Screen Burn on Gear 2

Search This thread

krisez

Nov 29, 2008
Sydney
I've noticed that my home screen light areas are beginning to burn in, visible when a solid colour is displayed in the same area.
Motion activation is on, and I have been using the same home screen layout for almost the whole time I've owned it.
Has anyone else noticed this issue?

rEVOLVE

Nov 16, 2006
This is an unfortunate side-effect of AMOLED screens, which I thought this watch would have not been susceptible to since it doesn't keep the display on constantly. Also, that has to be way too soon for burn-in on a device that can't be more than a month old. You should maybe contact Samsung or your vendor about a warranty replacement.

Reactions: krisez

krisez

Nov 29, 2008
Sydney
I bought the device at launch, which was barely a month ago. That was why I was surprised to see it burning in already.
Returning my Gear 1 for a defective camera involved 3 months of negotiation, 12 store visits, intervention by the office of fair trading and threats of legal action, I might wait until the device is damaged beyond any possible reasonable expectation of function before going through that nonsense again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is an unfortunate side-effect of AMOLED screens, which I thought this watch would have not been susceptible to since it doesn't keep the display on constantly. Also, that has to be way too soon for burn-in on a device that can't be more than a month old. You should maybe contact Samsung or your vendor about a warranty replacement.