Issues Rooting with Superoneclick

Search This thread

mgoblueno1

Nov 10, 2011
Hi, I have tried rooting about 20 times (not even kidding), and almost every time it gets stuck on step #7. I have installed drivers from LG and have phone in debugging mode. (I tried doomlord, but it won't recognize my Nitro) Does anyone have any advice to help me root my Nitro?

*Mods, feel free to move this to the rooting section, it just wouldn't let me post in there*

Machzelet

Nov 30, 2010
Use SuperOneClick v.2.3.2 and not 2.3.3. The latest version don't want to root our Nitro. I can't understand why, but 2.3.2 version root very well.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda premium

Reactions: mgoblueno1

Ritcher

Feb 20, 2012
Natal
Hi, I have tried rooting about 20 times (not even kidding), and almost every time it gets stuck on step #7. I have installed drivers from LG and have phone in debugging mode. (I tried doomlord, but it won't recognize my Nitro) Does anyone have any advice to help me root my Nitro?

*Mods, feel free to move this to the rooting section, it just wouldn't let me post in there*

Remove the SD card( or unmount it), i got the same problem here and it thats what worked

punk_zappa

Mar 15, 2012
What worked for me was installing the Android SDK package.

I was hanging at step #7 as well and after installing the package it went through.

lordheavyc

Apr 12, 2012
Maine
problems rooting too!

So this being my first post and all please dont freak. I searched as best I could to find the proper thread to ask this and this seemed like the best option. So here it goes.

I myself tried rooting my phone with Superoneclick and after numerous attempts I failed miserably. So I tried Doomlord's rooting method. I thought I had figured it out because at the end it said "OK!" and it even rebooted my phone but when I tried to DL Titanium backup and busybox it said it could not gain root access. My question is, first would it be safe to attempt the root process again, or if not any ideas on what I might have done wrong and maybe a solution to fix it?

Thanks again

P.S dear Mod if this was the inappropriate place to post this I apologize in advance.

scott0

Dec 9, 2011
i would download the superuser app and see if tibu finds root

also, there should be no prob running the rooting app again if you choose to, if you are rooted already it should return a *already rooted* message.

Reactions: lordheavyc

lordheavyc

Apr 12, 2012
Maine
So I tried dl superuser and that did nothing. I even did a master reset maybe thinking that I might of changed a setting I want suppose to, and even that didn't work. Like I said I can't get SOC past step 7 and I've tried all the tips I read on here to get past that problem but nothing. Doomlords looks like it worked and it reboots my phone but still nothing. I would really truly appreciate any help!

thanks again

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA

thedicarlos

Dec 15, 2010
Saratoga Springs
I tried super one click and dark warlords roto rooter and nothing. I can't root and I want to. Like Herman Munster said...darn darn darn .

I took a photo of my errors so maybe some one could help?

Gino

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334948171204.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334948171204.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 87

thedicarlos

Dec 15, 2010
Saratoga Springs
I can't get my photo to upload

I cant get my screen shot to upload. I've tried everything. Anyhow, I still can't get my phone rooted. When I rooted my Aria, I used a program on my MAC that rooted it in about 20 seconds. Whatever happened to that?

Gino

drumist

Aug 6, 2010
I cant get my screen shot to upload. I've tried everything. Anyhow, I still can't get my phone rooted. When I rooted my Aria, I used a program on my MAC that rooted it in about 20 seconds. Whatever happened to that?

Gino

Apples and oranges. The two programs used to install custom recovery on the Aria utilize exploits in the HBOOT, which is something only HTC devices have.

What software version do you have on your device? (Look in Settings > About Phone > Software version)

lordheavyc

Apr 12, 2012
Maine
I'm having the same situation. Everything I've read says that if you did the security update without root already then you can't root now. I would love for some one to prove me wrong and show me a way. IM running 2.3.5 v10j with kernel 2.6.35.11.

Thanks

drumist

Aug 6, 2010

neuty

Apr 7, 2012
Chicagoland
I had the above problem with not being able to root my phone due to the software version i had. I had to use the "unbricking guide" and after some challenges i was able to restore the phone to stock with root. It is risky, but at this moment im not sure theres any other way to do it, unless someone with programming skills can find an alternate method to go back to a previous version of the software without resetting or unbricking the entire phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you use the latest SuperOneClick 2.3.3 for rooting your device? I can confirm it works with LG LU6200...

http://www.box.com/s/245a1043a874497c26e7

If this isn't working for you, this should:

http://www.box.com/s/9b369b91e370b60a1544

(its working in ADB mode, make sure your device is in USB debugging mode and connected to your PC)

Good luck!
    Use SuperOneClick v.2.3.2 and not 2.3.3. The latest version don't want to root our Nitro. I can't understand why, but 2.3.2 version root very well.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda premium
    i would download the superuser app and see if tibu finds root

also, there should be no prob running the rooting app again if you choose to, if you are rooted already it should return a *already rooted* message.
    @thedicarlos,

I'm afraid the CyanogenMod people (Ricardo) probably aren't too concerned about the lack of rooting options for our phone at this stage of the game because it's still actually possible if you know what you're doing. I know it's a barrier to adoption for CyanogenMod on this phone, but I don't know if the CM folks, specifically Ricardo, are usually involved in developing rooting tools.
    Well I was having trouble rooting my phone as well. Make sure that all the lg drivers are installed on your pc. On my laptop, I installed them and everytime I would plug in my phone, the windows install driver window would open up and sometimes it would not install all the updates even though I had installed them. So I used my dad's pc, installed all the drivers and used superoneclick 2.3.2 and it worked on the first try. Good Luck!!!