone which was the main reason I support HTC as well as their innovation. This just sucks though.

animaleyes76

May 23, 2011
Prague
personally i'd reset it.. if it happened again i'd agree with you.

Tech is tech.. sometimes things go wrong. I've not seen a single other user with the same problem.

good luck :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's LastPass causing the issue, there is another thread saying so elsewhere on here