Bluetooth mic input so high its peaking

Search This thread

enettrek

Mar 18, 2010
I have a problem with my HTC One Max and my Plantronics Legend.
When in call people say they can't understand me because it's too loud.
In technical terms it's called peaking.
Is there a way to decrease bluetooth mic input when in calls?
My push to talk app zello sounds perfectly fine where it is as I tweaked it's recording down a bit.

I'm on Stock (Rooted) Kit Kat.

Last edited:

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
I have a problem with my HTC One Max and my Plantronics Legend.
When in call people say they can't understand me because it's too loud.
In technical terms it's called peaking.
Is there a way to decrease bluetooth mic input when in calls?
My push to talk app zello sounds perfectly fine where it is as I tweaked it's recording down a bit.

I'm on Stock (Rooted) Kit Kat.

My dad and I both have this phone and the legend. Neither one of us have this issue. Do you have the latest firmware on the legend?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

enettrek

Mar 18, 2010
My dad and I both have this phone and the legend. Neither one of us have this issue. Do you have the latest firmware on the legend?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I've updated the firmware twice... Even swapped it for another at best buy to see if it was the headset.
I went back to my epic 4g touch and it works fine with no complaints on the other side.
I've tried both JB and Kit Kat versions on the HTC One Max with the same results in complaints that the
other side of the conversation can't understand me.

enettrek

Mar 18, 2010
I'm thinking about the problem and I'm wondering if the Aslamixer program by skvalex can edit the input control volume of the bluetooth...
If so what control do I need to edit for it.

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
I didn't tweak any of the options.. kept the default, no matter how every time I tilted my head it thought I laid it down... lol

Oh. So you can resync it by turning it off and laying it flat.....then turn it on and don't touch it for five seconds. That's a quick fix. My permanent fix was to disable those Damn smart sensors.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk