FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[ROM][MOVED] ICS 4.0.4 BCM RC4.1U2 GSM/CDMA <2012-07-03> (Bravo CM9 HWA)

3,529 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,042
 
By dk_zero-cool, Senior Member on 21st December 2011, 01:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st June 2012, 03:07 PM |#4901  
Senior Member
Flag Bielefeld
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
no they don´t.
 
 
1st June 2012, 03:32 PM |#4902  
Member
Flag Chicoutimi
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk_zero-cool

M2SD only handles the cache partition if it is below 40mb when set to auto (default). Enable the cache option and your problems should be fixed as soon as I upload the fixed ROM with new M2SD that handles the market download cache.

And maybe you should enable the data option in M2SD as well. 15mb on the data partition is not much. You will soon run into much bigger problems than market download issues.

I've this error too, but things are weirder. It seems I've no market download cache ...

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
tmpfs 202.6M 48.0K 202.6M 0% /dev
tmpfs 202.6M 0 202.6M 0% /mnt/asec
tmpfs 202.6M 0 202.6M 0% /mnt/obb
/dev/block/mtdblock3 250.0M 207.1M 42.9M 83% /system
/dev/block/mtdblock5 147.6M 124.2M 23.4M 84% /data
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 503.9M 173.2M 330.7M 34% /sd-ext
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 503.9M 173.2M 330.7M 34% /data/data
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 503.9M 173.2M 330.7M 34% /data/app
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 503.9M 173.2M 330.7M 34% /data/app-private
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 503.9M 173.2M 330.7M 34% /data/app-system
tmpfs 128.0M 0 128.0M 0% /cache
df: /data/local/tmp\040(deleted): No such file or directory
df: /data/data/com.android.providers.downloads/cache\040(deleted): No such file or directory
/dev/block/mtdblock3 250.0M 207.1M 42.9M 83% /system/bin/sh
df: /cache/d_tmp\040(deleted): No such file or directory
/dev/block/vold/179:1
6.8G 475.8M 6.3G 7% /mnt/sdcard
/dev/block/vold/179:1
6.8G 475.8M 6.3G 7% /mnt/secure/asec
/dev/block/dm-0 7.1M 5.1M 2.0M 72% /mnt/asec/com.ovh.android.mom-1
1st June 2012, 03:37 PM |#4903  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by .tnm

same thing happened to me, read the OP:
while stuck on boot, do a hard reset or take out battery

yeah i know but that did not work for me. now i did format my sd-card, downloaded and flashed the rom again and it to work so far. seemed to be an error in the filesystem of the sd-card. try to restore everything now. thx anyway ;)
1st June 2012, 03:39 PM |#4904  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 248
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk_zero-cool

I had these ideas a while ago, but for some reason they ended in boot loop no matter how I did it. The (Leave only apps) solution sounds like a possibility, but the rest will only cause more problems.

You can test it yourself. Boot to recovery, mount data and do "rm -rf /data/data/com.android.*". Phone will never boot, it does not matter if clear dalvik or not, result is the same.

On my Archos gen 8, the GB rom bull has this.

The openaos is mounted using *.img files that simulate the FS.
There's one file that mounts sys and another that mounts data.
So when we upgrade the the data img is never erased file and the apps/data stick with the new rom.

Check the thread and the developer of openaos divx118, maybe he can help you out.
1st June 2012, 04:14 PM |#4905  
claydawg's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Oxford, MS
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I'm currently running BCM RC3.6U0 on my CDMA Desire. Every time I try updating to 3.6U1 I get stuck on the splash screen. I even tried doing a full wipe and got stuck on the splash screen. To be sure it wasn't a bad download, I re-downloaded and tried again but got the same result.

Here's a snippet from logcat, this just repeats over and over:
Code:
D/AndroidRuntime( 1464): >>>>>> AndroidRuntime START com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit <<<<<<
D/AndroidRuntime( 1464): CheckJNI is OFF
E/dalvikvm( 1464): Could not stat dex cache directory '/data/dalvik-cache': No such file or directory
I/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/core.jar (/data/dalvik-cache/system@framework@core.jar@classes.dex)
D/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/core.jar'
E/dalvikvm( 1464): Could not stat dex cache directory '/data/dalvik-cache': No such file or directory
I/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/core-junit.jar (/data/dalvik-cache/system@framework@core-junit.jar@classes.dex)
D/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/core-junit.jar'
E/dalvikvm( 1464): Could not stat dex cache directory '/data/dalvik-cache': No such file or directory
I/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/bouncycastle.jar (/data/dalvik-cache/system@framework@bouncycastle.jar@classes.dex)
D/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/bouncycastle.jar'
E/dalvikvm( 1464): Could not stat dex cache directory '/data/dalvik-cache': No such file or directory
I/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/ext.jar (/data/dalvik-cache/system@framework@ext.jar@classes.dex)
D/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/ext.jar'
E/dalvikvm( 1464): Could not stat dex cache directory '/data/dalvik-cache': No such file or directory
I/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/framework.jar (/data/dalvik-cache/system@framework@framework.jar@classes.dex)
D/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/framework.jar'
E/dalvikvm( 1464): Could not stat dex cache directory '/data/dalvik-cache': No such file or directory
I/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/android.policy.jar (/data/dalvik-cache/system@framework@android.policy.jar@classes.dex)
D/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/android.policy.jar'
E/dalvikvm( 1464): Could not stat dex cache directory '/data/dalvik-cache': No such file or directory
I/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/services.jar (/data/dalvik-cache/system@framework@services.jar@classes.dex)
D/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/services.jar'
E/dalvikvm( 1464): Could not stat dex cache directory '/data/dalvik-cache': No such file or directory
I/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/apache-xml.jar (/data/dalvik-cache/system@framework@apache-xml.jar@classes.dex)
D/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/apache-xml.jar'
E/dalvikvm( 1464): Could not stat dex cache directory '/data/dalvik-cache': No such file or directory
I/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/filterfw.jar (/data/dalvik-cache/system@framework@filterfw.jar@classes.dex)
D/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/filterfw.jar'
E/dalvikvm( 1464): No valid entries found in bootclasspath '/system/framework/core.jar:/system/framework/core-junit.jar:/system/framework/bouncycastle.jar:/system/framework/ext.jar:/system/framework/framework.jar:/system/framework/android.policy.jar:/system/framework/services.jar:/system/framework/apache-xml.jar:/system/framework/filterfw.jar'
E/dalvikvm( 1464): VM aborting
F/libc    ( 1464): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0xdeadd00d (code=1)
I/Netd    ( 1488): Netd 1.0 starting
D/AndroidRuntime( 1489):
Any ideas?
1st June 2012, 04:57 PM |#4906  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
logger in shaky kernel is disabled
logger in shaky kernel is disabled. You can enable it? THX
1st June 2012, 05:02 PM |#4907  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
How is that possible that this ROM works for my Desire like a charm but when I want to flash Sandvold BETA 0.10.1 it works very slow giving prompts that app is not responding. Maybe I do something during AROMA install that makes Sandvold's build unusable?
1st June 2012, 05:13 PM |#4908  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk_zero-cool

I had these ideas a while ago, but for some reason they ended in boot loop no matter how I did it. The (Leave only apps) solution sounds like a possibility, but the rest will only cause more problems.

You can test it yourself. Boot to recovery, mount data and do "rm -rf /data/data/com.android.*". Phone will never boot, it does not matter if clear dalvik or not, result is the same.

OK. I tested the system data cleaning.
I was running Sandvolds ROM before.
I deleted /data/data/com.android.* and /data/data/com.google.android.*
Then I cleaned cache and dalvik-cache.
And finally, installed your latest ROM (RC3.6U1).

Rebooted, restored all the "important" system settings using TB (backed up earlier).

Everything seems to run fine.
All the applications data is there (as far as I can see atm.).

The only thing I don't like is the message in the logcat "Can't mkdir: /data/system/dropbox". Nothing else serious found.
1st June 2012, 05:32 PM |#4909  
dk_zero-cool's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Horsens
Thanks Meter: 5,042
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydawg

I'm currently running BCM RC3.6U0 on my CDMA Desire. Every time I try updating to 3.6U1 I get stuck on the splash screen. I even tried doing a full wipe and got stuck on the splash screen. To be sure it wasn't a bad download, I re-downloaded and tried again but got the same result.

Here's a snippet from logcat, this just repeats over and over:

Code:
D/AndroidRuntime( 1464): >>>>>> AndroidRuntime START com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit <<<<<<
D/AndroidRuntime( 1464): CheckJNI is OFF
E/dalvikvm( 1464): Could not stat dex cache directory '/data/dalvik-cache': No such file or directory
I/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/core.jar (/data/dalvik-cache/system@framework@core.jar@classes.dex)
D/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/core.jar'
E/dalvikvm( 1464): Could not stat dex cache directory '/data/dalvik-cache': No such file or directory
I/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/core-junit.jar (/data/dalvik-cache/system@framework@core-junit.jar@classes.dex)
D/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/core-junit.jar'
E/dalvikvm( 1464): Could not stat dex cache directory '/data/dalvik-cache': No such file or directory
I/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/bouncycastle.jar (/data/dalvik-cache/system@framework@bouncycastle.jar@classes.dex)
D/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/bouncycastle.jar'
E/dalvikvm( 1464): Could not stat dex cache directory '/data/dalvik-cache': No such file or directory
I/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/ext.jar (/data/dalvik-cache/system@framework@ext.jar@classes.dex)
D/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/ext.jar'
E/dalvikvm( 1464): Could not stat dex cache directory '/data/dalvik-cache': No such file or directory
I/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/framework.jar (/data/dalvik-cache/system@framework@framework.jar@classes.dex)
D/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/framework.jar'
E/dalvikvm( 1464): Could not stat dex cache directory '/data/dalvik-cache': No such file or directory
I/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/android.policy.jar (/data/dalvik-cache/system@framework@android.policy.jar@classes.dex)
D/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/android.policy.jar'
E/dalvikvm( 1464): Could not stat dex cache directory '/data/dalvik-cache': No such file or directory
I/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/services.jar (/data/dalvik-cache/system@framework@services.jar@classes.dex)
D/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/services.jar'
E/dalvikvm( 1464): Could not stat dex cache directory '/data/dalvik-cache': No such file or directory
I/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/apache-xml.jar (/data/dalvik-cache/system@framework@apache-xml.jar@classes.dex)
D/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/apache-xml.jar'
E/dalvikvm( 1464): Could not stat dex cache directory '/data/dalvik-cache': No such file or directory
I/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/filterfw.jar (/data/dalvik-cache/system@framework@filterfw.jar@classes.dex)
D/dalvikvm( 1464): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/filterfw.jar'
E/dalvikvm( 1464): No valid entries found in bootclasspath '/system/framework/core.jar:/system/framework/core-junit.jar:/system/framework/bouncycastle.jar:/system/framework/ext.jar:/system/framework/framework.jar:/system/framework/android.policy.jar:/system/framework/services.jar:/system/framework/apache-xml.jar:/system/framework/filterfw.jar'
E/dalvikvm( 1464): VM aborting
F/libc    ( 1464): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0xdeadd00d (code=1)
I/Netd    ( 1488): Netd 1.0 starting
D/AndroidRuntime( 1489):
Any ideas?

Thanks, this helps a lot. One small line is missing in init.rc, that's why it does not boot. It is missing the dalvik folder.

RC3.7 is being build. Should fix most remaining issues.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dk_zero-cool For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dk_zero-cool Ad-Free
1st June 2012, 05:34 PM |#4910  
dk_zero-cool's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Horsens
Thanks Meter: 5,042
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaizyJumper

OK. I tested the system data cleaning.
I was running Sandvolds ROM before.
I deleted /data/data/com.android.* and /data/data/com.google.android.*
Then I cleaned cache and dalvik-cache.
And finally, installed your latest ROM (RC3.6U1).

Rebooted, restored all the "important" system settings using TB (backed up earlier).

Everything seems to run fine.
All the applications data is there (as far as I can see atm.).

The only thing I don't like is the message in the logcat "Can't mkdir: /data/system/dropbox". Nothing else serious found.

That's just because of a hack script that disables some logs. It is ment to write that.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
1st June 2012, 05:56 PM |#4911  
claydawg's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Oxford, MS
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk_zero-cool

Thanks, this helps a lot. One small line is missing in init.rc, that's why it does not boot. It is missing the dalvik folder.

RC3.7 is being build. Should fix most remaining issues.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Thanks DK!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes