[Q] playing music on the s5

Search This thread

lws96

Jan 1, 2014
Hello all. If there is a thread about this I apologize. I got the Samsung Galaxy s5 on the sprint network the day it came out. This is considered a major upgrade ti my previous phone - LG p504. I am learning alot about what this phone can do. One thing I cannot seem to figure out is playing music. With the purchase of the s5 is a free month of Google play. I have tried streaming and saving the music locally so I can listen away from home and save on my data plan. I have tried streaming to a Bluetooth device, the headphones that came with the device, and even aloud with no headphones and Google play will stop playing the music anywhere from 20 seconds into a song to 30 minutes. I have turned off vibration and movement controls for music and I am at a loss to what could possibly be causing it. Everyone it stops I look for things like notifications or other activity that might interrupt it and can't find anything.

Any ideas what could be causing it or what to try to resolve it?

hemander

Feb 5, 2014
Hello all. If there is a thread about this I apologize. I got the Samsung Galaxy s5 on the sprint network the day it came out. This is considered a major upgrade ti my previous phone - LG p504. I am learning alot about what this phone can do. One thing I cannot seem to figure out is playing music. With the purchase of the s5 is a free month of Google play. I have tried streaming and saving the music locally so I can listen away from home and save on my data plan. I have tried streaming to a Bluetooth device, the headphones that came with the device, and even aloud with no headphones and Google play will stop playing the music anywhere from 20 seconds into a song to 30 minutes. I have turned off vibration and movement controls for music and I am at a loss to what could possibly be causing it. Everyone it stops I look for things like notifications or other activity that might interrupt it and can't find anything.

Any ideas what could be causing it or what to try to resolve it?

Have you tried uninstalling it and installing it again?

lws96

Jan 1, 2014
Sorry for the delay. Just figuring out how to reply using the app.

I tried uninstalling which actually just roll back the updates. Didn't seem to help. Today I reset to factory and lost a small bit of data, but seems to be working better. Will try it out again tomorrow and see. I did notice that the issues I described happened with Google music as well as the internal music player so maybe it was a process that disappeared or your corrupted.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app