Issues Rooting with Superoneclick

Search This thread

s1imch4anc3

Jan 15, 2012
ive tried superoneclick all versions from 2.3.1 - 2.3.3...with v2.3.1 i got to step #7 and the program hangs just like everyone has said and with the other 2 versions it stopped responding at Starting ADB server...

so Just to be clear as of today if youve updated a P930 to the most recent software there is no way to root it...correct?

Malnilion

Dec 21, 2011
@thedicarlos,

I'm afraid the CyanogenMod people (Ricardo) probably aren't too concerned about the lack of rooting options for our phone at this stage of the game because it's still actually possible if you know what you're doing. I know it's a barrier to adoption for CyanogenMod on this phone, but I don't know if the CM folks, specifically Ricardo, are usually involved in developing rooting tools.

Reactions: thedicarlos

The Jell

Aug 11, 2007
Why?

Why does it have to be so hard? Could someone tell me what the manufacturers are trying to accomplish by blocking users from being able to root their own devices? Let's see... it's my phone, bought and paid for by me, and I am using it on a cellular provider's network that I have been paying for. IMHO, the manufacturers can ship the phone without root priveledge, that's fine, but they should be the one's developing and providing the rooting tool for a device they manufacture. I mean when you buy a house, they don't lock you out of one of the rooms in it and tell you that you can't go in there, and they won't provide the key? smh. ok, rant over, lol.

adca14

Dec 18, 2010
Well I was having trouble rooting my phone as well. Make sure that all the lg drivers are installed on your pc. On my laptop, I installed them and everytime I would plug in my phone, the windows install driver window would open up and sometimes it would not install all the updates even though I had installed them. So I used my dad's pc, installed all the drivers and used superoneclick 2.3.2 and it worked on the first try. Good Luck!!!

Reactions: thedicarlos

thedicarlos

Dec 15, 2010
Saratoga Springs
Rooting the Nitro HD

So you are saying you were still able to root after installing the security update? If that's the deal I will try again on my PC. Here's a quick question, does SuperOneClick work with Windows XP? I only have XP and Vista in the house!

Gino

adca14

Dec 18, 2010
So you are saying you were still able to root after installing the security update? If that's the deal I will try again on my PC. Here's a quick question, does SuperOneClick work with Windows XP? I only have XP and Vista in the house!

Gino

No I rooted my phone before installing the update. If you install the update you cannot root the LG Nitro with superoneclick or doomlords :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you use the latest SuperOneClick 2.3.3 for rooting your device? I can confirm it works with LG LU6200...

http://www.box.com/s/245a1043a874497c26e7

If this isn't working for you, this should:

http://www.box.com/s/9b369b91e370b60a1544

(its working in ADB mode, make sure your device is in USB debugging mode and connected to your PC)

Good luck!
    Use SuperOneClick v.2.3.2 and not 2.3.3. The latest version don't want to root our Nitro. I can't understand why, but 2.3.2 version root very well.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda premium
    i would download the superuser app and see if tibu finds root

also, there should be no prob running the rooting app again if you choose to, if you are rooted already it should return a *already rooted* message.
    @thedicarlos,

I'm afraid the CyanogenMod people (Ricardo) probably aren't too concerned about the lack of rooting options for our phone at this stage of the game because it's still actually possible if you know what you're doing. I know it's a barrier to adoption for CyanogenMod on this phone, but I don't know if the CM folks, specifically Ricardo, are usually involved in developing rooting tools.
    Well I was having trouble rooting my phone as well. Make sure that all the lg drivers are installed on your pc. On my laptop, I installed them and everytime I would plug in my phone, the windows install driver window would open up and sometimes it would not install all the updates even though I had installed them. So I used my dad's pc, installed all the drivers and used superoneclick 2.3.2 and it worked on the first try. Good Luck!!!