T-Mobile Activates voLTE

Search This thread

itsmikeramsay

Mar 25, 2009
Atlanta
If anyone gets the OTA link for this small update can you PLEASE PLEASE post the link here for it!!! ROM builds could really use the reference for it as they may be able to incorporate it into their updates. voLTE is only working in Seattle and the moment, but it's just a matter of time....

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/05/22/t-mobile-galaxy-note-3-g-flex-volte/

Last edited:

rjohnstone

The functionally is already there on the Note 3.
It came with the 4.4.2 release. The update from T-Mobile is most likely just a config update. J

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1400817977206.jpg
    1400817977206.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 3,374

joe1blue

Dec 27, 2010
Boynton Beach
Sorry but I'm missing something how did youget tothe hidden menu I downloaded Apex Launcher I still don't know how to get to that setting sorry to bother you.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

deeznutz1977

Jul 4, 2010
cHARMcity,MD
Sorry but I'm missing something how did youget tothe hidden menu I downloaded Apex Launcher I still don't know how to get to that setting sorry to bother you.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium HD app

Long press home screen>>>shortcuts>>activities...... Then scroll down to volte
6yhybega.jpg

Sent from my bad ass Kryon infused Note 3

Orical

May 22, 2011
Boston
They plan on having the network updated for everyone across the US by the end of the year but the network updates that were made was a big thing for T-Mobile and everyone should see a significant difference in how it toggles back and forth between 4G and LTE now.

The issue they had was with IPv6 protocol not allowing it to change back causing lock up from LTE back to 4G. That's been corrected now (Their words) which is the main reason I don't mind updating, VoLTE is just an added gift to be had at a later date.

rosedog

May 1, 2010
I got it too and when they say "Seattle" they must mean that loosely. I'm in Everett and its live.

As for the download booster, if I remember it correctly it stated that its uses a combination of WiFi and LTE to do the downloading. You do have to turn on your WiFi to use it.

Top Liked Posts