How to get 9005 ROMS working on TMOBILE GN3

Search This thread

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
Is Bluetooth fully working? I am getting apt-x BT receiver soon and want to make sure that apt-x still works. I can live without NFC til devs figure it out.

sent from my sm-900t.

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Oh and do Intl phones have secure element and that why NFC not working?

sent from my sm-900t.

as far as I can tell yes. I saw my TV - My wife's phone - My Cars Bluetooth and a Bluetooth keyboard I use sometimes - all connected flawlessly once I had flashed the Blue Tooth fix I talked about in the OP - remember, this is not my bluetooth fix - but one created by MISCOM in "Stainless ROM" development thread for TMOBILE - make sure you say thanks to her when you download the fix.

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
I have successfully flashed several 9005 ROMS - but something strange happens to me everytime I flashe OMEGA - For some reason - no matter which wipe options I choose in AROMA when Flashing OMEGA ROM or even when I choose no wipe and I manually wipe System/Cache/Delvik - my INTERNAL SD CARD is WIPED CLEAN every time.

I have posted this question on the OMEGA thread I am apparently the only one this has happened to - I wondered if it has happened to anyone else on a TMOBILE PHONE. If you have flashed the OMEGA ROM - 2.3 or 3.0 - did it wipe your INternal SD Card?

I really am kind of freaked out by this - as I never happens with any other 9005 rom I have flashed and DEV for OMEGA says this should not happen. No one else on OMEGA threads has complained about this either -

Anyone have a similar experience?

toyanucci

May 28, 2010
OnePlus 9
I have successfully flashed several 9005 ROMS - but something strange happens to me everytime I flashe OMEGA - For some reason - no matter which wipe options I choose in AROMA when Flashing OMEGA ROM or even when I choose no wipe and I manually wipe System/Cache/Delvik - my INTERNAL SD CARD is WIPED CLEAN every time.

I have posted this question on the OMEGA thread I am apparently the only one this has happened to - I wondered if it has happened to anyone else on a TMOBILE PHONE. If you have flashed the OMEGA ROM - 2.3 or 3.0 - did it wipe your INternal SD Card?

I really am kind of freaked out by this - as I never happens with any other 9005 rom I have flashed and DEV for OMEGA says this should not happen. No one else on OMEGA threads has complained about this either -

Anyone have a similar experience?

Same thing happened to me, also, my phone app doesnt work. It says unfortunately contacts has stopped working and crashes out. I cleared data for the phone app and contacts and contacts storage, I even restored contacts from stock mi7, same issue.

Also, on omega 3, did you get bt and wifi to work? They wouldnt work for me.

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
Same thing happened to me, also, my phone app doesnt work. It says unfortunately contacts has stopped working and crashes out. I cleared data for the phone app and contacts and contacts storage, I even restored contacts from stock mi7, same issue.

Also, on omega 3, did you get bt and wifi to work? They wouldnt work for me.

Yes- I flashed the BLUE TOOTH fix I talked about in the OP of this thread - but I was getting some FC's on Blue Tooth Sharing - which kept freezing the phone. So something changed between 2.3 and 3.0 that made our fix incompatible.

But to clarify something and to verify that I am not insane - did you say that your INTERNAL SD card was wiped too when you flashed OMEGA? Both Versions?

toyanucci

May 28, 2010
OnePlus 9
Yes- I flashed the BLUE TOOTH fix I talked about in the OP of this thread - but I was getting some FC's on Blue Tooth Sharing - which kept freezing the phone. So something changed between 2.3 and 3.0 that made our fix incompatible.

But to clarify something and to verify that I am not insane - did you say that your INTERNAL SD card was wiped too when you flashed OMEGA? Both Versions?

YUP! First time really pissed me off too, cause that's where the rom was. After it installed it just froze, couldnt figure out why, rebooted and it had wiped it at the end of the installlation. so for 3 I took precautions, I moved my importand stuff to external card. It wiped the internal just like before but this time I was prepared.

When you tried omega, did your phone app work?

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
YUP! First time really pissed me off too, cause that's where the rom was. After it installed it just froze, couldnt figure out why, rebooted and it had wiped it at the end of the installlation. so for 3 I took precautions, I moved my importand stuff to external card. It wiped the internal just like before but this time I was prepared.

When you tried omega, did your phone app work?

It did on the 2.3 version - I don't know about 3.0 - I flashed it but I kept ketting BLUE TOOTH SHARING FC's - even with BLUE TOOTH Turned off - so I restored my nandroid. I sure am glad to hear that I am not going crazy and it wasn't just me that had their internal SD card wiped. I am sorry you had those issues though - and I, like you, took precautions for the follow up times I flashed this. (freaked me out the first time it happened - I was like - whoa - what happened here - -??? :)

Thanks - hopefully, someone will get behind us and help make this and other N9005 Roms more compatible - It is very nice to have options - (BOB CAT works beautifully by the way)

Good Luck.

toyanucci

May 28, 2010
OnePlus 9
It did on the 2.3 version - I don't know about 3.0 - I flashed it but I kept ketting BLUE TOOTH SHARING FC's - even with BLUE TOOTH Turned off - so I restored my nandroid. I sure am glad to hear that I am not going crazy and it wasn't just me that had their internal SD card wiped. I am sorry you had those issues though - and I, like you, took precautions for the follow up times I flashed this. (freaked me out the first time it happened - I was like - whoa - what happened here - -??? :)

Thanks - hopefully, someone will get behind us and help make this and other N9005 Roms more compatible - It is very nice to have options - (BOB CAT works beautifully by the way)

Good Luck.

Well, partially solved it!

To make the rom work, I went to the thread you linked to in the OP but he has removed the BT fix. I like you already had the file, but using it didnt work. The author of that post however posted a link under the section "FOR DEVEOPERS"

What I did was open the omega rom zip file (not unzip, just open and browse the zip. I then replaced files with those from the "FOR DEVEOPERS" zip file. Then flashed the resulting file and bluetooth worked.

I originally was trying to use the stock mi7 kernel which is what was giving issues with wifi and I also did NOT flash the tmobile CSC file as that is what was causing my dialer to crash.

SO, by replacing the files I mentioned and using the compulsion kernel, Omega 3 will work without issue (except for nfc which we already knew wouldnt work

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
Well, partially solved it!

To make the rom work, I went to the thread you linked to in the OP but he has removed the BT fix. I like you already had the file, but using it didnt work. The author of that post however posted a link under the section "FOR DEVEOPERS"

What I did was open the omega rom zip file (not unzip, just open and browse the zip. I then replaced files with those from the "FOR DEVEOPERS" zip file. Then flashed the resulting file and bluetooth worked.

I originally was trying to use the stock mi7 kernel which is what was giving issues with wifi and I also did NOT flash the tmobile CSC file as that is what was causing my dialer to crash.

SO, by replacing the files I mentioned and using the compulsion kernel, Omega 3 will work without issue (except for nfc which we already knew wouldnt work

That's a big help thank you - what exact file di you copy and past the "Blue Tooth Fix" files into?

toyanucci

May 28, 2010
OnePlus 9
That's a big help thank you - what exact file di you copy and past the "Blue Tooth Fix" files into?

check the link I posted and go to "FOR DEVEOPERS" All the files in there should replace the ones in the omega zip. I deleted vendors, wifi and bluetooth folders and replaced them, along with the other bluetooth file. When you open it you will understand

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
check the link I posted and go to "FOR DEVEOPERS" All the files in there should replace the ones in the omega zip. I deleted vendors, wifi and bluetooth folders and replaced them, along with the other bluetooth file. When you open it you will understand

One quick question - ONe of the files I found in the "FIX" file had less than the total number of files that the original file had (the "Vendor/firmware' file - do I just copy and replace the new files with their corresponding files in the original file from the ROM or do delete the original VENDO/firmware file completely and replace it with the one from the FIX (even though there are less files inside than the original one -the fix had 11 files - and the original one had 19 or so -

DOes this question make sense? ( putting it simply should I completely replace the original Vendor/firmware file with the one from the Fix?

toyanucci

May 28, 2010
OnePlus 9
One quick question - ONe of the files I found in the "FIX" file had less than the total number of files that the original file had (the "Vendor/firmware' file - do I just copy and replace the new files with their corresponding files in the original file from the ROM or do delete the original VENDO/firmware file completely and replace it with the one from the FIX (even though there are less files inside than the original one -the fix had 11 files - and the original one had 19 or so -

DOes this question make sense? ( putting it simply should I completely replace the original Vendor/firmware file with the one from the Fix?

I deleted the folder and replaced the folder and all is well here!

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
Or you all can flash stainless rom and not have to worry about flashing CSC and Bluetooth patch anymore. Lol. That rom is da bomb diggity yo.

sent from my sm-9005.

lu84dr

Nov 10, 2013
What happens if i flash a Stock ROMS for N9005 in my N900T? Can someone answer me in details, please? Thanks.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using XDA Premium 4 Mobile App

nobrakes

Oct 25, 2006
I flashed echo rom with compulsion kernel and the fixes zip, everything works except Wi-Fi calling of course cause it's an international rom

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

toyanucci

May 28, 2010
OnePlus 9
I flashed the stock mi7 kernel and it worked great! Initially I was using compulsion kernel with omega rom 4 and I was having some bad wakelock problems and Android OS was using 35% of my battery. This wasn't the case when I was on mi7 rom, so I tried flashing the stock mi7 kernel with Omega Rom 4 (along with the wifi/nfc/bluetooth fix) and it worked great except wifi wasnt working :(

I then read in the trinity kernel thread : If you don't have wifi, edit your build.prop, change secure storage from true to false and you will have wifi. and it worked!

So I am on Omega Rom 4 with stock mi7 kernel and all is well!

I flashed echo rom with compulsion kernel and the fixes zip, everything works except Wi-Fi calling of course cause it's an international rom

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Tiffany84

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 27, 2010

I can't remember what 9005 rom it was but I was reading in that thread that T-Mobile users were also having issues with there internal memory being wiped when flashed. So I downloaded the rom, made some changes to the updater-script, flashed and my internal memory was intact and the rom worked great. So I'm downloading the latest Omega rom and am going to take a look at the updater-script. Will make any necessary changes, test and will let you know what I come up with. If all is okay then I'll send you the modified updater-script for you to swap or whoever else would like to flash the rom without having to worry about there internal memory being wiped. Will keep you posted.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: decalex

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It looks like it has gotten much easier to get BLUE TOOTH and WIFI working when you flash roms originally made for 9005 GN3 on a TMOBILE GN3.

First Step is go over and dowload the Bluetooth fix posted in the Stainless ROM in TMOBILE ANDROID DEVELOPMENT Forum http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2499593 Make sure you click thanks on the Dev who made this possible! MISCOM did a real service when she came up with this fix....

Step Two - flash the 9005 ROM of your choice (I have done this for both BOB CAT and OMEGA ROMS)

Step 3 - Flash ROM -

STEP FOUR Flash BLUE TOOTH FIX

Step Five - Flash TMOBILE KERNEL - I flashed Compulsive Ultimate 5.0 - don't know if it is absolutely necessary to this entire fix, but that is what I did anyway ....

Step 6 REBOOT

Step 7 Say thanks to the DEV who created the BLUE TOOTH FIX

GOOD LUCK

Whatever you do - make sure you give thanks to the DEV who created the BLUETOOTH FIX
    Damn you beat me to it lol i was just going to try this myself since i used to port n7100 note 2 roms to the att note 2, ill see about bluetooth :)

hmm wonder if same method for note 2 will work for borked bluetooth on note 3
    My internal gets wiped every time I flash x-note rom which is the only international rom I flash (other than foxhound) and I have never used the wipe function in aroma. I always full wipe in recovery. Foxhound doesn't wipe my internal sd after flash. I'm not too savvy when it comes to checking for what partitions get wiped during install and all that stuff so I just compared aroma options during install and the only real difference I saw (other than specific features/apps) was that x-note forces you to choose a csc during install. Now because I have a T-mobile Note 3, that changes my csc whenever I flash x-note rom coming from a t-mobile based rom. So I figured, it must be that which is causing my internal sd card to be wiped. It was just a guess as I can see that you have pretty much found the culprit in the updater script. My next question is can you share what you changed in the updater script? I want to flash the new x-note update but don't want my internal sd to be wiped when I do.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Let me download the l latest X-Note and make the changes I've been making to the updater-scipt and try flashing it and make sure my internal memory is intact and if all is well I'll send you the updater-scipt to replace. I would rather test on my device first and make sure everything is good before giving it to you God forbid anything went wrong. Highly unlikely but you never know. Let you know after while.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    I think the reason the internal sd card gets wiped when flashing x-note rom is because it changes the csc during install. When you flash x-note rom, you don't have the option to keep your csc you have to choose one of the available ones in the aroma installer. Changing your phone's csc will wipe the internal sd card. I'm just guessing here, but I'm almost sure that's what it is.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

That should have nothing to do with it. When I use to do some themeing I use to work with Scrosler, the creator of CleanROM and he always added being able to change csc to match the version or carrier you were on and it never touched the internal memory. Shouldn't affect it at all.

Edit: Also, I flashed a rom from the 9005 section that T-Mobile users were saying was wiping there internal memory. That rom also gave you the ability to choose csc during installation. I never touched that but I did open the updater-script and seen where they were mounting and wiping a partition that I've not seen get mounted or wiped on a T-Mobile rom. So I removed those lines from the updater-script, went through the normal install, booted the phone up and all was well and my internal memory was intact.

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Could a T-Mobile user that has FoxNHound downloaded or any other 9005 rom that didn't wipe your internal memory after flashing please post the updater-script from that rom for me? I'd greatly appreciate it. Saves me the time of having to download multiple roms and gives me more time to focus on what I think is causing us the problem. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Getting ready to flash Omega now. Wish me luck:eek:

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Succuess!! Made some changes to the updater-script from Omega v4.0, flahed the rom and everything is running good and my internal memory is still intact.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 4
    Looks like we have a fix for bluetooth by a great dev miscom, look in op and give thanks http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2499593

[ROM][N9005XXUBMJ3][V1][10/26] STAINLESS -- International ROM

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk