FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][MOVED] ICS 4.0.4 BCM RC4.1U2 GSM/CDMA <2012-07-03> (Bravo CM9 HWA)

3,529 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,042

By dk_zero-cool, Recognized Contributor on 21st December 2011, 01:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th June 2012, 03:07 PM |#6001  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremlin987

Hi pechano just chiming in. I personally run another ICS ROM, but I experience this regularly. It's caused by receiving (or sending) Mms while the tether is active. The Mms disconnects the mobile data connection temporarily, which puts the wifi tether network interface into a broken state, from which a reboot is required to fix. I don't have a fox for the problem so I'm still rebooting whenever it happens to me.

Very interesting. I had actually tried to send an MMS earlier that morning. That must have been it. Thanks for enlightening me. The devs must find this information useful.

26th June 2012, 03:33 PM |#6002  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kszaq

steveyc2, use "format all partitions (except sdcard)" option in 4ext recovery and do a clean install of 4.0U0. Note that you could have safely downgraded from 4.0U1 to 4.0U0 without wiping. If you want MMS working in 4.0U0, additionally flash zip from my previous post.

Thanks but I did this to no avail.

Phone is working now ok with 4.0U0. My main concern is why it didnt work with U1 and any of the other RILs?
26th June 2012, 03:39 PM |#6003  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Horsens

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x01a4

I had some lags as well, disabling swap did the trick for me!
Do you use swap? If you do, try in terminal:

su
m2sd swap disable

and reboot your phone. My phone seems faster and no more lag without swap (even though I have a fast class10 sdcard)

Or just go to the settings and uncheck swap

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
26th June 2012, 06:27 PM |#6004  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:

It seems like your RIL is having problem in communicating with your network operator. This evening (when I'm home) I'll post the latest RIL I'm using with kernel and build.prop so that you can try if it works for you.

EDIT:
OK, I managed to get it faster. Please flash the attached zip on top of 4.0U0 (if you're on 4.0U1 you can safely downgrade to 4.0U0 without wiping) and let us know about the results.

Zip contains my custom kernel compiled from drewis' source (with HAVS, BFS and AXI) + CyanogenMod's RIL patch and latest HTC RIL from Desire C. I'm getting great results with it - much better battery life when I have good network signal, the only downfall is that I can't search for network operators (the reason has been described a couple of posts ago).

Now downloading 4.0U0 for testing, when i flash i post the result
26th June 2012, 08:14 PM |#6005  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:

It seems like your RIL is having problem in communicating with your network operator. This evening (when I'm home) I'll post the latest RIL I'm using with kernel and build.prop so that you can try if it works for you.

EDIT:
OK, I managed to get it faster. Please flash the attached zip on top of 4.0U0 (if you're on 4.0U1 you can safely downgrade to 4.0U0 without wiping) and let us know about the results.

Zip contains my custom kernel compiled from drewis' source (with HAVS, BFS and AXI) + CyanogenMod's RIL patch and latest HTC RIL from Desire C. I'm getting great results with it - much better battery life when I have good network signal, the only downfall is that I can't search for network operators (the reason has been described a couple of posts ago).

with 4.0U0 and ZIP version, the 3G is worse, here I leave the logcat to be checked
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcat.txt - [Click for QR Code] (239.6 KB, 12 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Exedion For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Exedion Ad-Free
26th June 2012, 08:48 PM |#6006  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
i found a small "bug"

i have different profiles, one of them is street with a "pin protection" and the other is home without a pin/password protection only the block screen.

if im on the street profile and i block my phone and then y press emergency call, i can change my profile to home reset my phone and voilá no more pin protection!!!

so, be careful if yo have a profile without a pin or password protection!
26th June 2012, 09:03 PM |#6007  
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 54

More
CM9 RC 1 is out. Will the next build be based on this version?
26th June 2012, 09:13 PM |#6008  
London
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedion

with 4.0U0 and ZIP version, the 3G is worse, here I leave the logcat to be checked

i just wish i could read radio logcat, but was going through yours just trying to find something that might be showing the reason why its disconnecting. i bet there are guys here who can read and interpret you logcat. for me this place looks interesting:
"D/GSM ( 1819): [GsmDCT] get active apn string for type:dun
D/GSM ( 1819): [GsmDCT] notifyOffApnOfAvailability type:supl
D/GSM ( 1819): [GsmDCT] isDataAllowed: not allowed due to - gprs= 1
D/GSM ( 1819): [GsmDCT] isDataPossible(supl): possible=false isDataAllowed=false apnTypePossible=true apnContextisEnabled=false apnContextState()=IDLE
D/GSM ( 1819): [GsmDCT] get active apn string for type:supl
D/GSM ( 1819): [GsmDCT] notifyOffApnOfAvailability type:hipri
D/GSM ( 1819): [GsmDCT] isDataAllowed: not allowed due to - gprs= 1
D/GSM ( 1819): [GsmDCT] isDataPossible(hipri): possible=false isDataAllowed=false apnTypePossible=true apnContextisEnabled=false apnContextState()=IDLE
D/GSM ( 1819): [GsmDCT] get active apn string for type:hipri
D/GSM ( 1819): [GsmDCT] notifyOffApnsOfAvailability skipped apn due to isReady==false: state=INITING apnType=default
D/GSM ( 1819): [GsmDCT] notifyOffApnOfAvailability type:mms
"
i'll also try to get my radio logcat, especially when using apps like Whatsapp of market maybe it will show something. as i am suffering from the same problem as quite a few other on ICS roms (tried BCM, Sandvolds, Suillers slim version - just havent tried AOKP yet as Suiller said he didnt notice connection drops). also tried rill collapse setting in build.prop and different RILs, newest radio and the issue persists, but its not like i cant live with it its just i wish there was a solution for it.
if anybody can help would be very nice. thank you
26th June 2012, 09:26 PM |#6009  
Flag Horsens

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schoerb

CM9 RC 1 is out. Will the next build be based on this version?

It's just a version change. This is changed in regards to their official builds, nothing else.

BCM has always been build on the newest commits from CM, this will not change in the next release.
The Following User Says Thank You to dk_zero-cool For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dk_zero-cool Ad-Free
26th June 2012, 10:04 PM |#6010  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Has anyone had any luck with disabling exchange policies? There is this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1367254

However I've had no luck getting it working with this ROM.
26th June 2012, 10:58 PM |#6011  
Flag Horsens

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmsxms

Has anyone had any luck with disabling exchange policies? There is this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1367254

However I've had no luck getting it working with this ROM.

Maybe you should read the headline of this thread.

Quote:

This is for Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.1 Only!

BCM is based on 4.0.4
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)