Today I decided to share my work, a customized rom based on the latest Gingerbread official ROM of the Huawei Honor U8860.
This porting wants to be the most light possible, avoiding the Huawei traces and trying to make difference with stability, speed and zero bugs.
This is a list of the rom features:
- Based on Gingerbread 2.3.6 – Official B876 (Firmware Huawei Honor U8860);
- Root permanent permission;
- Overclock kernel;
- Unlocked FPS limit (30 @ 55);
- Zipaligned apks;
- Added BusyBox;
- Removed Gallery 3D and replaced with QuickPic;
- Removed Huawei Launcher and replaced with Zeam Launcher;
- Corrected APNs list (only the Italian Internet Wind apn);
- Edited carrier name "Wind Telecomunicazioni Spa" into "WIND";
- Edited carrier name "Telecom Italia SpA" into "TIM";
- Edited carrier name "Hutchinson H3G Italia" into "3 ITA";
- Removed the stock Browser and replaced with Dolphin Browser HD;
- Updated Market (now Google Play), Google Search Box, FlashPlayer;
- Removed Social Huawei and other apks from the stock rom;
- Increased performance by editing build.prop;
- Enabled HDR function on camera;
- Removed File Browser and replaced with Root Explorer;
- Independence of the /cust partition;
- Removed WPS function on WiFi section;
- Removed ipcall function;
- Added the battery percentage on the status bar;
- Stock Android Gingerbread lockscreen;
- Removed the energy saving function;
- Bypass of the Android Settings Wizard;
- Optimized the GPS config for Europe;
- Tethering WiFi is available and works fine;
- Added by default the Quick Settings Widget in the notification bar;
- FM Radio works fine;
- Added function Volume Rocker Screen Wake Up;
- A new graphic for Contacts and Phone applications;
- Removed Fast Boot option;
- Patched the libsqlite.so for better performances;
- Disabled bugreports generation in kernel ramdisk;
- Permanent Root Access;
- No more is needed SuperUser.apk for root-based applications;
- The default video codec for High Video Recording Quality is H264;
- The default audio codec for High Video Recording Quality id AAC;
- Edited the carrier name "Sonaecom - Serviços de Comunicações, S.A." into "Optimus";
PREREQUISITES - ATTENTION PLEASE
Gingerbread 2.3.5 Stock Huawei version (B512, B521, B540, B552, B565, B572)
or any customized Gingerbread ROM (CyanogenMod, MIUI, 2.3.5, 2.3.6, 2.3.7)
or any ICS Rom (DZO Aurora, Genokolar MIUI v4);
CWM Recovery 220.127.116.11
If you have the stock recovery, you will not be able to install any customized ROM. So, you have to do these steps: download the CWM Recovery 18.104.22.168 (previous link to download the file), power off your device and turn on into Pink Screen Mode (holding down VOL+, VOL- and Power button). Plug in your usb cable to your pc and wait for the automount of the new drive. Navigate to the /image folder and rename the stock "recovery.img" into "recovery.bak".
Now simply copy the CWM Recovery into the /image folder and be sure that its name is "recovery.img", otherwise you have to rename it into "recovery.img".
Unmount the periferic, remove the usb cable and extract the battery to shutdown the phone. That's all.
You can verify the new recovery installation entering in recovery mode (holding down VOL+ and Power button).
INSTALLATION PROCEDURE FOR FULL PACKAGE
0) Make sure that you have installed all prerequisites;
1) Download the zip file of the rom with your pc;
2) Shutdown your smartphone and to be really sure unplug the battery;
3) Insert your battery and power on your smartphone into recovery mode holding down VOL+ and the power button (be sure that you have the CWM 22.214.171.124);
4) Go to advanced ---> reboot recovery;
5) At the new recovery boot go to "mount and storage";
6) Mount usb storage;
7) Plug in your usb-microusb cable;
8) Copy the downloaded zip file into the external sdcard;
9) Wipe data/factory;
10) Wipe cache;
11) Wipe Dalvik Cache;
12) [OPTIONAL if you experience a huge battery drain only] Wipe Battery Stats;
13) Go to "mount and storage", then "format /system";
14) Install zip from sdcard;
15) choose zip from sdcard and select the downloaded zip file;
16) Install complete!
17) reboot system now.
Please wait about 2 minutes for the install process and be patient for the first boot.
At the first boot the default language has been set to English. This choise because the rom needs to be more international possible.
Anyway the rom is multilanguage and offers the default available languages of the stock Android base-rom.
The default keyboard is the stock Android Latin.
File name: B876_KALO_Extreme.zip
Changelog: Increased the 3G speed, fixed the network dropping from 2G/3G, updated applications.
If you appreciate my work and want to thank me, please send a donation, it's a huge reason to keep alive this Android project for U8800 Pro.
FaceBook Group Page -----> KALO ANDROID U8800 Pro
- Genokolar (kernel and recovery Guru);
- mik_os (libsqlite.so tweaks);
- pikachukaki (theme creator and tester for his B876 based-ROM);
- zontovolo (the best beta-tester I've seen!);
- cuvetto (for the better audio experience);
- merafly (for his advices and suggestions);
- tasosmrs (for the modded phone.apk)
- All users who are using/testing my releases;
SPECIAL THANKS TO DONATORS:
- Nektarios Orfanidis;
- Pavel Igorevich;
- Denis Avetsuk;
- Eugenio Livio;
- José Alexis Morera Fernández;