[bootanimation] bootanimations and bootanimation requests

Search This thread

dyliho

Apr 27, 2011
Fayetteville or RussellHell, AR
No rush. I will grab it sometime tomorrow if you get it. I don't really need it for anything. I just like to check out the original files.

No problem man, any way at all I can help make this easier just post it. I am jazzed for sure!! No rush this end - do it right the first time. Although that hasn't happened for me - Yet!

-MyPocketWizard-

In homage to what I just posted : I can't seem to get the files to upload. Downloaded Rom again, decompressed, cut bootimage.zip, pasted to root of SD, wrote this post, clicked manAge attachments, picked file, pushed upload. XDA.com notification keeps popping up to select a file.

Last edited:

Wolf

Jan 8, 2011
41°50′13″N, 87°41′4″W
Ok Dyliho, here it is. I did not have time to test it but just copy this file with Root Explorer to the right location, probably either data/local or system/customize/resource. Mount the location folder as R/W and paste this in there. You can rename the original file that is in there as ".bak" instead of "zip" and you can keep the original as a backup in that folder if you ever want to use it again. After pasting this file in there mount the folder as R/O and close out. Reboot and check it out. Like I said, I did not have a chance to test it or even see what it looks like. Tell me what you think.

EDIT: Re download it again and try copying and pasting. I changed something in the file to mimic the HoneyHD file.

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Reactions: dyliho

dyliho

Apr 27, 2011
Ok Dyliho, here it is. I did not have time to test it but just copy this file with Root Explorer to the right location, probably either data/local or system/customize/resource. Mount the location folder as R/W and paste this in there. You can rename the original file that is in there as ".bak" instead of "zip" and you can keep the original as a backup in that folder if you ever want to use it again. After pasting this file in there mount the folder as R/O and close out. Reboot and check it out. Like I said, I did not have a chance to test it or even see what it looks like. Tell me what you think.

Alrighty wolf, flashing, err, copying and pasting now! Will let you know results!!

-MyPocketWizard-

dyliho

Apr 27, 2011
Erg..... I can't get this baby to work Mr. Wolf! I did as you said, but I keep getting the HoneyHD boot animation....

How difficult would it be to make this a flashable boot animation? If its too much no worries... BTW I couldn't ever get the files to upload with a post, the original bootanimations you requested. I didn't forget, just gave up. I guess I need to make a dropbox account. The boot.zip was in system>customize>resources BTW...

-MyPocketWizard-

Wolf

Jan 8, 2011
41°50′13″N, 87°41′4″W
I just tested it and it works. I am using AR ROM at the moment. Are you using Root Explorer? Make sure you are mounting the folder as r/w before making changes and mounting it as r/o before you back out. Do you see another bootanimation in the resource folder, (honeyhd)? Also check out data/local and see if there is a boot animation in there. Make sure you change the name of the Honeyhd boot animation so that there is only one boot animation in the folder. I may have to download that HoneyHd theme and take a look at it.

EDIT: Re download it again and try copying and pasting. I changed something in the file to mimic the HoneyHD file. If you are still having problems I will have to make a flash file later.

Last edited:

dyliho

Apr 27, 2011
It worked!!!! Rock on Wolf, its gorgeous! ShroomySense! Hell yeah man, great work and thanks a billion! I was using File Expert and couldn't see /data. So I went to system.... When I used ES Explorer and turned on Root Access it should everything, and I renamed with no problems, cut and pasted NP, and all in /data/local this time, changed permissions according to the previous - BAM! Way to go Wolf, Way to go!!

-MyPocketWizard-

Colors are beautiful, perfect.contrast - its great! Better than I imagined!!

dyliho

Apr 27, 2011
I guess the color turned out ok from what you wrote, lol. Good to hear that you got it to work and glad you liked it.

So Mr. Wolf, a couple questions... As far as using or distributing this bootanimation. I could hook my family and friends up with it - right? I mean, who knows....

But to link it, or make it available to other users - would I be unethical in doing so, or do I just need to credit original poster, and you for mods? If you find the time to make it available in a flash form, and linking it isn't too uncouth it would be a sweet ass intro to shroomysense.... I could do it. A sweet Rom with wild accentuates, a trippy theme... Just let me know, don't want to break any guidelines or rules....

Oh, and Mudknot would be credited right? He has the claims on originally making it a bootanimation....

-MyPocketWizard-

Wolf

Jan 8, 2011
41°50′13″N, 87°41′4″W
If Mudknot was the original creator then he should always be given credit. As far as crediting me, it is up to you. That should always be done if you post it. I would also probably check with him and make sure it is ok with him if you can distribute it. I am sure it would be. He posted it already, but it is always safe to check. If you are just giving it to family/friends then you probably don't need to give credit because you are not distributing it publicly. I can make a flash file later.

dyliho

Apr 27, 2011
If Mudknot was the original creator then he should always be given credit. As far as crediting me, it is up to you. That should always be done if you post it. I would also probably check with him and make sure it is ok with him if you can distribute it. I am sure it would be. He posted it already, but it is always safe to check. If you are just giving it to family/friends then you probably don't need to give credit because you are not distributing it publicly. I can make a flash file later.

Ok man, of course you would get credit, and I will also check with him. A lot of people use honeysense or blue themes and well, it freakin rocks. Whatever I do, credit will served. Hit me up when you make it a flashfile if ya don't care. And thanks again...

-MyPocketWizard-

smartboy36

Aug 1, 2011
Hey can you make a harry potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 boot animation for me or any harry potter boot?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

Wolf

Jan 8, 2011
41°50′13″N, 87°41′4″W
Anything can be done. Unfortunately it is about how much time I don't have to do extra work. If I can produce something in minutes than it may be a possibility. Give me an idea about what you were thinking about. Try to be detailed. I will have to give you feedback on what I think about it.

smartboy36

Aug 1, 2011
I would love the scene of dumbledore vs voldemort. That would be perfect. Thank you also

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

Wolf

Jan 8, 2011
41°50′13″N, 87°41′4″W
Are you talking about just a single image of that scene, or an actual animation or movie part. If it is just a single image then that is more like a splash screen. If you are talking about moving images then that is a whole other story.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *For the art work I didn't make*
    Credit for the artwork goes solely to the artist that made it

*Note*
    This isn't a flashable zip
    Currently these are for froyo 2.2
    I will be updating with in the next few days to make them work for gingerbread.

*What you need*
    Root, root explorer

*Instructions*
    To make this your boot animation:
    1. Make a nandroid back up via CWM
    2.download file.
    3.place "bootanimation.zip" file on sd card.
    4. with root explorer copy file off sd card.
    5. place file in >data>local
    6.Over write bootanimation.zip

I take no responsibility if you brick or mess up your phone.

*For flashable bootscreens see post 4*

*For TPC stock ROM*
    1. Follow steps 1-3
    2. Rename to ATT_bootanimation.zip
    3. Copy file from sd card
    4. Paste in system>customize>resources
    5. Reboot and enjoy!

ALSO: I will be creating custom boot animations, so keep your eyes peeled.

Rotating Skeleton video:Rotating Skeleton

xray-skeleton.jpg
    Here Is a little custom boot its not much, when I get a little more time I'll attempt something a little more elaborate.

generic inspired boot vid here:Inspire

bootani1.gif

Updated: New windows Xp boot animation & Android peeing on mac.

windowsbootanimation.gif

View attachment 540338
    Here ya go. Sonic Moves REALLY FAST across the screen If you want, give me more frames to work with, atleast 2x, 3x more than whats already there and I can make it better for you. as far as sound, see if you can use one of the bootanimation utility apps from the market to find the sound binarary or find one floating around the forums.

here it is slowed down. the last number in the first line of desc.txt is the frame rate. dropping this number will limit the amount of frames/sec and therefor slow it down. In this case I changed it from 15 to 5, slowing it down to about 1/3 of the speed you had it. I started at 7, it was still too fast, went to 3 and was too slow. 5 looks pretty good though
    Here is another one for all those that are as impatient about Modern Warfare 3 as I am!

bf_0034.png

bf_0084.png

bf_0134.png

Download link for the full length animation is here.
    Download link for shorter/MIUI version is here.

Audio Coming Soon

Please hit Thanks if you like it, if you hate it, don't :)

Nice job on figuring it out. Thanks for your contributions.

@Wolf_2 Thanks! I am glad I could!

~cheers
    As soon as I learn how to start making these Bootanimations I will start taking requests.