[Oct 9][SD][UPDATE] Bangsters V1.5 | RMNET + PPP | [Kernel: R11 (AXI/NOAXI) + EVO]

Search This thread

bangsters

Apr 5, 2010
Bangsters V1.5 (CM6) Froyo Theme
AXI + NOAXI + EVO | RMNET + PPP | BRUT MAPS

Highlights:

- WIFI Tethering/Hotspot! Works flawless with RMNET, for PPP need to run a script
- USB Mass Storage
- Cyanogen CM6 latest nightly
- Change Internet, DPI and Data Image size from startup.txt :)
- led light and keypad lights
- GPS fixed
- Bluetooth fixed (supposedly, please test and confirm)
- Michyprima RC11 Normal with AXI and NON AXI, or EVO zImage (easily switch between the three via startup.txt, or even use your own)
- added BRUT MAPS
- updated to latest launcherpro and ADW Launcher
- GPS Zone easily configurable via startup.txt as well :)

I'm releasing this build which I use daily. It's now V1.5 as it is a stable build suited for daily use. This is a standard froyo theme (2.2) with adjustable dpi settings and adjustable data image size from startup.txt. It is also using the latest R11 zImages from MichyPrima and Evo zImages. Simply switch via editing startup.txt

Note: Previous users of RC1.0/1.1 please wipe everything and reinstall as I changed a lot.... I went the route of everyone else with a system.ext2 file system instead of htcleo_update.tar.gz... this makes it easier to reinstall build as you only have to delete data.img.

To upgrade from previous version while keeping your data intact:

Previous users of V1/V1.1,1.2,1.3, you can just copy over the system.ext2, rootfs.img, and root folder as well as the other folders, and leave your data.img so that you get to keep your settings.

Some features:
  • CM6 Nightly 9/19/2010 build
  • 180 dpi or 240dpi, easily change from startup.txt - more icons in screen when combined with ADW Launcher
  • Includes ADW Launcher and LauncherPro
  • Following Working: Camera w/ Flash, Camcorder, GPS (USA default), 3G, Wifi, WIFI Tethering/Hotspot, Flashlight with 180dpi, LED, Keypad Lights, USB Mass Storage
  • Froyo Default Theme, FRG33
  • UserData adjustable. Just make the changes in startup.txt before first boot! Will take some time on first boot due to size of data image being created.
  • choose from different zImages. Just make the changes in startup.txt to choose between MichyPrima's R11 AXI, NOAXI, and EVO.

Need to Test:
  • Not sure - Bluetooth (someone has to test since I have no BT headset to test with)

Again, I'm releasing this since I use it. Use if you want to at your own risk (don't worry it won't brick your phone)

I'm using this build with ChuckyDroid Rom (with FD DriodBoot cooked in) and radio 2.12.50 without any issues.

NOTE:

Thanks to all those who have donated. If you want me to put your name here, please PM me and with the paypal code.

louie317, ktran1588, partie, bler, Uglymittens, and others whom I don't know their userids yet so i can't post here :)

-----------
If you're feeling generous feel free to donate

Attachments

• screenshot_4.jpg
    screenshot_4.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 18,540
  • screenshot_5.jpg
    screenshot_5.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 16,187
  • screenshot_6.jpg
    screenshot_6.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 21,939
  • screenshot_9.jpg
    screenshot_9.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 15,959
  • screenshot_10.jpg
    screenshot_10.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 14,428
  • screenshot_11.jpg
    screenshot_11.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 18,163
Last edited:

bangsters

Apr 5, 2010

Latest Version Download: 1.5 Uploaded 10.09.2010

DOWNLOAD HERE VIA MULTIUPLOAD (1.5)

NETWORK SWITCHER SCRIPT (switch between RMNET and PPP script for GScript)

Download this and extract to gscript folder in the root of the sdcard (outside of Android folder!). Then go to GScript and load the script. This file is already in V1.4 download.

Warning! Read everything before you make any modifications to the files.

#be careful when editing the settings.

set cmdline "rel_path=Android data_size=2048 lcd_res=180 conn_type=ppp kernel_type=axi gps_zone=us"

boot

AVAILABLE OPTIONS FOR STARTUP.TXT:

# conn_type: ppp,rmnet
# kernel_type: axi, noaxi, evo, custom
# gps_zone: us, europe, etc (pls check your zone based on pool.ntp.org
# lcd_res: any variable from 140 to 240, my default is 180, Froyo default is 240
# data_size: 2048 for 2GB, 1024 for 1GB, 512 for 512MB
# rel_path: Android. Be careful when changing this. this is the android folder in the sdcard

If you are having issues booting, try editing startup.txt and change set cmdline "rel_path=Android data_size=2048 lcd_res=180 conn_type=ppp kernel_type=axi gps_zone=us" to "set cmdline rel_path=Android data_size=2048 lcd_res=180 conn_type=ppp kernel_type=axi gps_zone=us loop_partition=mmcblk0""

Instructions on setting Data Image Size, setting DPI resolution, changing between PPP/RMNET, changing GPS ZONE, using AXI/NOAXI/EVO or your own zImage:

Before running Android for the first time (or if you want to change the data image, then just delete your existing data.img file), edit startup.txt and look for the line

set cmdline "rel_path=Android data_size=2048 lcd_res=180 conn_type=ppp kernel_type=axi gps_zone=us"

Change that line to adjust your desired data image size, screen resolution, and to switch between RMNET/PPP.

How to change Data Image:

change this: data_size=2048

2048 = 2GB, 1024 = 1GB, 512 = 512MB

Example. to have 1GB image size set it to 1024, for 2GB set it to 2048. 512MB put 512. Default is set to 512.

Change Screen Resolution:

To change the DPI easily via startup.txt, edit the variable that says dpi_res = 180 and change it according to your preference. Set it to 240 to have default resolution.

To switch between PPP/RMNET:

To switch between RMNET and PPP, change this variable, conn_type=ppp in startup.txt. Options are ppp and rmnet. You don't have to replace any file or anything, just this variable :)

Note: In PPP mode, WIFI router needs to run a script to fix the iptables (thanks Warrenb). In the Android folder, there is a file, ppp_wifi_router.sh. You need to run that everytime you activate WIFI Router. You can run it two ways:

1. Open the file in terminal.

2. Copy the contents of that file to G-Scripts so it's one click from Home screen :)

WARNING! If you are switching zImages, make sure that the zImage supports both RMNET and PPP if you want both. IF NOT, then MAKE SURE that the setting in startup.txt is the same! Example: Evo based kernels are PPP only, so makesure startup.txt says ppp.

To switch between AXI, NOAXI, and uploading your own zImge READ THIS!!

In startup.txt look at this line:

the kernel_type=axi specifies to dynamically load the AXI kernel. If this does not work for you, change axi to noaxi. then reboot.
If you want to use your own zImage, change axi to custom, then upload your own zImage into the Android folder. Also upload the equivalent modules with it. If you do not set this to custom, whatever zImage you copy to the Android folder will be replaced.
Also I included Power Control Plus by accident. It is a paid app and will not run without license. Either buy the license in market or just uninstall it.

To Set GPS ZONE:

In startup.txt:

Change the part that says gps_zone=us. If it's europe, change it to europe. It can be anything before the xxxxxx.pool.ntp.org. US is us.pool.ntp.org (hence I put "us"). For europe it europe.pool.ntp.org (hence I put "europe"), and so forth....

Refer to pool.ntp.org for this.

For those having Issues Sending MMS:

Adjust the APN settings (below is for TMO US) Leave the other fields the way they are and only change these fields!

Name: T-Mobile US
APN: epc.tmobile.com
Proxy: 216.155.165.050
Port: 8080
Username: (leave this blank)
Password: (leave this blank)
Server: (leave this blank)
MMSC: http://mms.msg.english.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50
MMS Port: 8080
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0 (if you have this)
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
APN Type: default,supl,mms

If you have a different carrier, boot into WINMO and get the APN settings for MMS, then plug them into your Andoird Settings.

Please go through this Checklist:

1. Format SDCARD, NOT Quick Format but Full Format, use 32K block size (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT)

2. Switch to Chuckydroid Rom

3. Switch to 2.10.50_26 radio (especially if using TMO USA)

4. Re-download the build

5. Do not change the settings of startup.txt and boot it (for testing purposes as that default setting is what I use I have no issues whatsoever)

6. download setcpu and set for Interactive Governor

7. Go to Spare Parts and speed up transitions, and disable compatibility mode

8. For those having Issues Sending MMS adjust APN settings and use settings above for TMO US. If you have a different carrier, boot into WINMO and get the APN settings for MMS, then plug them into your Andoird Settings.

If something still is wrong after this I'll be puzzled myself.....

I was just able to use GPS, Wifi Tethering, Phone Call, send a 5MB email all at the same time while going home from Philadelphia yesterday. Search this thread for the word Sonic to see that post.)

Changelog:

V1.5

- Further changes to rootfs
- updated to latest Nightly
- fixed minor bugs

V1.4

- Totally reworked rootfs.img script on how startup options are handled. Should be working better than 1.3 and 1.3a
- Added option to choose EVO zImage via startup.txt
- updated to latest Nightly
- fixed some bugs (wallpaper, etc)
- more changes

V1.3a patch

- reworked script how startup.txt is processed.

V1.3a

- Re-Added LauncherPro (latest version)
- Updated ADW Launcher to latest
- Installed BRUT Maps
- modification in startup.txt
- GPS Zone now configured via startup.txt
- Included both AXI and NON AXI kernel from MichyPrima. To switch, easily change from startup.txt.
- replaced led light driver for battery issues
- some minor stuff...

V1.3

- fixed Bluetooth. Now it does data transfer between a MAc/PC and the HD2. For BT calls, someone has to check and confirm, since I don't have any BT headset (If you want, donate so I can buy one)
- Modified startup. Now takes in variables for screen resolution, data image size, and RMNET/PPP
- Easily switch between RMNET/PPP without replacing any files... just edit startup.txt then reboot.
- Uses MichyPrima's R11 Normal Kernel with both AXI/NOAXI
- some minor fixes for stability and speed

NOTE: I tried installing brut maps but didn't get to test it. I'll fix this soon for 1.3A :)

V1.2a

- fixed browser related issue (broswer FC, Facebook, Zedge)
- fixed wifi router bug

V1.2

- CM6 Nightly FRG33 (9/5/2010 buiid)
- Improved performance, speed, and stability
- Adjusted some widget to 35% transparency (News and Weather)
- Bluetooth update (please confirm since I don't have any BT devices)

V1.1

- Fixed GPS
- Minor changes on default apps
- Superuser updated to latest version
- removed Amazon MP3 app from default
- Bluetooth update (please confirm since I don't have any BT devices)

V1.00

Initial Non RC Release

RC 1.1

Camera fix

RC 1.0

Build preview for beta testing

Last edited:

songokussm

Apr 13, 2010
thx bro. downloading now.

also i second adding the donation link. i cant figure out how to make my own roms, so hey why not send a beer your way.

/cheers

i need a 1gb data file. can you post a fix for that.

edit1: dont forget for bootup issues add:
set cmdline "rel_path=Android loop_partition=mmcblk0"

edit2: data on att connects but does not function at all (this is in edge mode) during the intial setup wizard. otherwise so far only the edge icon doesn't not animate.

Last edited:

bangsters

Apr 5, 2010
thx bro. downloading now.

also i second adding the donation link. i cant figure out how to make my own roms, so hey why not send a beer your way.

/cheers

i need a 1gb data file. can you post a fix for that.

i'll post the 1GB file and other upgrades, and mirrors later.... jsut tried to do this as soon as possible so you guys can get it.

i'll polish the build later.... reuploading....

Last edited:

tafo

Dec 8, 2008
Beirut
i think guys we became leo android addictors:p its 6 am here in lebanon and im refreshing android development thread regularly to catch any new work:p downloading now for testing:) thanks Bangsters for the hard work;) you rock:D

Last edited:

bangsters

Apr 5, 2010
Randy Couture just wooped the floor with Tony lol.... 1st round TKO.....

now waiting for main fight with BJ Penn... then off to more changes on the build :)

Please be patient. this is the best I can come up with in 2+ hours.

sullitf

Dec 2, 2008
Screen shots anyone?

Maybe I'm missing something, but how is the dpi higher than other roms? Isn't that a hardware restriction based on the screen?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bangsters V1.5 (CM6) Froyo Theme
    AXI + NOAXI + EVO | RMNET + PPP | BRUT MAPS

Highlights:

- WIFI Tethering/Hotspot! Works flawless with RMNET, for PPP need to run a script
    - USB Mass Storage
    - Cyanogen CM6 latest nightly
    - Change Internet, DPI and Data Image size from startup.txt :)
    - led light and keypad lights
    - GPS fixed
    - Bluetooth fixed (supposedly, please test and confirm)
    - Michyprima RC11 Normal with AXI and NON AXI, or EVO zImage (easily switch between the three via startup.txt, or even use your own)
    - added BRUT MAPS
    - updated to latest launcherpro and ADW Launcher
    - GPS Zone easily configurable via startup.txt as well :)

I'm releasing this build which I use daily. It's now V1.5 as it is a stable build suited for daily use. This is a standard froyo theme (2.2) with adjustable dpi settings and adjustable data image size from startup.txt. It is also using the latest R11 zImages from MichyPrima and Evo zImages. Simply switch via editing startup.txt

Note: Previous users of RC1.0/1.1 please wipe everything and reinstall as I changed a lot.... I went the route of everyone else with a system.ext2 file system instead of htcleo_update.tar.gz... this makes it easier to reinstall build as you only have to delete data.img.

To upgrade from previous version while keeping your data intact:

Previous users of V1/V1.1,1.2,1.3, you can just copy over the system.ext2, rootfs.img, and root folder as well as the other folders, and leave your data.img so that you get to keep your settings.

Some features:
    • CM6 Nightly 9/19/2010 build
    • 180 dpi or 240dpi, easily change from startup.txt - more icons in screen when combined with ADW Launcher
    • Includes ADW Launcher and LauncherPro
    • Following Working: Camera w/ Flash, Camcorder, GPS (USA default), 3G, Wifi, WIFI Tethering/Hotspot, Flashlight with 180dpi, LED, Keypad Lights, USB Mass Storage
    • Froyo Default Theme, FRG33
    • UserData adjustable. Just make the changes in startup.txt before first boot! Will take some time on first boot due to size of data image being created.
    • choose from different zImages. Just make the changes in startup.txt to choose between MichyPrima's R11 AXI, NOAXI, and EVO.

Need to Test:
    • Not sure - Bluetooth (someone has to test since I have no BT headset to test with)

Again, I'm releasing this since I use it. Use if you want to at your own risk (don't worry it won't brick your phone)

I'm using this build with ChuckyDroid Rom (with FD DriodBoot cooked in) and radio 2.12.50 without any issues.

NOTE:

Thanks to all those who have donated. If you want me to put your name here, please PM me and with the paypal code.

louie317, ktran1588, partie, bler, Uglymittens, and others whom I don't know their userids yet so i can't post here :)

-----------
    If you're feeling generous feel free to donate

Thanks for the info about the SD card replacement. I called the number and it was very easy to get the new card. I just told them about the freezes (which I did have back in WinMO) and music stutter.

The rep let me know that the card would be pre-loaded with everything like the Transformers movies. haha! Lebeouf free with your SD card replacement!
    the lag isn't specific to just this build. I fixed on mine but I did a whole lot of mods to remove freezing, and lower batt usage, but can't remember exactly what I did. There is a thread that covers the lag or complete screen lockout issue, think it's in the hd2 general android section.

I know one thing someone mention was to never use the red button (call end) to wake up the phone, use windows or home button.