Votes: 294 95.8%
  • No :(

Votes: 13 4.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Erofich

May 5, 2007
Windows Mobile 6.1 AKU 1.0.0
5.2.19202 Build 19202.1.0.0 WWE (ENG Only!)

v6e

Cumulative Fix (Mar 9th)
1) fixes CommManager and All Settings links in Carousel plugin
2) adds icon to Settings shortcut in Start Menu
3) both Reminder and Alarm volumes increased to 5 (Loud)
4) Quick List assigned to long Home button press.
5) Shortcuts for Create new Excel, ExcelX, DocX documents now works (thanks alexnvidia)
Download

Various T9 (not xT9) languages:
Russian, English, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, Finnish, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polski, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
http://melgurth.ovh.org/index.php?page=downloads

Author:
- pArtizAn aka Erofich

GREAT thanks to:
- Alex[DFR] - Thanks!
img-71580-drinks.gif
- WM6.1 XIP, a lot of useful info
- Strik3r - WM6 XIP
- Chymmylt - betatesting
- Jony_aa - betatesting, advices

img-75383-Image2.jpg

What's included:
- NET Compact Framework v3.5
- xT9 Eng/Rus (english by default)
- Long Home button press to reset device
- MS Office 6.1 (docx supported)
- Windows Live deleted
- Download Esmertec JBed Java 3D separately

Known issues:
*none*

How to flash:
1) make an application unlock
1.5) make a SuperCID (optional)
2) copy content of SSPL folder (in the archive) to the root of your device
3) run SPL.lnk
4) run ROM Update Utility.exe (from RUU directory in the archive) on your PC
5) follow the instructions
6) wait until flash process will be completed
You can flash it over ANY (Qtek, Dopod or Cingular) rom!

If you wanna to use this rom or part of it (i.e. XIP, etc) for the base of your future roms, please keep/add author's names in About menu! Thanks.

Download:
http://ren.redsys.ru/_private/WM6StrTrk/WM61v6e.7z

Donate via PayPal:

Last edited:

Med0ric0

Feb 10, 2008
THANKS! You are awesome!!! I'm going to flash this ROM after my device is back from the reparation.

alexnvidia

Sep 29, 2006
COOL! downloading now. this is the WM6.1 standard CLEAN version right? not the pro version you were talking about?

dancer_69

Jan 2, 2007
You are amazing!
I'm running wm6.1 right now. All seems to function until now. Translation from wm6 works. Nice and fast.
Thanks!

gimteoh

Dec 30, 2006
nice , after remove getting started and the multimedia from the home screen . it look simple and nice. thank you pArtizAn for such an excellent rom

i will wait for the next bug fix update.

i try to install neo skin but no hope.

Last edited:

alexnvidia

Sep 29, 2006
Bugs List (updated 22 March 08) ---> Possibly new bug discovered
=======

1.[FIXED] first issue observed. the settings icon in start menu is not working. it just show a generic icon for settings button. anyone had this issue?
UPDATE 1: after installing the cab fix from erofich, other buttons appeared (games, accessories) but settings is totally missing. 3rd issue is still there.
UPDATE 2: 2nd cab revert back to 1st issue. settings icon appeared but proper icon still missing and 3rd issue still there.
UPDATE 3: the latest cab file fixed the settings issue finally! yeah! great work erofich!! 3rd issue fixed as well.

2.[NOTHING TO FIX]also, available free storage memory space is a bit on the low side, ~11MB..is this because WM6.1 is a larger OS?
UPDATE: thanks for the explaination.

3.[FIXED] another issue observed. when i scroll down to settings in homescreen and click on right key (all settings), it gives me an error message saying setting could not be opened.
UPDATE: Issue resolved with latest settings cab release by erofich!

4.[FIXED] reminder volume is kind of low, and several settings for normal profile are missing.
Unsolved : reminder volume still too low. settings in normal profile are still missing, maybe that's why the volume is low. can you please look into it erofich?
UPDATE 1: volume control for alarm does not seem to work too. even if i set to 1 or loudest, the alarm volume is still the same.
UPDATE 2: soft volume for reminder and alarm solved using erofich's latest cumulative fix cab!! alarm volume control works now. however there is still no settings to control volume for reminder in normal profile (maybe it's WM6.1 limitation) but the point is, reminder and alarm sound are loud enough to be heard now. :)
http://ren.redsys.ru/_private/WM6StrTrk/WM6.1CumulativeFix.cab

5.[FIXED] new bug found. shortcut for create new excel, excelx, docx, for word and excel not working. gives you error when you opened them.
UPDATE: OK, i finally figured out what's wrong and made a quick fix for this bug. Download the Template fix.zip below, place all the shortcut files in /windows/start menu/office mobile and all the template files in /windows. all create doc, docx, xlt, xltx working perfectly now! cheers~
UPDATE 2: Alternatively, you can just install the lastest cumulative fix from Erofich. the template fix has been included.

6. Ok, it's been a while. have been doing testing for PRO WM6.1 for HTC strtrk. Great work there Erofich. anyway, i have possibly found a new bug in the smartphone OS. there is a setting in Accessibility that show multipress time out. i've set it to 1/2 sec, but im pretty sure the setting is not applied because it takes an awfully long time for multipress to time out. Can you please confirm this and if possible, make a fix for it? thanks.

Last edited:

Erofich

May 5, 2007
first issue observed. the settings icon in start menu is not working. it just show a generic icon for settings button. anyone had this issue?
Yes, i know. Thats due to WM6.1 from Moto Q has one unknown bug - when cooking your own rom the Settings (rootgsm.cpl.xml) doesnt work by usual way. So ive created a new shorcut to Settings.
You can install a cab from attachment to have an icon for Settings

also, available free storage memory space is a bit on the low side, ~11MB..is this because WM6.1 is a larger OS?
Thats because of i have leaved all the original parts of OS in the ROM.

edit: attach deleted
edit: new fixcab added - fixes All Settings issue and reverts result of previous cab

edit: cabfix deleted :)

Last edited:

D'rath

Feb 12, 2008
BG
Mmmh, some problems with sms: InBox and SentItems are confused by SO

D'rath

PS: Great Work!!! ;)

Last edited:

dancer_69

Jan 2, 2007
Erofich
From what device's rom are the russian mui files that you include in this rom? My greek language pack from wm6 have a resault to some apps(task manager, recend start menu items option) to stop work and some missing translation fields. So I cannot use it.

Thanks in advance

hvbelton

Feb 16, 2008
Smart Watches
I get to the point where it tries to "Verifing information on your phone" but then get:

ERROR[260]: Update Error
The Update Utility cannot connect to your Smartphone....

I have updated the phone from wm5 to wm6 so I've been down this road before.

Ran app unlock from previous wm6 rom; still no joy.

When I get the error, I can successfully run the wm6 clean rom update.

Figured it out,,, This one does not work with Vista while all the others I've tried do.

Last edited:

kallu

Sep 23, 2006
looks good

Flashed it this morning. looks good so far. Is there a way to add/remove the categories on the home screen, for example, can I remove photos from the home screen?

Kallu

jony_aa

Oct 1, 2007
Kirovo-Chepetsk
Flashed it this morning. looks good so far. Is there a way to add/remove the categories on the home screen, for example, can I remove photos from the home screen?

Kallu

You need edit \Application Data\Home\SlidingPanel_Media.home.xml

Code:
<plugin clsid="{E9267CAB-02EE-4f37-8216-6BF6A8FF5A71}" name="Bronze" height="266">
                <Plugins Order="CClock;CHome;CAppointments;CWelcomeCenter;CWindowsLive;CMusic;CMyPhotos;Settings" />
    </plugin>
for example remove photos:
Code:
<plugin clsid="{E9267CAB-02EE-4f37-8216-6BF6A8FF5A71}" name="Bronze" height="266">
                <Plugins Order="CClock;CHome;CAppointments;CWelcomeCenter;CWindowsLive;CMusic;Settings" />
    </plugin>

Last edited:

ghost_301

Mar 5, 2008
Hi Erofich,

I am totally new for this flashing thingy ... I am so happy that there's a possibility to flash WM6 in my Dopod S300 ... but is it possible that the rom be equipped with t9 chinese ? My dopod S300 come with a English rom with chinese input, so just wonder is it possible to install it ... Or is there anyway to install the chinese input after flashing the WM6 you released ?

Hehe ... Thanks !

reliant77

Sep 6, 2007
I lost my storage card

Hi ,firstly thanks for this release , i just updated to wm 6.1 , but i can´t access to storage card , someone happened this ??? , any solution ??? , thanks