Post Reply Email Thread
28th October 2015, 05:00 AM |#20581  
Thanks Meter: 5,160

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by comptechltd

@Malaysk,

Thank You for your great work!!! Does this release also have the standard launcher that you can switch to?

Steve

Yes, now all my new firmware has TWO launcher, factory and Next. Default loaded factory launcher from JY

28th October 2015, 06:40 AM |#20582  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimpoca

Either nobody really knows this or nobody wants to tell. I've asked a few times myself with no reply. As it looks to me, the culprit is the stock radio app, which seems to raise the volume (I don't know which stream - I am just trying to describe the symptoms), so that all other sounds are lower. This makes it nearly impossible to hear the navigation TTS. If you exit the radio app, all sounds are suddenly much louder. I was trying to play with the different audio streams, but could not find a solution. Then I tried to find a different radio app that works on our devices, but I could not find any. Now, until a miracle happens, I am using only streaming radio, and all audio issues are resolved...at the expense of a very high data usage. I am not giving up though...

When I on my unit (RK3188 MTCB-KGL-V2.78) in "settings -> GPS -> GPS Application Options -> Vocalizer TSS" select in place off iGO, then when there is a TTS voice the radio is muted, I can even select if the radio-stream is completely muted or if the radio-stream volume is going down by x dB ( option in GPS settings "Switch or Mix"
28th October 2015, 07:12 AM |#20583  
Thanks Meter: 179

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danat

When I on my unit (RK3188 MTCB-KGL-V2.78) in "settings -> GPS -> GPS Application Options -> Vocalizer TSS" select in place off iGO, then when there is a TTS voice the radio is muted, I can even select if the radio-stream is completely muted or if the radio-stream volume is going down by x dB ( option in GPS settings "Switch or Mix"

This looks like a suggestion really worth consideration.

danat, can you clarify a few things to me as I'm not familiar with the iGO?
Vocalizer TTS is a 3rd-party TTS engine, so how the iGO speaks thru it, I mean can you choose which TTS to use when configuring iGo or it speaks thru system default engine and you have set Volalizer as a default?
How the iGO behaves if you don't have Vocalizer installed?

By the way, about my idea about Xposed plugin to hack and replace stream type of specific navigation programs - this is not going to work I believe.
I've just looked at the Android documentation, there's no such thing as TTS stream type, like music one, here's the full list:

STREAM_ALARM - The audio stream for alarms
STREAM_DTMF - The audio stream for DTMF Tones
STREAM_MUSIC - The audio stream for music playback
STREAM_NOTIFICATION - The audio stream for notifications
STREAM_RING - The audio stream for the phone ring
STREAM_SYSTEM - The audio stream for system sounds
STREAM_VOICE_CALL - The audio stream for phone calls

This proves that the problem is not with the some stream type being unsupported by the MTC's built-in sound level handling logic, rather this above danat's suggestions is correect one.
28th October 2015, 08:58 AM |#20584  
Thanks Meter: 36

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7floor

This looks like a suggestion really worth consideration.

danat, can you clarify a few things to me as I'm not familiar with the iGO?
Vocalizer TTS is a 3rd-party TTS engine, so how the iGO speaks thru it, I mean can you choose which TTS to use when configuring iGo or it speaks thru system default engine and you have set Volalizer as a default?
How the iGO behaves if you don't have Vocalizer installed?

By the way, about my idea about Xposed plugin to hack and replace stream type of specific navigation programs - this is not going to work I believe.
I've just looked at the Android documentation, there's no such thing as TTS stream type, like music one, here's the full list:

STREAM_ALARM - The audio stream for alarms
STREAM_DTMF - The audio stream for DTMF Tones
STREAM_MUSIC - The audio stream for music playback
STREAM_NOTIFICATION - The audio stream for notifications
STREAM_RING - The audio stream for the phone ring
STREAM_SYSTEM - The audio stream for system sounds
STREAM_VOICE_CALL - The audio stream for phone calls

This proves that the problem is not with the some stream type being unsupported by the MTC's built-in sound level handling logic, rather this above danat's suggestions is correect one.

I will try @danat idea. If this fixes the problem,means that the MCU monitors the GPS app set in the settings for audio output, and mutes/reduces volume of all audio streams(regardless radio/music/streaming apps). As this method is aware of non-android audio streams. I wonder if setting the tts engine in those settings brakes anything. Some notification sounds of the navi app eg speed limits will probably not be able to reduce volume/ mute other sounds. That could be solved maybe by modifying those settings to monitor the GPS app and the tts engine simultaneously.
28th October 2015, 09:03 AM |#20585  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
DAB
Anyone tried this?

http://navallstore.com/Head-Units/BM...oid-dab-navall

not very cheap....
28th October 2015, 09:04 AM |#20586  
Thanks Meter: 179

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_mike83

That could be solved maybe by modifying those settings to monitor the GPS app and the tts engine simultaneously.

My current knowledge tells me that this is impossible.
28th October 2015, 09:37 AM |#20587  
Thanks Meter: 1,019

More
---
28th October 2015, 09:49 AM |#20588  
Thanks Meter: 191

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejclark

Hi Alex
I have and A3 8P. I am in the process of retrofitting a multifunction steering wheel and will need to figure out how to get the steering wheel controls to work with my unit. What problems are you having?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

I ordered my audi a3 unit from keylo on aliexpress and never received the correct fitting brackets so my unit is hanging out I can no longer contact keylo on aliexpress and the other contact Hanker Yu, from the same company (HuiFei), says I bought my unit from a fake company!
Does anyone have a reliable contact where I could get the brackets from? Preferably from UK. I have given up with the original seller

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi
unfortunately A3-Brackets I received are NOT fitting at all, too... I had to modify them and remove the top cover of the radio as well as put some rubber knobs under the unit to make it fit my car's mount. I thought I received wrong ones but now thtat you are also having problems...
28th October 2015, 01:27 PM |#20589  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi @Malaysk,
Latest version works with wikicamps. Not sure if you did anything in this version to fix, but wanted to let you know it is now ok.
Many thanks for all your hard work. It is really appreciated!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to pencilhead For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pencilhead Ad-Free
28th October 2015, 02:08 PM |#20590  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danat

I tried this long ago. It actually does work as expected, but the volume levels are still such that the navigation voive is too low to be understood.
I am just not understanding why all volumes are lower when the radio app is active, even notification sounds. It just doesn't make sense.
28th October 2015, 02:10 PM |#20591  
Thanks Meter: 5,160

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pencilhead

Hi @Malaysk,
Latest version works with wikicamps. Not sure if you did anything in this version to fix, but wanted to let you know it is now ok.
Many thanks for all your hard work. It is really appreciated!!!!!

I read about all the problems with the firmware (but not answer), and attempts to correct errors in the following versions
Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Malaysk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Malaysk Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 4.2.2, android 4.4.4, autoradio, car dvd, rk3066

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)