[WIP][DEV] S-Off [off-topic discussion prohibited]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

SouL Shadow

Jun 17, 2010
Stratford, CT
www.soulshadow.net
I'd love an answer from someone who really knows because I've had S-OFF for 4 months and I've never used it for anything good yet. I'm hoping now that everyone will have it some fun stuff will come from it.

Dual boot would be fun and I think S-OFF makes it possible?

S-Off will allow you to flash any and all firmware directly from hboot. This includes the hardware bootloaders (sbl1, sbl2, sbl3, rpm, tz), radios, tp (touch panel), pri, and many others that are sometimes included.

S-off also allows you to flash unsigned zips through hboot (such as custom recoveries and even a custom hboot).

Once s-off you can ALWAYS regain root and no matter what you flash you will not lose s-off (unless you deliberately, manually set it back to s-on)

-SLS-

ImagioX1

Sep 18, 2012
I saw in the DNA s-off thread that beaups said that it is a simple method that is used to get s-off. Hopefully that will help cut down on noobs messing around with it and bricking their phones in the process.

Reactions: mrjaydee82

Root-Maniac

Jan 10, 2012
SO. Cali.
I saw in the DNA s-off thread that beaups said that it is a simple method that is used to get s-off. Hopefully that will help cut down on noobs messing around with it and bricking their phones in the process.

It's definitely a major face palm. All the deva are gonna kick them selves in the butt when they hear how simple this is!!! Seriously!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

oranget

Feb 14, 2013
It's definitely a major face palm. All the deva are gonna kick them selves in the butt when they hear how simple this is!!! Seriously!!

Why the big mystery around it? It is out, confirmed working, what is the hold up on releasing it?

ImagioX1

Sep 18, 2012

Something so simple also seems to indicated that its something HTC could easily patch and prevent s-off using this method.

954wrecker

Jul 9, 2012
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9
I can tell you my att one x arrived with s-off and hboot 1.09 fw 1.73 and I popped my T-Mobile sim card in and didn't need an unlock code. Hopefully s-off sim unlocks everyone's phones as a nice little bonus. My phone was a spiff given to an att employee at a convention and has the HTC logo rather than the att logo if this info helps at all.

Sent from my HTC One XL

Reactions: ECEXCURSION

K4get

It's been a long hard wait . And many of you have worked so hard trying to get s-off .
I wish everyone could share the credit in one way or another .
Special thanks to beaups , jcase ,dsb9938 , dr_drache .
We have broken through the chains that were put in front of us all .
I have learned so much from the htc one xl trend . from green to s-off
THANK YOU K4GET

Reactions: Dacra
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

OK, bootloader is unlocked, I am working on recovery, so the next challenge is....................S-OFF!!! Aw, f%@ck, I thought i had my life back...

I invite all users with ideas and/or knowledge to jump in and tell me what they think I am doing right and what makes me a moron. I have no pride, so lay it on me.

I will post progress reports in Post #2.

Anyway, here's to getting this done quickly.

Steve

Moderator Edit
    This Thread has been moved back to the development section in an effort to put an end to the off topic discussion.
    Given the size of this thread I'm going to suggest that you USE the Search thread feature located at the top to make sure your suggestion or idea has not been attempted already.

ANY OFF TOPIC POSTS WILL BE DELETED!
    Confirmed S-Off for Evita. Booyah! And its all software as well, no hardware required. What a find by our man beaups! :) confirmed working
    You suck at moderating ... We have no use of you.. go now we 'd be better off without you in these forums...you suck you suck you suck you suck ...power hungry people like you make me sick

Goodbye

XwEap.jpg
    Progress Reports

Just starting out...
    More good news Here.............

There have been 3 crucial files that we have been needing and searching for.

Partition.XML
    8960_msimage.mbn
    Mprg8960.hex

I was able to build 2 of them from scratch and they are proper

8960_msimage.mbn
    http://db.tt/zePePzCO

Partition_boot.XML
    http://db.tt/IeKEAsLj

So we have 2 ready, now to make them usable we need the mprg8960.hex, which is the flash programmer. Once we have the 3 together, we can flash the emmc to a big USB storage device, and we can build from scratch. This should not only benefit s off but unbricking any Evita that is in qshusb mode, regardless of how it got there and what firmware it was on......

8960_msimage.mbn is used in conjunction with the mprg8960.hex to flash emmc into usb storage device.

Partition_boot.XML will be used to flash sbl1, sbl2, sbl3, tz and rpm if one of them becomes corrupted.....namely sbl3 or rpm, as we sit, if either of those get borked, there is no fix ATM.

So......mprg8960.hex......we need to find one or build one:beer:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

I'm not investigating the pads on the motherboard ATM. A bricked hox cant provide the testing needed so if anyone else wants to jump on that it may provide some good news for us.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2