FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[STABLE][2016.07.05] SuperSU v2.76 [CLOSED]

11,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,011

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 9th March 2012, 09:20 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
30th October 2012, 04:10 PM |#1511  
OP Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
Unfortunately, that told me the command originates from system_server, which tells us absolutely nothing, unfortunately. The command itself doesn't really seem to be anything malicious, though.

30th October 2012, 04:24 PM |#1512  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
So what else can we do to pinpoint the 'culprit', malicious or not?
30th October 2012, 05:26 PM |#1513  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 351

More
Not sure if it's relevant, but could this be related to roms that modify WiFi settings so it never goes to sleep, for example HTC's SmartSynv feature or similar? It only pops when you turn WiFi on

Sent from the pits with ViperX 1.0.1
30th October 2012, 05:33 PM |#1514  
Thanks Meter: 100

More
I have an Asus transformer infinity and it doesn't have this request where as my HTC One S does, the one s is rooted and unlocked but running stock 4.04, the Infinity is just rooted running Jellybean 4.1. One the One S for me it gets triggered when I turn on wifi, I tried this on the infinity and it doesn't make the request, granted both devices don't have the same apps.

My question is this only happening with HTC devices?
30th October 2012, 06:13 PM |#1515  
OP Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
I think everybody who has reported this has indeed been running HTC.

Still no idea what's causing this (I don't have HTC devices anymore, so this doesn't happen for me). It is still likely to be an installed app or script by the user causing this somehow. It's not technically impossible that HTC would include this command in their code, but it would make absolutely zero sense, as it wouldn't run on non-rooted devices.

One thing you could do is pull all files from the device (both /system and /data) and do a full binary search on all files to see which ones contain "ip route add"
30th October 2012, 06:29 PM |#1516  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

SuperSU has been updated to v0.97 !

How do I update to this new version from v0.96?

Thanks for new updated version!
30th October 2012, 06:34 PM |#1517  
Thanks Meter: 2,075

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrocket2

How do I update to this new version from v0.96?

Thanks for new updated version!

Like most other apps, via the Play Store. If you can't for some reason, then flash the zip in the OP.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pons For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pons Ad-Free
30th October 2012, 08:28 PM |#1518  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quote:

Which means it's probably auto-granting it

Never

So you mean to your 0.97 update, suddenly came a mksh root request. Where should this request come at once? Super User accepts the request automatically? That sounds both very funny.

HTC One X
30th October 2012, 09:08 PM |#1519  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 29,808

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by siseam

Prior to v0.87 the prompt option was saved for each app but after that version even if you set the per-app access option to "prompt" you still have to mark "Ask me again next time" each time otherwise access will be set to "deny" or "grant".

This the only but still pretty important that the original Superuser app has SuperSu doesn't support. The older Superuser app saves whether you marked "Remember" at the last prompt so one can use this feature to get prompted for every access attempt. However, this way you could grant or deny access with a wrongly selected "Remember" option.
So it would be best if there were an global preference whether "Ask me again next time" should be marked by default or not.

Quote:

I put this on my to-do list.

Fantastic! There are definitely some apps like BootUnlocker that I'd like to get prompted every time, so this is an awesome addition.
30th October 2012, 09:15 PM |#1520  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,685

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I think everybody who has reported this has indeed been running HTC.

Still no idea what's causing this (I don't have HTC devices anymore, so this doesn't happen for me). It is still likely to be an installed app or script by the user causing this somehow. It's not technically impossible that HTC would include this command in their code, but it would make absolutely zero sense, as it wouldn't run on non-rooted devices.

One thing you could do is pull all files from the device (both /system and /data) and do a full binary search on all files to see which ones contain "ip route add"

It comes from libChange.so (checked on a HTC Sense 4.1 rom)

su -c ip route add 224.0.0.0/4 dev %s
30th October 2012, 09:19 PM |#1521  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisch1974

It comes from libChange.so (checked on a HTC Sense 4.1 rom)

su -c ip route add 224.0.0.0/4 dev %s

and why it asks only for the Supersu.app? Not when Superuser.app, any idea?

So it's a system query?

HTC One X
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root, super user functions
Previous Thread Next Thread