Android Illuminati (stock) rom. For that stock feel with all the rooted goodness

Search This thread

kurtg

Aug 22, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Does anyone have any feedback on the rom good or bad?

Been using it since Saturday. So far, so good. Seems quick, everything seems to be working fine. I have had one reboot, but have had that with other roms. Overall,I think I will stick with it for a bit.

I tried building roms with my Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2, and didn't have much luck so I appreciate the work all developers put into their work.

Kurt

Desdoulas

Jun 9, 2011
Shafter
Does anyone have any feedback on the rom good or bad?

Been using it since Saturday. So far, so good. Seems quick, everything seems to be working fine. I have had one reboot, but have had that with other roms. Overall,I think I will stick with it for a bit.

I tried building roms with my Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2, and didn't have much luck so I appreciate the work all developers put into their work.

Kurt

Thanks for the feedback. We will be putting another one out soon

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

nYdGeo

Jun 16, 2010
New Orleans
I pm you a kitchen download if you need help getting started let me know

Bless the friendly, helpful, and supportive devs out there. With all of the ugliness and negativity that has permeated xda, its the good folks in the mix that keeps me coming here.

And of course, thank you for sharing your efforts with the community!

P.S: what the heck, I just thought of a question. Though I appreciate the flexibility of deodexed ROMs, I find that odexed ROMs are, at least on my phone, much snappier responding and faster overall.

A while back some kind, brilliant dev made one of the early Kingdom-based Sense 3.0 ROMs for the Evo 4G, tweaked it to perfection, put an excellent theme on it, and then re-odexed it. This thing was so huge that without a2sd you had like 80MB of internal free right after the flash. But, using dta2sd it was no big deal.

The main thing is this: though it didn't benchmark impressively due to the weight of the UI, in day to day use that ROM was like AOSP, evo-deck quick, smooth, etc. It played the demanding "Avatar" game just as well as AOSP ROMs that benchmarked 50% higher in score.

I know...where's the bloody question! (Sorry about that.) Can you tell me if its very difficult to re-odex a ROM? I once read that one could take a ROM, theme it, etc., and then re-odex it using adb...but though I use Linux (in a fashion) and am an Android flash-a-holic, I truly know nothing about cooking a ROM, odexing, etc. Any info that you would not mind sharing is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time, and Happy Holidays!

Desdoulas

Jun 9, 2011
Shafter
Bless the friendly, helpful, and supportive devs out there. With all of the ugliness and negativity that has permeated xda, its the good folks in the mix that keeps me coming here.

P.S: what the heck, I just thought of a question. Though I appreciate the flexibility of deodexed ROMs, I find that odexed ROMs are, at least on my phone, much snappier responding and faster overall.

A while back some kind, brilliant dev made one of the early Kingdom-based Sense 3.0 ROMs for the Evo 4G, tweaked it to perfection, put an excellent theme on it, and then re-odexed it. This thing was so huge that without a2sd you had like 80MB of internal free right after the flash. But, using dta2sd it was no big deal.

The main thing is this: though it didn't benchmark impressively due to the weight of the UI, in day to day use that ROM was like AOSP, evo-deck quick, smooth, etc. It played the demanding "Avatar" game just as well as AOSP ROMs that benchmarked 50% higher in score.

I know...where's the bloody question! (Sorry about that.) Can you tell me if its very difficult to re-odex a ROM? I once read that one could take a ROM, theme it, etc., and then re-odex it using adb...but though I use Linux (in a fashion) and am an Android flash-a-holic, I truly know nothing about cooking a ROM, odexing, etc. Any info that you would not mind sharing is greatly appreciated.

Its is very easy to deodex or un-deodex its as easy as pushing a few keys and waiting for the kitchen to do its thing.

Desdoulas

Jun 9, 2011
Shafter

I guess that didn't really answer your question. To do that ill explain why this rom is the way it is. I've had custom roms that I have liked before but there was always something in them I wanted to tweak a bit. Like too much custom stuff when simple is always better to me. I like that clean look. But what the reason I did the rom the way it is was to make it easy for someone to customize it to there liking. With everything deodexed along with system apps its easy for someone to use say (ninjamorph) to customize there apps and there framework as they see fit. That's where I started in my wanting and learning to dev. I wanted to make it easy for someone new in mods to make what they have there own. Really think about it. What pro would download a (stock) rom even as optimized as I have made this one. So I hope that answers your question. If not let me know

nYdGeo

Jun 16, 2010
New Orleans
I guess that didn't really answer your question. To do that ill explain why this rom is the way it is. I've had custom roms that I have liked before but there was always something in them I wanted to tweak a bit. Like too much custom stuff when simple is always better to me. I like that clean look. But what the reason I did the rom the way it is was to make it easy for someone to customize it to there liking. With everything deodexed along with system apps its easy for someone to use say (ninjamorph) to customize there apps and there framework as they see fit. That's where I started in my wanting and learning to dev. I wanted to make it easy for someone new in mods to make what they have there own. Really think about it. What pro would download a (stock) rom even as optimized as I have made this one. So I hope that answers your question. If not let me know

An absolutely brilliant, informative answer, and more or less exactly as I thought. I'm looking for a ROM such as this one, to so just that. Maybe learn to do a bit of customizing (I prefer a simpler, cleaner look as well) to get it right where I want it, and then I'd like to obtain a working kitchen and learn how to odex my finished product. All in time.

Thank you for your time and the education. Have a Happy Holiday Season!

Desdoulas

Jun 9, 2011
Shafter
An absolutely brilliant, informative answer, and more or less exactly as I thought. I'm looking for a ROM such as this one, to so just that. Maybe learn to do a bit of customizing (I prefer a simpler, cleaner look as well) to get it right where I want it, and then I'd like to obtain a working kitchen and learn how to odex my finished product. All in time.

Thank you for your time and the education. Have a Happy Holiday Season!

I sent you a pm. That's everything you need to know to make tour first rom. Download everything and read full instructions before you install anything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TEAM ANDROID ILLUMINATI
    ad8a764c-7fb8-9d1a.jpg

ad8a764c-7340-43bc.jpg

Team
    DESDOULAS
    DR.EVO
    IHAVEANEVO4G

Direct Download
    http://db.tt/m1mBv7Uk

VIDEO REVIEW
    By IhaveAnEvo4G
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdB67HS5qlc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Android 2.3.3
    Rooted (superuser.apk +su)
    Unsecured boot .Img
    Busybox installed
    Busybox run-parts
    Apps to SD enabled
    Data/app enabled
    Custom boot allowed
    Nano text editor installed
    Bash shell support
    Framework is deodexed
    System app is deodexed
    Plus a few extra apps;-)

Edit:
    This is a optimized stock rom (stock) looks.

63cbf93c-18a0-e0ee.jpg

Everything works
    congrats on your release. nice to see new people cooking!
    Thank-you. I've been doing alot of mods for family and friends. We got a team together and want to do something fun

That sounds awesome I try to get my family into Androids but they think I'm crazy lol.
    I Always wanna know..... What DOESNT work in the rom

Its not a alpha,beta,or a (wip) everything works ;-)

Nice ,I love that there are new devs popping up for our OG EVO .
    Thanks for your contribution.