I9195L & I9195 error

Search This thread

delvydavis

Feb 8, 2014
Hi members

I have an I9195L mobile and I am trying to change the firmware to I9195 so that I can root it and unlock the sim - using this thread - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2558384.

Unfortunately, it gave me an error that shows " Secure Check Fail! : sbl 1 " . What could be the reason and how can I solve this problem and then load the new firmware?

Thanks in advance

fburgos

Sep 1, 2012
Fs the word knox is in your download mode then you have knox bootloader and dont try to flash anything that has been modified.

Can you post your download screen

TNCS

Feb 11, 2014
Secure Check Fail! : sbl 1

yes i tried all rooting methods. but didn't work out to unlock the mobile :( I got mobile phone rooted, but couldn't unlock it

now i am trying this method - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2549357

but not sure, how in windows :0

You can forget it. Looks like you have a locked bootloader from your network. Nothing can be done on such phones, unless your network provider decide to unlock them.

delvydavis

Feb 8, 2014
I suppose you can try again on different USB port (not a hub) or even a different PC. But if your phone truly has a locked bootloader nothing can be done.

ok. that means, the locked bootloader cannot be edited/erased/ and put new one? What If try to load a custom firmware such as CM?

delvydavis

Feb 8, 2014
Fs the word knox is in your download mode then you have knox bootloader and dont try to flash anything that has been modified.

Can you post your download screen

here it is attached. It shows:

knox warranty - 0x1
knox kernel lock - 0x0
bootloader RP swrev : 1
write protection : enable

20140213_090236.jpg

Last edited:

TNCS

Feb 11, 2014
here it is attached. It shows:

knox warranty - 0x1
knox kernel lock - 0x0
bootloader RP swrev : 1
write protection : enable

20140213_090236.jpg

You should've done more research before you start... Your Knox is already triggered - 0x1... Should been on 0x0

In *some* rare cases, USB port, cable or some other USB related incompatibility/problem may throw you the 'Secure Check Fail! : sbl1' error. But it rare. BUT if your phone is a vendor specific brand with a locked bootloader, NO you can't do anything. Crack a locked bootloader is on a totally different level, why do you think it more difficult to 'jailbreak' an iDevice? It because Apple has a locked bootloader.

delvydavis

Feb 8, 2014
You should've done more research before you start... Your Knox is already triggered - 0x1... Should been on 0x0

In *some* rare cases, USB port, cable or some other USB related incompatibility/problem may throw you the 'Secure Check Fail! : sbl1' error. But it rare. BUT if your phone is a vendor specific brand with a locked bootloader, NO you can't do anything. Crack a locked bootloader is on a totally different level, why do you think it more difficult to 'jailbreak' an iDevice? It because Apple has a locked bootloader.

That is what I wanted to do :D jailbreak the locked bootloader of I9195L version!

Before I didn't know that this phone has a locked bootloader, so I tried different options like rooting and stuff. Now I understood, this phone has it locked.

There is no such thread here for doing that for I9195L version. all are for "I9195" model.

Theoretically 9195 & 9195L are same. So what I thought, first I will change my phone to I9195 and then break it :)

Last edited:

TNCS

Feb 11, 2014
That is what I wanted to do :D jailbreak the locked bootloader of I9195L version!

Before I didn't know that this phone has a locked bootloader, so I tried different options like rooting and stuff. Now I understood, this phone has it locked.

There is no such thread here for doing that for I9195L version. all are for "I9195" model.

Theoretically 9195 & 9195L are same. So what I thought, first I will change my phone to I9195 and then break it :)

LOL, go for it! 9195L sound like just a network specific variant, which tend to come with a locked bootloader.