LG optimus L9 Cases & Screen shield P769

Search This thread

MrMike215

Jul 27, 2013
Philadelphia,PA
Is it that anti glare matte screen protector? They are considerably more easier to apply than the regular lcd ones and much easier to get rid of the bubbles.

Sent from my LG-P768 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

as a matter of fact yes it is.. i should have waited but i got a 2 pack form the store today.. :( bummer it bubbled.. i have anal ocd i cant do bubbles.

OptimusL

Apr 6, 2013
as a matter of fact yes it is.. i should have waited but i got a 2 pack form the store today.. :( bummer it bubbled.. i have anal ocd i cant do bubbles.

But don't they all leave bubbles? The matte ones are almost completely different when applying, honestly it's so much easier.

Sent from my LG-P768 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Jul 20, 2013
Oregon
Maybe we can send a group email. Or everyone who is interested can send a separate one. I contacted them with this e-mail address: info@nilkkin.com and spoke to an Erica. If sending make sure you emphasize the P769 model! If not you might just get links to a P750 model. I have also contacted a manufacturer through Alibaba and the representative said she would inform the manufacturer of our model. Keep your fingers crossed everyone.

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda premium

Reactions: OptimusL
Jul 20, 2013
Oregon
Update: Nilkkin is not going to produce a new mold for the P769 unless someone is willing to purchase 5000 pieces for mass production. And one of the manufacturers I have spoken to from Alibaba is on the same boat. Haven't heard from the other two. From a business stand point I understand their concerns but it would be really nice to have a product like this..

KindleUser

Dec 7, 2012
Update: Nilkkin is not going to produce a new mold for the P769 unless someone is willing to purchase 5000 pieces for mass production. And one of the manufacturers I have spoken to from Alibaba is on the same boat. Haven't heard from the other two. From a business stand point I understand their concerns but it would be really nice to have a product like this..

Well that sucks. I was looking really forward to that flip case, lol.

Jul 20, 2013
Oregon
I was as well. Maybe we should just make our own. Some leather, a generic case, cardboard, some hot glue, and a sewing machine that would be about it.

KindleUser

Dec 7, 2012
I was as well. Maybe we should just make our own. Some leather, a generic case, cardboard, some hot glue, and a sewing machine that would be about it.

True, haha. Maybe we should ask that guy that offered to make us cases from hand for money. I was gonna buy one too but all the bad comments, lmao.

Jul 20, 2013
Oregon
True, haha. Maybe we should ask that guy that offered to make us cases from hand for money. I was gonna buy one too but all the bad comments, lmao.

Is that what those were?? No, I think we will just have to wait it out. Our device isn't completely dead being we're still getting updates. I still think everyone that is interested should swamp Nillkin's e-mail.

KindleUser

Dec 7, 2012
Is that what those were?? No, I think we will just have to wait it out. Our device isn't completely dead being we're still getting updates. I still think everyone that is interested should swamp Nillkin's e-mail.

Maybe when I get home I'll swamp it

MrMike215

Jul 27, 2013
Philadelphia,PA
so after applying both the matte anti glare screen protector and the illumishield one the verdict wins and it goes to the illumishield the matte is good but i think the other is a just bit thicker but still close second.. let me just say before anything that for these to work.. any of the ones unless its the zagg shield in which you have to wet the screen protector and all.. you must not remove the attached protecting pre layer thats holding the adhesive protector together if you do you will bubble EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!.. i literally wasted 2 different ones to bring it to a co worker who had applied one to his galaxy s4 perfect i was amazed and i bought mine in and presto mine came out flawless . The key is too not remove it all the way and try to eliminate bubbles once applied rather start at the top and make even strokes with your pointer finger going left and right down until the pre layer is off and the protector is fully on the phone. Some may already know this and laughing thats ok because it isnt like the directions are any better but for those who dont take my advice and you will do it like a pro.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sesamechicken

zirjacks

Sep 1, 2007

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm sorry I didn't see this thread before (It didn't even show in search) so I made another... Mods, feel free to close my thread.
    Anyway... Here's mine

IllumiShield 3 pack screen protectors - $7.65
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380614141569

My review: EXTREMELY well cut. Edge to edge protection done proper. Very easy to install. And they are actually antibubble.
    Highly recommended. Ordered on a Monday, got them today (Thursday) - Ships from California

Future Armor Ballistic Case - $12.95
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/281090273071?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

My review: VERY nice. Feels nice in the hands. Only adds about 1/8th inch all the way around. The seller is also very easy to work with. I had an issue with the case (rubber coating wasn't correct in one spot) and she immediately shipped a replacement.
    Again, Highly recommended. Ordered on a Friday, got it on the following Monday - Ships from New York
    Does this case work well? Anyone here tried it?
    Optimus-T-Mobile-Hybrid-Black-Shape/dp/B00ASSP0V8/ref=pd_sim_cps_4
    Paste that after amazon.com/, because XDA won't let me post links.

I have this case. It does work well. The "kick stand" will prop the phone up in both landscape and portrait orientations.

The case does add a little bulk. It has a silicon/rubber soft layer that goes around the phone and a hard shell that wraps around that. Should provide good protection.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

NO... maybe if you want the clip off it will be for good. yet there will be a teeth gear like circle on the holster. (that gear is for stopping the holster to change your preferred orientation)

Since this case was close to what I wanted: A "clam shell" case for the phone to put in my pocket, I went ahead and bought it in black.

The clip came off very easily. Too, easily. I'd be afraid to let my phone dangle from my belt with that clip.

Anyway, as you pointed out, there was a "gear like circle" protruding from the case after the clip was taken off. I carefully removed it and made it flush with rest of the plastic with a dremel tool. I doesn't look too bad. :eek:
    bought 2 of these phones for my parents and was looking around for good quality cases. Just thought I'd share my findings :

1) For my mom : Tech21 White snap case for LG optimus L9 P769 (refer to T-Mobile Website, shows middle camera hole) :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151027412771?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

2) For my dad : Body Glove case with stand (reviews in amazon are excellent)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150992696200?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

The two companies also have several other cases available for P769 (middle camera hole version), just lookup Tech21 or Body Glove Optimus L9 case..hope that helps for members looking to find quality case for this *mid-range-and-obscure* phone. Phone's arriving tomorrow! Cant wait.

Cheers!
    Nillkin is willing to manufacture a flip case only if a lot of P769 users are interested.

Maybe we can send a group email. Or everyone who is interested can send a separate one. I contacted them with this e-mail address: info@nilkkin.com and spoke to an Erica. If sending make sure you emphasize the P769 model! If not you might just get links to a P750 model. I have also contacted a manufacturer through Alibaba and the representative said she would inform the manufacturer of our model. Keep your fingers crossed everyone.