iContact Burt Edition 6.4.5: stable, fast, improved, bugfixed

Search This thread

truburt

Jun 7, 2008
Saint-Petersburg
October, 31: iContact Burt Edition 6.4.5 (home page)

iContact Burt Edition (iContact BE) is a separate branch of iContact application, finger-friendly contact manager, which was originally started by Larna and expanded by supbro. iContact BE came apart of supbro's iContact since version 0.73, and is not related to any supbro's versions later than 0.73.

Thanks to larna and supbro for creating and developing such a great application!

THIS SOFTWARE IS DISCONTINUED BY THE AUTHOR.
Please refer to open-source project at http://icontactae.codeplex.com/ for latest sources of iContact BE and AE.

Latest Beta: iContact BE 7.0 beta 2.zip

Downloads:
Skins:
Requirements:
  • Windows Mobile 5.0 or higher
  • Phone device
Thanks everyone who helped with beta-testing, I couldn't get so far with iContact without you!

Since I've been asked for a donation link, you can do a donation here (WebMoney only, since PayPal donations do not work for Russia).

Main features:
  • It's totally free
  • Finger-friendly contact management
  • Contact pictures support
  • Integrated Call History
  • Favorite Contacts list
  • Quick jump to contacts by alphabet letters
  • Filter contacts by categories
  • Fast and comfortable work even on slow devices, loading time is less than 1.5 seconds for 100 contacts on 200MHz devices
  • Optional SIM contacts support
  • Full-scale T9 search
  • Ability to Call, SMS or E-Mail to a contact
  • Handy contact details screen
  • Quick access to standard Outlook's contact viewing or editing dialog
  • VGA support
  • Fully skinnable interface. Two QVGA skins included, more skins can be found in my Skin Downloads area or at xdaforums.com
Changes since 6.4:
- Fixed drawing of default number in Contact Details (indicator icon placement fixed, DetailsDefaultNumber color used)
- Fixed bug with going to Contact Details from Call Details when call history pictures are disabled (also fixes bug where button 'create contact' was still accessible after creating contact from call details)
- Fixed bug with call not shown in Call History if Get Call History From Database is off and only one call exists in the log
- Fixed list update on adding/removing categories through Outlook Edit Contact window
- Fixed Exit On Action option
Main changes since 6.3.1:
- Huge memory leak bug fixed
- iDialer support, added command-line parameters for iDialer (-favorites, -recents, -contacts, -dialer, -search)
- T9 keyboard polished
- Now it is possible to search by beginnings of words ('T9 Search By Words' option), e.g. 'smi' will find both 'Smith John' and 'John Smith', but not 'Dart Cosmic'
- Other Address and Anniversary added to contact details
- Long tap on Dialer button calls default dialer, short tap calls dialer from settings, if given
- Phone Prefix option now available, allowing to add a prefix to all dialed numbers
- If an external SMS/Mail/Dialer application can not be run, then default app will be called
- Repeats in Call History are now handled properly
- Smart Dialing Number is now OFF by default to avoid ActiveSync synchronization issues
- Smartphone users can now access bottom menu in Details by pressing corresponding numeric key (1 for Back, 2 for View Contact, etc)
- Back key now erases last char in search string on Smartphones
- Background in Details is now drawn gradient for long details too
- Configurator updated to 1.15, now can restart iContact on settings change
- AppToDate support
- No skin changes, you can use the skins from previous release

See full change list in attached Changelog.txt file.

Attachments

• contacts.png
    contacts.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 42,101
  • details.png
    details.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 34,701
  • iContactBE6.4.5.CAB
    175.1 KB · Views: 6,694
  • iContactBE6.4.5VGA.CAB
    198.1 KB · Views: 4,883
  • iContactBE6.4.5exe.zip
    253.7 KB · Views: 1,014
  • Changelog.zip
    8.1 KB · Views: 651
  • iContactBE7beta.CAB
    178.6 KB · Views: 1,361
  • iContactBE7betaVGA.CAB
    201.6 KB · Views: 1,656
Last edited:

truburt

Jun 7, 2008
Saint-Petersburg
A bunch of questions for me from supbro's thread:

Herewith the screenshot.
I've changed in icontact.h the font size to 40.
I also changed the item height and some other items.(don't remember)
Hope you can help me make a VGA version .
Thanks anyway !

Item Details are drawn in DrawItemDetailsOn function inside iContact.cpp file. Action name (Mobile, Email, etc) has a fixed width of 39 pixels, text is right-aligned within this width, so its left side goes off the screen. So huge rework is required to properly support VGA mode. Maybe one day I will put my hands on it...

When I hit the keyboard icon (far right) to bring up the alphabet, if I hit a letter, the scroll list of names jumps to that letter....great...however, now if I use the D-pad up/down buttons to move down in that letter, it jumps back to the previous location. Hopefully that makes sense. Before I could use the D-Pad buttons and it would stay in the letter that I just jumped to.

Yep, thanks for report! The fix will be included in the next release.

Ather

Retired Senior Moderator
May 26, 2007
Well this is what happens when you open source an app..it just keeps getting better and better..too bad its not for WM 2003 users ( currently one of them :( )

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
burt. your version is AMAZING.. i don't think i could've asked for anything more. :)
thanks dude.
if i were you.. (or supbro), i'd gather up and go commercial once you finish correcting whatever you have left. (if you have anything to correct).

Trekvogel

Aug 21, 2007
burt. your version is AMAZING.. i don't think i could've asked for anything more. :)
thanks dude.
if i were you.. (or supbro), i'd gather up and go commercial once you finish correcting whatever you have left. (if you have anything to correct).

Going commercial with an open source app? You don't think someone will come up with a free version that can do the same?

Jun 15, 2006
I seem to have a little buggette -

If I minimize the app in Favourites view, when I restore it, switch to main view and try to use the grid, it freezes. I can only unfreeze it by closing it.

Starfury

Feb 10, 2007
Two bugs I've found so far and it seems to affect both your version and supware.net's version too.

When clicking on Favourite it hangs the phone for about 8 seconds. When clicking on Recent calls it hangs the phone for 5 seconds and the icon for the A-Z disappears (reappears again if you click the middle icon).

Feature request. There is no separation of call types (incoming, outgoing and missed). You have to go into each entry to find out what type it is.
Is there any way of having a colored icon on the entry so we can tell quickly what type it is?

HaiLe512

Feb 27, 2007
Bug in contact details?

Switched to contact details on this version will produce contact info plus many blank lines where there is not supposed to have any lines. Previous be4.0 does not have this problem.

tekknogenius

Jun 24, 2003
Feature Request

Option to bring up keyboard automatically when started if on the opening screen (I always use that to get to the letter of the person I want to call or lookup).

Great work!

pjdick

Oct 24, 2007
Question \ Feature Request

Is there a way to make iContacts start in Favorites? I call my favorites more than anyone else. I currently have to take an extra step to get to them now, as the application starts in the general contacts list....

If it can't be done currently, could you please add that feature?

Thanks.

wearefree

Oct 10, 2007
Switched to contact details on this version will produce contact info plus many blank lines where there is not supposed to have any lines. Previous be4.0 does not have this problem.

Same problem here... will use 4.0 for now.

Feature request: could you change the time displayed at the title bar in 12 hr format as well?

Thanks for the great work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    at the end of contacts list sais v0.7 :)

i there any options to reduce the fonte size in contacts list?
    i instaled the v7.0, in a vga pda, and the skin was qvga, the list shows at a small size and i like it, but the menus are reduced too, and tha i dont like.
    if you can make an option to select the font size in call list i think it should be perfect.
    think about that

keep up the exelent work