[ROM][I9100G] LineageOS 13.0 [UNOFFICIAL][Android 6.0.1][20180131]

Search This thread

adxamg

Apr 10, 2014
New lineage 13.0 build 20171024 is online.
- latest Android 6.0.1 R81 sources
- Android security patch 01.10.2017
- wifi wpa2 security problems fixed (wpa_supplicant & kernel)

Reports welcome, if there are any wifi problems after these fixes. I could not test this build so far.
This build was created with 100% photovoltaic energy.

Last edited:

blue whale

Nov 26, 2010

Reports welcome, if there are any wifi problems after these fixes. I could not test this build so far.

hello,, can I install your rom on the non-4g version aka i9100 ?

kufhfdskhdsf

Sep 17, 2013
Feedback

Thank you very much for the effort, especially for keeping it alive and integrating the latest security patches! :good: :victory:

Initially, I installed 20170611 a couple of months ago and it was running fine, but got slower from time to time, me suspecting too many background processes (gapps?). Recently, it crashed/rebooted during updates by the playstore and got stuck in a bootloop: right after 'preparing apps' during startup, it reboots.

In an attempt to fix this, I installed the latest 20171024 which works fine ... up to some point when installing an app from the appstore crashes -> bootloop. It can't recover from the bootloop by wiping dalvik/cache. Installing the LOS rom, gapps and addonsu afterwards does not help either :(

It seems to enter the bootloop if an app installation was interrupted. Is there an easier fix (one could try from TWRP, for example) instead of wiping the partitions and installing all over again?

Btw, side note: Installing the suggested TWRP after the LOS rom renders it unbootable (TWRP tells me there is no OS installed). Is this expected behaviour? The LOS rom comes with the CyanogenMod recovery which must not be touched for booting the system.

If other i9100g devices do not show this behaviour, it might be an hardware problem?
Thanks for any hints&ideas!

{edit}
After some installations, I found the culprit that causes the bootloop during installation. Especially, it is reproducible with this apk of Telegram 4.4.2 (11273)(arm)(Android 6.0+). It happens when installing it from the appstore but also via apk (from apkmirror) right after installation of plain 20171024 (no network, offline), without gapps and su (wiped system&data before install). Does someone get this as well?

Last edited:
Reactions: Smoover

Smoover

Feb 22, 2009
Bootloop

My i9100g was repartitioned using Lanchon's zip file method via TWRP to 1 GB system and 6 GB data. I clean installed LOS13 20171024 and stock OpenGapps with config file using TWRP 2.8.7.0. I have not yet dabbled in the IsoRec permanent recovery.

My device also boots to the "preparing apps" stage and then loops as described by kufhfdskhdsf in post #46. The first instance of looping started after I got an error message about "theme engine crashing" (?) and the launcher force closing shortly after the second boot following OS installation. The second instance of looping was caused by me trying to install Nova Launcher via Play store because I figured the launcher included in the OS might be the culprit. This was again after a clean install. Other apps like Youtube or Relay install without problems via Play store.

In general, the OS works fine when it does. Unfortunately, in my case, it doesn't :).

Any suggestions or solutions? Any additional info I can post to try and find the cause? I would really like to get the G2g flying again. It's such a neat little device!

Last edited:

adxamg

Apr 10, 2014
Seems to be my i9100g reached EOL now. It worked as internet hotspot at a place without wired internet connection last time.
But it keeps crashing after some hours. Even with older backups of cm12.1 or lineage13, running well before, it's not stable any more.

Franz.Xaver

Oct 11, 2012
Frankfurt am Main

mohmedxpmpa

Feb 11, 2016
Cairo
my s2 after update apps from google play make bootloop , and to fix this formatting mobile
how to fix it without format ??

adxamg

Apr 10, 2014
I guess no one would spent countless of hours on this for an old device which is not used actively by many people now.
Flashlight is working. Camera flash i think also. By the way.

I hope that the issue and things that doesnt work (camera flash, gps, flashlight etc) will be solved. Ive got a spare s2 phone currently using lineage 11.

VannM

I guess no one would spent countless of hours on this for an old device which is not used actively by many people now.
Flashlight is working. Camera flash i think also. By the way.

Really?! Flashlight at notification works? And camera as well? Oh man, i will test it now!

Btw, whats the status of this project? Stalled, dropped, or slowed down?

Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there's a few "graphic" that seems out of place (alignment).
camera with auto flash not working every first time open. have to play around with flash setting
i havent test other because this phone is my 2nd daily phone, time constraint.

Last edited:

adxamg

Apr 10, 2014
It's somewhere on it's way from 'slowed down' and 'end of life'. But i still use this phone from time to time. Then i build a new version with an up to date patch level. All other roms for this phone don't have an up to date android patch level.

hokheeheng

Jul 20, 2017
It's somewhere on it's way from 'slowed down' and 'end of life'. But i still use this phone from time to time. Then i build a new version with an up to date patch level. All other roms for this phone don't have an up to date android patch level.

That is great! and thanks you very much now my gti9100g is now running very smooth and so cool to use your rom with the latest security patch.

May I ask something from you?

how can I disable Se-Linux Status permanently?

L34KL3SS

Dec 20, 2014
I recently lost my note 3 and got to get back with this one
Currently using Omni 5.1.1 because I couldn't get CM12.1 to work properly on this device(fc all the time) and I really like cm12.1 on this device cause it's more stable and has no problems like cm13. So I really want Lineage 12.1, so.. Is it a good idea ? I want to build it myself but I'm completely newbie in this rom building thingy so just want some opinions before I dip my hands in cause I dont have much timg (student)!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][I9100G][6.0.1] LineageOS 13.0 [UNOFFICIAL][Galaxy S2G]

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

This is an UNOFFICIAL build of LineageOS 13.0 for Samsung Galaxy S2 G (I9100G). It's build from sources on github.com/cyanogenmod & github.com/xdaamg. Standard functionalities are working, when you follow flash instructions. Android 6.0.1 is running smooth on this device. Please read 'problems and not working'-section before you flash this ROM.

Disclaimer:
    By flashing a custom rom, your warranty is void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards and so on. You are choosing to make these modifications.
    I will not give support for any modifications, frameworks and apps you install.
    I will not give support, if you did not follow flash instructions 'word by word'.
    Confirmations of working things are welcome. If you found a bug, provide a logcat and description of it.

First time installation instructions:
    • Backup your media files (photo, music, downloads) stored on internal storage
    • Download LineageOS i9100g ROM, OpenGApps (ARM, Android 6.0, Stock) and .gapps-config.zip (details see below) to your sdcard. Extract .gapps-config.zip to same place as your opengapps file on sdcard, usually root of sdcard.
    • Boot into TWRP Recovery. If you don't have TWRP 2.8.7.0, flash TWRP and reboot into twrp recovery. Then wipe system, data, internal, dalvik and cache.
    • Flash LineageOS 13.0 rom and OpenGApps Stock with .gapps-config file. It will install opengapps nano and replace aosp keyboard with google keyboard. Reboot system and follow instructions in setup wizard. After finishing all, reboot again.
    • To get root access, download su-arm-i9100g.zip and flash it in twrp recovery
    • Set default phone app, before you make your first call. Go to "Settings/Apps/Advanced/Default Apps/Phone App" and set it to "Phone".

Updating Lineage 13.0 ROM:
    • Download Lineage 13.0 i9100g ROM to your phone
    • Boot into recovery and install LinageOS 13.0 i9100g ROM and reboot system

Download I9100G LineageOS 13.0 ROM UNOFFICIAL:
    Download i9100g LineageOS 13.0 20180131

Support development of this rom:
    If you find this rom useful, consider donating please. Your donation helps to keep this rom alive and is your chance to support development.

Download Google Apps:
    Open GApps (recommended: ARM, 6.0, Stock (Download))

Download .gapps-config file:
    Download .gapps-config

Download root 'su', flash with twrp and activate under 'developer settings':
    Download su-arm-i9100g.zip
    Download su-arm-i9100g-remove.zip

Android-Version: 6.0.1 (R81)
    LineageOS-Version: 13.0
    Security patch level: 01.01.2018
    Kernel-Version: 3.0.31
    SELinux: permissive

Standard functionalities working:
    Telefon, sms, wifi, data 2g/3g, grafics, sensors, compass, location, camera, flashlight, vpn, wifi hotspot, playstore.

Special features:
    • TWRP IsoRec: Booting TWRP from recovery partition + supports booting TWRP 3.0+ build for i9100 device
    • F2FS: Flash-friendly file system supported (data, cache, sdcard)
    • zram support: virtual swap compressed in RAM
    • Best standby times by supporting app standby (doze)
    • Higly responsive, smooth gui
    • First i9100g android 6.0 rom and only one which still gets updates

Changelog LineageOS & i9100g device tree:
    Lineage 13.0 changes

20170609: Upgrade CyanogenMod 13.0 to LineageOS 13.0
    20170611: Touchkey Backlight fixed
    20170922: Updated sources to latest Android 6.0.1 R80; Security fix in kernel: net/bluetooth to fix 'blueborn' problem
    20171024: Updated sources to latest Android 6.0.1 R81; Security fix in kernel: net/mac80211 to fix wifi security problem; security fixes in wpa_supplicant to fix wifi wpa2 connections
    20171226: november/december 2017 android security fixes; various lineage os changes
    20180131: January 2018 android security fixes; hardware_ti_omap4 changes

Not supported:
    • Manual selection of network carrier is not supported -> use automatic network search
    • Snap camera supports picture and video recording. Panorama mode is not supported (but working with some other camera apps). Digital zoom is not supported.
    • Some display features are not supported, for example 'night mode'

Problems and/or not working:
    • Sound distortions with some codecs and sample rates. In some situations or with some codecs, sound/ringtones etc. sounds like with some kind of electronical effect. -> try different equalizer settings or use cm12.1, if audio quality is not accectable for you
    • GPS does not find enough satellites to get a location fix -> use cm-12.1 if you need this feature. This bug could be solved by replacing proprietary libstlport.so with opensource external libstlport.so, but this breaks simcard detection.

When you found a bug/error/problem, post a logcat with description. Postings without these informations are likely to be ignored.

FAQ/Solutions:
    • Root: To get root access, download su-arm-i9100g.zip and flash with twrp. Then go to settings/about phone and touch build-number seven (7) times. This will activate developer settings. Then go to settings/developer settings/root access and set it to apps only or apps and adb.
    • Recovery: LineageOS 13.0 comes with Cyanogen Recovery by default. But this rom supports booting IsoRec TWRP recovery. If recovery is not working, enter 'download mode' and flash a new recovery via odin, for example TWRP 2.8.7.0.
    • Bluetooth connections to headsets, speakers -> When you have connection problems try to disable battery optimisations for your audio app: go to settings/battery, select menu on top right and choose 'optimisation', in dropdown menu choose 'all applications' and select your music player app (for example cyanogenmod eleven), select 'not to optizime'. Reboot after you set this option.
    • Android security patch level: Google releases monthly security updates. Security bulletin is split into different security patch levels. Relevant for i9100g lineage 13 is only first part of this bulletin, for example patch level 2017-05-01, with changes in aosp source code. These issues gets fixed with an updated lineage 13.0 rom. Other issues mentioned in drivers and kernel are device specific. We could be affected by this errors or similar bugs, but only manufactor of this hardware could update (driver) binaries (and they don't care about old devices). The same with kernel bugs, i9100g kernel could be affected by this errors too, but there are no active kernel developers for this device and so these problems will often stay unfixed.
    • Galery app: If galery app does not display all your albums/pictures/video for example of your sdcard: Open file explorer and search for a file '.nomedia' on your sdcard root/picture/video folder. If it's there, delete it. It tells android not to index this folder. Then make a new folder on your sdcard, for example 'media'. Move your pictures/videos/music to your new media folder. Mediascanner will scan these files automatically now and they should be visible in gallery app.

Optimisations:
    • Low app space: If you are low on app data storage, think about repartitioning your phone storage. 4 or 6 gb should be sufficient even for many apps. Follow instructions in this thread. Alternatively use Lanchon Repit Tool.
    • Battery: Display and data connections/syncing use most energy. I suggest to reduce display brightness to a minimum or switch off adaptive brightness. Also switch off background data connections/syncing for apps you don't use or which will be updated when you really use it.
    • After first flash give phone some extra time to complete all tasks, even when it's reacting already to your inputs, it's working hard. Wait some minutes. It's also a good idea to do another reboot after some time. This solved some problems in the past.
    • Force closes: If you are experiencing force closes try first to clean cache/dalvik cache in recovery. If it's still not working, go to settings/apps, find the offending app and clear data. Still no solution? Then do a clean flash with factory reset and re-install apps without importing backups.

TWRP Recovery only signed (recovery, without lineageos):
    Download TWRP 2.8.7.0 Recovery only signed
    Download TWRP 2.8.7.0 Recovery only signed TAR for Odin

Lineage 13.0 ROM archive (outdated, you should only use it, if latest build is not working for you):

XDA:DevDB Information
    I9100G LineageOS 13.0 Android 6.0.1, ROM for the i9100

Contributors
    adxamg
    Source Code: http://github.com/xdaamg

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 20180131
    Beta Release Date: 2018-01-31

Created 2017-06-11
    Last Updated 2018-02-01
    Uploaded a new lineageos 13.0 build 20170712.

Change: Latest android security patch level: July and June aosp patches.
    New build online, lineage 13.0 i9100g 20170611.

Change:
    - Touchkey backlight fixed and working normally again