[OBSOLETE] unofficial CyanogenMod 9/ClockworkMod Recovery 5 for Allwinner A10 devices

Search This thread

nyarnon

Apr 29, 2007
@fun tried several CWM from your storage inclusing the latest beta. But somehow I turn up with a TV complaining that it can't find a signal. Probably overlooking something but I haven't got a clue where to start searching if I cannot get it to display.

Last edited:

Christian Troy

Sep 25, 2008
Venice (IT)
_fun
i've seen that turl made some progresses and imported his patches (quarx did the same thing) and it booted, obviously cedar is missing because of its precompiled static libraries that call ICS functions... maybe we could hijack the jb code to match those ics functions but it'd be a really ugly workaround...

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
@fun tried several CWM from your storage inclusing the latest beta. But somehow I turn up with a TV complaining that it can't find a signal. Probably overlooking something but I haven't got a clue where to start searching if I cannot get it to display.

I think you need to explain detail... at least about your A10 device and your TV before trying random things.

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
_fun
i've seen that turl made some progresses and imported his patches (quarx did the same thing) and it booted, obviously cedar is missing because of its precompiled static libraries that call ICS functions... maybe we could hijack the jb code to match those ics functions but it'd be a really ugly workaround...

https://github.com/Quarx2k/android_external_cedarx/commits/jellybean/
I thought M1cha and Quark2k are doing something for cedarx... this one is not worked yet?
(I don't try/understand their changes yet)

Christian Troy

Sep 25, 2008
Venice (IT)
this just let cedar compile (i did the same thing a couple of weeks ago), cedar fails here (while linking the static libraries):

Code:
target SharedLib: libCedarX (out/target/product/907/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libCedarX_intermediates/LINKED/libCedarX.so)
/mnt/500G/A10/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./external/cedarx/CedarX/../CedarAndroidLib/LIB_ICS_F23/libcedarxrender.a(subtitle_render_android.o): in function android::CedarXSub::startRender():(.text._ZN7android9CedarXSub11startRenderEv+0xdc): error: undefined reference to 'SkCanvas::setBitmapDevice(SkBitmap const&, bool)'
/mnt/500G/A10/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./external/cedarx/CedarX/../CedarAndroidLib/LIB_ICS_F23/libcedarxrender.a(subtitle_render_android.o): in function android::CedarXSub::startRenderRegion(int, int, int, int):(.text._ZN7android9CedarXSub17startRenderRegionEiiii+0x118): error: undefined reference to 'SkCanvas::setBitmapDevice(SkBitmap const&, bool)'
/mnt/500G/A10/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./external/cedarx/CedarX/../CedarAndroidLib/LIB_ICS_F23/libcedarxrender.a(subtitle_render_android.o): in function android::CedarXSub::CedarXSub(int, int, int, int):(.text._ZN7android9CedarXSubC1Eiiii+0x22c): error: undefined reference to 'SkCanvas::SkCanvas(SkDeviceFactory*)'
/mnt/500G/A10/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./external/cedarx/CedarX/../CedarAndroidLib/LIB_ICS_F23/libcedarxrender.a(subtitle_render_android.o): in function android::CedarXSub::convertUniCode(SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF*):(.text._ZN7android9CedarXSub14convertUniCodeEP17SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF+0x170): error: undefined reference to 'ucnv_open_46'
/mnt/500G/A10/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./external/cedarx/CedarX/../CedarAndroidLib/LIB_ICS_F23/libcedarxrender.a(subtitle_render_android.o): in function android::CedarXSub::convertUniCode(SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF*):(.text._ZN7android9CedarXSub14convertUniCodeEP17SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF+0x190): error: undefined reference to 'ucnv_open_46'
/mnt/500G/A10/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./external/cedarx/CedarX/../CedarAndroidLib/LIB_ICS_F23/libcedarxrender.a(subtitle_render_android.o): in function android::CedarXSub::convertUniCode(SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF*):(.text._ZN7android9CedarXSub14convertUniCodeEP17SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF+0x21c): error: undefined reference to 'ucnv_convertEx_46'
/mnt/500G/A10/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./external/cedarx/CedarX/../CedarAndroidLib/LIB_ICS_F23/libcedarxrender.a(subtitle_render_android.o): in function android::CedarXSub::convertUniCode(SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF*):(.text._ZN7android9CedarXSub14convertUniCodeEP17SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF+0x258): error: undefined reference to 'ucnv_close_46'
/mnt/500G/A10/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./external/cedarx/CedarX/../CedarAndroidLib/LIB_ICS_F23/libcedarxrender.a(subtitle_render_android.o): in function android::CedarXSub::convertUniCode(SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF*):(.text._ZN7android9CedarXSub14convertUniCodeEP17SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF+0x260): error: undefined reference to 'ucnv_close_46'
/mnt/500G/A10/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./external/cedarx/CedarX/../CedarAndroidLib/LIB_ICS_F23/libcedarxrender.a(subtitle_render_android.o): in function android::CedarXSub::convertUniCode(SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF*):(.text._ZN7android9CedarXSub14convertUniCodeEP17SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF+0x628): error: undefined reference to 'ucnv_close_46'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [out/target/product/907/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libCedarX_intermediates/LINKED/libCedarX.so]

edit: i've get rid of skia with something really nasty... adding those functions to skia sources, i'll see if it breaks anything (i guess it will, but it's worth a try)... the other thing is from ICU, i'll see where are its' sources and try to do the same thing

probably cedar's subs will be borked but hopefully it will load, allowing camera and hw playback

edit2: that _46 refers to the icu version 4.6 and in JB it's 4.8, i guess replacing the whole icu with ics' will be a total fail

edit3: maybe i've found a less intrusive way... i've renamed ics' icu4c library appending a _ics suffix and linking cedarx to libicuuc_ics, in this way it worked now i'll have to see if it loads... i'm doing a nandroid backup right now

Last edited:

nyarnon

Apr 29, 2007
I think you need to explain detail... at least about your A10 device and your TV before trying random things.

Sorry usally I do supply details but I hoped it was some common mistake. OK lets take it by the tails.

The device is an MK802 the TV a normal Samsung widescreen. I used Kegg's instructions on the rikomagic site. I tried the CWM there and those from your repo ending wit the 4.04 from the 5th of august.

I got the system running clean on en-us-NEW2-ak003.img (latest official china firmware) with kernel:
Linux localhost 3.0.8+ #11 PREEMPT Wed May 23 15:24:39 CST 2012 armv7l GNU/Linux

I installed busybox BusyBox v1.20.2-Stericson (2012-07-04 21:33:31 CDT) and superuser açthough I dont understand where that comes in as the device is factory rooted.

If you want I can send you the original content of the nandg.

After following Keggs procedure to the letter I just keep ending up with No Signal and have to reflash from livesuite which anoys the hell out of me being on Linux.

Anything else you need?

Last edited:

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
The device is an MK802 the TV a normal Samsung widescreen. I used Kegg's instructions on the rikomagic site. I tried the CWM there and those from your repo ending wit the 4.04 from the 5th of august.

I got the system running clean on en-us-NEW2-ak003.img (latest official china firmware) with kernel:
Linux localhost 3.0.8+ #11 PREEMPT Wed May 23 15:24:39 CST 2012 armv7l GNU/Linux

my file for 4.0.4 is for 4.0.4, not for old en-us-NEW2-ak003.img. it may work, but no support.

I guess no usable TV mode can be detected... if you can use adb on CWM, please try to run "dispctl" command on adb shell, or please try another TV.

sorry for late reply.

nyarnon

Apr 29, 2007

my file for 4.0.4 is for 4.0.4, not for old en-us-NEW2-ak003.img. it may work, but no support.

I guess no usable TV mode can be detected... if you can use adb on CWM, please try to run "dispctl" command on adb shell, or please try another TV.

sorry for late reply.

Hmmm, Yes I suppose trying another TV will be the best option here. I will report back with the result.

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
this just let cedar compile (i did the same thing a couple of weeks ago), cedar fails here (while linking the static libraries):

Code:
target SharedLib: libCedarX (out/target/product/907/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libCedarX_intermediates/LINKED/libCedarX.so)
/mnt/500G/A10/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./external/cedarx/CedarX/../CedarAndroidLib/LIB_ICS_F23/libcedarxrender.a(subtitle_render_android.o): in function android::CedarXSub::startRender():(.text._ZN7android9CedarXSub11startRenderEv+0xdc): error: undefined reference to 'SkCanvas::setBitmapDevice(SkBitmap const&, bool)'
/mnt/500G/A10/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./external/cedarx/CedarX/../CedarAndroidLib/LIB_ICS_F23/libcedarxrender.a(subtitle_render_android.o): in function android::CedarXSub::startRenderRegion(int, int, int, int):(.text._ZN7android9CedarXSub17startRenderRegionEiiii+0x118): error: undefined reference to 'SkCanvas::setBitmapDevice(SkBitmap const&, bool)'
/mnt/500G/A10/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./external/cedarx/CedarX/../CedarAndroidLib/LIB_ICS_F23/libcedarxrender.a(subtitle_render_android.o): in function android::CedarXSub::CedarXSub(int, int, int, int):(.text._ZN7android9CedarXSubC1Eiiii+0x22c): error: undefined reference to 'SkCanvas::SkCanvas(SkDeviceFactory*)'
/mnt/500G/A10/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./external/cedarx/CedarX/../CedarAndroidLib/LIB_ICS_F23/libcedarxrender.a(subtitle_render_android.o): in function android::CedarXSub::convertUniCode(SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF*):(.text._ZN7android9CedarXSub14convertUniCodeEP17SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF+0x170): error: undefined reference to 'ucnv_open_46'
/mnt/500G/A10/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./external/cedarx/CedarX/../CedarAndroidLib/LIB_ICS_F23/libcedarxrender.a(subtitle_render_android.o): in function android::CedarXSub::convertUniCode(SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF*):(.text._ZN7android9CedarXSub14convertUniCodeEP17SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF+0x190): error: undefined reference to 'ucnv_open_46'
/mnt/500G/A10/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./external/cedarx/CedarX/../CedarAndroidLib/LIB_ICS_F23/libcedarxrender.a(subtitle_render_android.o): in function android::CedarXSub::convertUniCode(SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF*):(.text._ZN7android9CedarXSub14convertUniCodeEP17SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF+0x21c): error: undefined reference to 'ucnv_convertEx_46'
/mnt/500G/A10/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./external/cedarx/CedarX/../CedarAndroidLib/LIB_ICS_F23/libcedarxrender.a(subtitle_render_android.o): in function android::CedarXSub::convertUniCode(SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF*):(.text._ZN7android9CedarXSub14convertUniCodeEP17SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF+0x258): error: undefined reference to 'ucnv_close_46'
/mnt/500G/A10/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./external/cedarx/CedarX/../CedarAndroidLib/LIB_ICS_F23/libcedarxrender.a(subtitle_render_android.o): in function android::CedarXSub::convertUniCode(SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF*):(.text._ZN7android9CedarXSub14convertUniCodeEP17SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF+0x260): error: undefined reference to 'ucnv_close_46'
/mnt/500G/A10/cm10/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: ./external/cedarx/CedarX/../CedarAndroidLib/LIB_ICS_F23/libcedarxrender.a(subtitle_render_android.o): in function android::CedarXSub::convertUniCode(SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF*):(.text._ZN7android9CedarXSub14convertUniCodeEP17SUBTITLE_ITEM_INF+0x628): error: undefined reference to 'ucnv_close_46'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [out/target/product/907/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libCedarX_intermediates/LINKED/libCedarX.so]

edit: i've get rid of skia with something really nasty... adding those functions to skia sources, i'll see if it breaks anything (i guess it will, but it's worth a try)... the other thing is from ICU, i'll see where are its' sources and try to do the same thing

probably cedar's subs will be borked but hopefully it will load, allowing camera and hw playback

edit2: that _46 refers to the icu version 4.6 and in JB it's 4.8, i guess replacing the whole icu with ics' will be a total fail

edit3: maybe i've found a less intrusive way... i've renamed ics' icu4c library appending a _ics suffix and linking cedarx to libicuuc_ics, in this way it worked now i'll have to see if it loads... i'm doing a nandroid backup right now

https://github.com/allwinnerwk/platform_frameworks_av/tree/jb-exdroid/media/CedarX-Projects
did you already try this one?

(I don't know detail about it...just asking)

dcoelho

Aug 23, 2005
Lisboa
Hi. Is there a CWM recovery. for:
MAPAN MX913 - 9" AllWinner A13 and similars?

I tested some for A10 bt no luck..

Last edited:

didu73

Nov 19, 2012
Hi

Tablet is a Chinese Type Mid 7 "Android OS 4.0, 1.5 GHz processor, 512mb ram and 4 GB of internal memory. Type: A10 Serial:20080411. Disassembled on the motherboard number A291 MID-rev1.0, original rom (???) One day Android boot loop. Nowadays We are beyond about 20-25 rom I tried it on the plane."( sun4i_crane_pfd7__0505 )" This's rom It works well all sensor and touch screen. Display off by 1 cm below the right. Another ROM Display It works well "(sun4i_crane_q701_cpt_20120417 )" all the sensor does not work.I installed a CWM works well. I installed CyanogenMod9 ( ainol NOVO7 Advanced/AdvancedII/Aurora/Elf ) by fun_. I installed CyanogenMod 10 for many AllWinner A10 tablets by Christian Troy. Not work touch g-sensor / giroszkóp.

Please help!

I'm sorry Google Translate

7160607422012_11_16_110_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

8507566122012_11_16_108_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Saife El

Jun 30, 2012
Tetouan <3
www.facebook.com
can you help me to get a recovery, I'm on stock 4.1.1 jb .. Allwinner A10, 1Gb DDR3 ram, 400mali, 10.1 screen, 16Gb storage

Attachments

• 20130610_201805.jpg
    20130610_201805.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this was a work-in-progress development project for porting CyanogenMod 9 (ICS/4.0.4) and ClockworkMod Recovery 5 to Allwinner A10 devices.

but my CM9 is obsolete now. if you want to get CM9, please refer other active projects.

currently here is only for my miscellaneous work for Allwinner A10 devices. if you have a question about development work for A10, you may post it on here. but I can't guarantee any answer.

* links to other active CM9/CM10 projects
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1821398 CM10 for many A10 tablets by Christian Troy
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1760929 CM9 for many A10 tablets by Christian Troy
    http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/33820-ics-404-ivi-cm9-firmware-for-novo7-advanced-btgpsusb-audio/ for NOVO7 Advanced(1) by tsynik

* links to other active AOKP projects
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1760931 for many A10 tablets by Christian Troy
    * How to install ClockworkMod Recovery 5
    1. (if you don't have official ROM and flash tool,) make backup of recovery partition
    2. download recovery.zip and unzip it
    3. put install-recovery.sh and recovery.img(recovery.cpio for GB ROM) on /sdcard/ *1 *2
    4. run install-recovery.sh from root shell or any apps which can run a script (terminal, gscript, etc)
    e.g.
    Code:
    > adb shell
    $ su
    # sh /sdcard/install-recovery.sh

* How to boot recovery
    1. put reboot-recovery.sh on /sdcard/ *1 *2
    2. run reboot-recovery.sh from root shell or any apps which can run a script (terminal, gscript, etc)
    e.g.
    Code:
    > adb shell
    $ su
    # sh /sdcard/reboot-recovery.sh

*1 if you are using CM9, install-recovery.sh and reboot-recovery.sh are already installed on /system/bin/. if you are not using CM9, you can put these scripts on your ROM.
    *2 /sdcard/ is referred as "SD card" on Android, but it may not be physical/external "SD Card". please make sure files are placed on /sdcard/.

* How to boot recovery (alternative)
    for ainol NOVO7 AdvancedII/Aurora/Elf
    BACK + POWER

for other tablets, please find the way to boot recovery.

* How to control ClockworkMod Recovery 5
    for ainol NOVO7 Advanced
    VOL-: down, VOL+: up, POWER/MENU: select, BACK: back

for ainol NOVO7 AdvancedII/Aurora/Elf
    VOL-/MENU: down, VOL+/HOME: up, POWER: select, BACK: back

* How to install CyanogenMod 9
    1. download update.zip and put it on internal NAND flash or SD card (don't unzip it)
    2. install ClockworkMod Recovery 5
    3. reboot recovery
    4. install update.zip
    5. wipe data/factory reset *3
    6. reboot

*3 only if you are upgrading from non-CM9 ROM (CM9 1st install)
    Hello guys:)
    As you see, i working on cm9 for allwinner a10 (novo7 aurora)
    I uploaded CM9-NIGHTLY-120517-A10.zip
    Many improvements from previous version: HW Video enc/dec, video rec, HDMI(not tested)... :)
    http://quarx2k.ru/cm9-nightly-novo7(aurora)/