[Q] Can I remove radio .zip from Cyanogenmod 10.2?

Search This thread

JACKc2402

Jan 24, 2014
So I flashed my HTC Droid DNA to Page Plus Cellular. That worked out all fine and dandy, however, the guy I paid to do this service for me warned me that if I flash a custom ROM it would break the radio flash. I had actually pre-flashed Cyanogenmod prior to flashing PPC, but he had me restore stock Andriod because, evidently, Cyanogenmods 10 and 11 do not include DIAG mode. So, my quesion is, IF I remove whatever .zip from the Cyanogenmod package that contains radio information, AND THEN flash Cyanogenmod using TWRP, would this break my carrier flash to PPC??? Thanks in advance for any help.

enigma2446

Jan 12, 2013
Florence, Montana
Google Pixel 6
So I flashed my HTC Droid DNA to Page Plus Cellular. That worked out all fine and dandy, however, the guy I paid to do this service for me warned me that if I flash a custom ROM it would break the radio flash. I had actually pre-flashed Cyanogenmod prior to flashing PPC, but he had me restore stock Andriod because, evidently, Cyanogenmods 10 and 11 do not include DIAG mode. So, my quesion is, IF I remove whatever .zip from the Cyanogenmod package that contains radio information, AND THEN flash Cyanogenmod using TWRP, would this break my carrier flash to PPC??? Thanks in advance for any help.

In theory it should work..... replace the cm10 radio with the ppc radio(if compatible with cm) then flash as normal. It's not suggested you do this but it is interesting I would look into flashing radios and such first and make a backup of it current radio and all necessary files along with it... And always make a nandroid before you flash anything just in case... Although I could be wrong I'm not sure I don't mess with radios much...... (all in the name of discovery)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

enigma2446

Jan 12, 2013
Florence, Montana
Google Pixel 6
Ok edit: was doing some research I guess you can do it to any rom except cm based (unless you get the cm team help you because I'm sure it's possible) was looking around The threads and found how to flash to Page Plus and resulting working on custom Rom.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk